Follow
Read More
✔️ Water fountain for improved hydration and happiness of cats
✔️ Catnip, toys
✔️ Case of the canned food the older one prefers over the dry food. I'm ok with getting him his favorite food. He's made it to 18 years, he should eat what he likes.
✔️ Grooming gloves with the rubber nubs, so I can rub them hairless... haha

The previous owner dropped off plenty of other supplies so I don't have much to buy and I want to get them a few treats to feel better about this adjustment of being rehomed. They seem very much mellow cats. I watched as the 4 yo daughter was grabbing the cats, picking them up, moving them around, and the cats tolerate her very well so these are some pretty chill cats imo.

Have to see how the first week goes. They just came today and so far they won't venture out from under their hiding places, so I'm just going to let them be for a bit.
(4)

ALI YOU HAVE CATSCATSCATS'! I am so happy for you. You have waited so long! Enjoy them!
(1)

I have cats! CATS CATS CATS CAT-CAT-CAT-CAT-HOUSE is at MY HOUSE, I have CATS!! I'm a bit excited, as you can read.

I had a friend of a friend who had two adult cats that needed to be re-homed for a few reasons and I offered to take them. Devo is 18 years old ( ... I have mixed feelings about taking a cat so old, but he's in good health and I'm ok with being old-cat caregiver person...) and Delilah is 11 (estimated, she's a former rescue). They are hiding in the living room currently inside and under things and I'm going to just let them be for a few days as they adjust. But....

I HAVE CAAAAAATTTTTTTSSSSSS! And I'm very happy about that. Now I'm going to go buy them a water fountain on Amazon, because I think that would make them happy.
(7)

Off on another cat transport this Sunday - this is becoming a monthly thing now, which is ok with me, as long as I can afford the gas to make the trip. It's going to be busy this weekend, though - the meet-up point is in a heavily-traveled tourist area. Oh well - I love getting up there this time of year anyway. :-)
(5)

Jacques, my old fella, climbed on the foot of my bed and played my toenails with his claws, as if my feet were a xylophone. Plunk plunk plunk...he woke me up at 3 am. :-(
(4)

So many bugs and moths to play with and chase all night. Ming is not even sleeping on my bed now. So much exercise I think she is toning muscle and losing weight.😸
(4)

So, last week on Bruce's scheduled "outing" day (he usually comes with me to massage therapy while mom's at dialysis, and then we go to the park), I was sick. This week, the power was out, and I was not climbing 6 flights of stairs to get him and lug him back down the same way, so he missed his outing again. Today I used my respite break to take him to the park, instead of going swimming like I normally do.

We went to the pet store first. I went looking for a travel water bowl, and also found a cross-body carry sling (meant for small dogs) in the same section. Well, THIS is a little gem of a product! I swear this kitten weighs almost 15 pounds by now! I also found a cross-body water-bottle holster, so I got that, too. Now I can walk around with my cat, totally hands-free! Lol. 

It was a new park to Bruce, so he was a little nervous at first. He likes the bag! I think it's his new "safe space" when we're out. So much that it took him 30 minutes to even come out of it! Finally I took my shoes off and lay down on the grass, and that prompted him to slink alongside me. Eventually he moved around a bit, sniffing grass and sticks and pinecones and a tree, and he watched some birds and bugs. He doesn't even try to go far from me - I probably wouldn't even have to hold the leash (but I do, because what if he has a freak-out and runs off?). He's actually a pretty chill little guy when we go out!

Anyway, he saw a marmot for the first time, and lots of birds....and after awhile, a couple of ducks settled in within about 10 feet of us! The male duck even had a sit down while his lady love preened and shook her tail feathers. Bruce doesn't seem interested in trying to chase anything, though.  Not even bugs. He just watches. Considering how insane the pigeons on the balcony make him, I really never expected him to be so calm outdoors.

Anyway, he's been yowling at me out of boredom for days, and now he seems quite content again.

I have to say, there really is something about a cat on a leash that makes people giggle and coo when they see it.  Like, "Oh my god, it's a cat!"  And, "Ohhh how cute!"  They would maybe just smile (or not even notice) if they saw you with a cute dog or a cute baby, but they have to express their astonishment over a cat.  I guess it IS pretty unusual to see a cat in a park.  I just posted this in another thread, but if I could get him to actually WALK on the leash, I swear I'd have fifty new friends a day! 
(4)

Our cats used to pee in hubs suitcase when he was packing for job,, they are smart! And full of plots,,
(6)

My cat's revenge. hubby left the sun room door closed so she could not get to the litter box.
She found his coat lying on the floor (as usual) and peed on that
(7)

Whoops, pam! Was editing my post to include an image while you were posting! :-)
(1)

I never thought of that Dori,, thank you! When she gets neutered ( in the very near future) I will remember that! Her head is about the same size as her neck ( That is the Chihuahua part of her)..
(1)

Happy belated Birthday, Mama Bootsie!

pam - if you get the kind of cone that has loop tabs at the base (this is usually the basic plastic one the vet would normally hand out), you can attach it to the collar part of a harness and it stays on. I had to do this with Bruce when he had his hernia surgery. The harness was the only thing that prevented him from getting the cone off!

