Follow
Read More
2 3 4 5 6
Thanoks NHWM and Pam! Yes Ming still loves playing with her rubberbands!

At my daughter's house until Wednesday when movers will deliver my stuff.
(4)

Way to go Glad!! So happy for you, and Ming will adjust! A new chapter for you both! I had DDs chihuahua last night because the cleaners were coming today and she 16 and cranky! At least this time she did not pee in my bed,, like one night last time we watched her, but we were up for a walk at 2 am, and she drank like a camel.. but hey I was awake anyhow so what the heck. She had earned he 2 am walk for making it to 16!
(4)

So good to see you, Glad! Congrats on the house sale.

Poor Ming! 😞 Is she still playing with rubber bands? She sounds like such a playful kitty.
(1)

Hello all! Just an update, poor Ming has had a very traumatic day! Her house finally sold after being on the market since February 2022! It has been hard on her with people in and out. Closed this morning, movers were here and house is cleared out (Ming did not like that, not one little bit!). Now to move on, back home where I was before becoming mom's caregiver. Close to kids and grands. Close there on Monday, new carpet going in, other updates in line, my belongings to be delivered next Wednesday.
(6)

One of my favorite things that my cat loved doing was to curl up inside of an open paper grocery bag. She looked so cute peeking out from inside.

I kept one bag for her when I went to the store. I would lay it sideways and sure enough, she would hide out in there. It was her personal hideaway tent!
(3)

Way,

My dog would occasionally slide across my kitchen floor after I mopped too.
(1)

I washed the kitchen floor today . Usually my cat stays away . She doesn’t like mops or vacuums. Today she came trotting into the kitchen and slid on the wet floor and then gave me the funniest look . It was hysterical. She made my day !!! 😂😂🤣
(5)

Pammzimert,
Saw on another thread that Merlin-cat has passed over the rainbow bridge.
So very sorry for your loss.
Wanted the other pet and cat lovers to hear the sad news.
(2)

rocky - her undercoat is soo thick. If I miss brushing her for a couple of days she starts to get matts in the ruff around her neck. Fortunately she loves a good brushing. It's part of our morning routine!

way - I get that- Sometimes they just want to know that you will...

lu - so happy trouble is out of trouble and no more pain for her.
(5)

Thank you for all your support and caring about Trouble.

Trouble was supposed to get two teeth pulled but she had to have five taken instead,so she was sore for a few days but now,a week later,she's back to herself.
Trouble's out of trouble now.
I'm so glad~
(10)

Daisy was meowing. I heard it briefly and must have fallen back to sleep . When I got up DH told me “ your cat wanted cookies (treats) at 6am , so I put some on her mat and she just walked away “. 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes she leads us to the pantry door for cookies , she just wants them on her mat …….for later .
(5)

It’sMe,

You’re so very welcome. It is a pleasure to chat with you. I very much appreciate your prayers!
(2)

Maybe grief lasts as long as love lasts.
(3)

Gershun,

I had to take breaks between pets too. It is so hard to lose them.
(4)

Thx guys. I enjoy hearing your cat stories. Even the sad ones.

It is hard with pets cause we know most of the time we'll outlive them. After Hen is gone I think I'll take a break from pets for at least a year, maybe longer. To be honest, I'm still grieving Henrick's brother who died almost two years ago. I don't deal with loss easily.
(8)

Gershun - Their last days with us are hard and all you can do is what you are doing - making his life as good as you can. (((((hugs)))) I remember when Matt, my springer was declining and I knew he wouldn't last long that summer. He was weak and couldn't climb the stairs any more so I lay on the sofa each night with his bed beside it and stroked and comforted him till he fell asleep.

newbie - That's a lot of loss. (((((hugs)))) to you too. Glad you have your orange kitty now. My kitty, though small, has Maine Coon genes too. She follows me around the house and chirps and trills and "talks" to me. They are such lovely companions!
(2)

Gershun, I hope your kitty's last days/weeks with you are peaceful. We had a kitty with kidney failure, and it was at the point where we were giving him subcutaneous fluid treatments at home. He was 17, had a good long life, but was suffering at the end. I was about to take him to the vet to have him put down, but he decided to leave us just as I put him into his carrying case for the trip. His brother had died at home the year before. Then about a year after the 17 year old kitty died, my husband was the next to go--he had Parkinson's but passed away from a sudden severe stroke. About two months later, my daughter and grand-daughters persuaded me to check the local shelter for a new kitty, and I came home with an eight year old very large, dark orange, long-haired guy, Maine coon type (pic of him is my avatar). He's very loving, follows me around the house like a dog, just the companion I need as I adjust to my husband's passing and the lonely house.
(5