Edit:  this is the cone style I mean: 

www.mvtimes.com/mvt/uploads/2017/10/Cone-head_Reni_-_dog_in_Elizabethan_collar.jpg
(1)

The diapers were,,, amusing... I never saw a dog chase it's tail for 15 minutes before,,, was able to distract her with a new toy for about.. 15 seconds...
(0)

It is amazing how quickly a female cat recovers from her hysterectomy. I know the next day after mine, I wasn't running full blast through the house and playing with things :P
(2)

Just woke up to turn on news. Whoops no news, but the wedding, singing, and OMG Ming! What is it about music that winds her up so? 😍

The gospel music has her going! 😂
(4)

pam...Hopefully your baby wont need a cone at all.Only one of my 3 kittens had to wear one to protect her staples,but what I didn't know would happen after they were spayed was that they'd get so fat,so fast,so now we have to work on getting the weight off.It's always something with the babies,but they're worth it.Good luck with yours.
(1)

I have never seen diapers at the $ store.. I'll have to look. PetSmart has them for less than $10 online.. hopefully the store does too. Of course I wasn't looking for them.. she's a BABY! I did read you may need the "cone of shame" with them.. that is not going to work. As a Chug and not a Pug her head is the same size as her neck. we can't even use a collar, only a full body harness.Believe me , we don't want puppies! Luckily we are in the country and only ever take the dogs out on control because we have eagles and hawks. And I don't want her to have to spend all the time in her playpen. Thank you for the advice!
(2)

That's a good idea to get her spayed as soon as you can Pam,otherwise you'll end up with a housefull like we have now.We never knew about that Heat business,so when Bootsie started howling,my dH and I let her out,2 days in a row at Christmastime and in February,in the middle of the night,Bootsie delivered 5 babies and while it's been a lot of fun,it has also been ALOT of work and expense,so we got all the kittens and Bootsie spayed as soon as we were able but my little dog,Precious still needs to be spayed but she has to loose weight first,so when she goes into heat,I get her diaper's from the dollar store and try hard to keep 'em on her,which isn't easy.
Good luck with your baby pamzimmrrt...it's a project alright~
(3)

I am a bad puppy mommy,,, to me Chloe is still a baby,, but her tiny body has decided she is a "WOMAN" and she went into heat.. So tomorrow I am off to buy puppy diapers ( this should be interesting..) Keeping her confined to the main level with tile and hardwood, and trying to keep her off the furniture. I sure will be making that spay apt in the next few weeks!
(4)

Bootsie said to thank you all for all the Birthday wishes.She and her 3 kittens are just pooped today and they've been sleeping a lot.Knowing them though,they'll get their second wind right around bedtime,but tonight they're going to bed early,ready or not.
(3)

Luckylu such a cute post. Happy cathday to bootsie!
(1)

Am I too late for some birthday cake?
(2)

Sounds like Bootsie had a great party!! Happy Birthday Bootsie!!!
(0)

Today is MaMa Bootsie's Birthday! She is 3 years old now.Her little kittens that are almost as big as her now,have been on a real roll today,so they must know.They've been playing some of their cat games they haven't played in a long time.Toots has been hiding her curler and Trouble has been chasing her ping pong ball and Lovee' has brought down another 10 plastic bags from upstairs and Odom,my old boy cat took all the toilet paper off the toilet paper holder,so were having quite a party here.Later before bed,we'll sing to Bootsie again and have some salmon with a lick of butter on the side.
(6)

Yikes, mix one elderly almost blind cat with a 6 foot fence, add a pending thunder storm and possible tornado. Panic city, as my wild child Charlie decided he wasn't going to leave the top of that fence. Usually he panics if he sees me outside, heaven knows why, but I wrestled him off the top of the fence, his landing gear was down and he was hanging onto that fence for dear life. Finally got him on the ground.

Would he follow me back to the house? Of course not, cats will do what they feel like doing. But my heart was in my throat each time I looked up into the sky. He's too old for this. I am too old for this.

I decided he wouldn't come in the house until I go in. Then the winds and lightening came. Whew. There he was at the back door acting like it was another day in the neighborhood.
(2)

She is nuts! Wrestling match with her tail on the bed every morning. I get in shower, the match moves to the floor. I can hear her over the noise of the shower, thumping around on the floor.🐱
(3)

Dorianne, that reminded me of years ago when my sig other and I were away for a week visiting relatives. We had a cat sitter to watch over the 3 cats we had.

One day the cat sitter called us in a big panic. She came in the house only to find one of the cat outside looking in the window. Say what??? She did a head count and found only one cat in the house.

Sure enough, my wild child Charlie and another cat decided to do the great escape. Sig other had the second story bedroom window up just enough for the another cat to make a hole in the window screen, we knew it was her who did that. So she and Charlie went out that window and leaped to a lower roof, then leaped to a tall fence to climb down. Told the cat sitter don't worry. Feed those two outside.

Since then, those two cats would climb up to the second floor and go to that window if they wanted in :P

Thank goodness the house we are now in, no escapes, except Charlie did get on the roof. Well, you can see the whole neighborhood from up there !!
(3)

I really hate the whole concept of places with rules about what you can do with your own space, I get that some things might be a safety issue but most of the rules go well beyond that and seem to arbitrarily dictate a very rigid idea about what someone with a stick up their azz feels is in "good taste".
(2)

Now, at MY home, I can do pretty much whatever I want with my balcony. And I have.  And I will again! Someday.

Plus at home, it's only the 2nd story, and it's all grass and juniper bushes below.  So if he did happen to fall, he'd survive it. 
(3)

Sadly, cwillie, the "strata rules" don't allow those kind of things. And the strata rules are really strict. No chicken wire, no trellises, nothing higher than the top of the railing, no blocking the railings off with solid materials, and no hanging anything. The most I'd be allowed to do is have planters with plants growing through the railings - he could easily have MORE accidents climbing onto the planters and falling through the greenery! Plus the balcony is attached to the neighbour's, and there's really no way of keeping him off her side, short of building a solid wall (also not allowed).

I actually decided I wouldn't do a garden out there after all, because of Bruce. Once he saw me out there, there'd be no way he'd stay content to remain inside. I'm getting mom a bunch of big indoor plants for Mother's Day instead.

I really don't like this whole strata business.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter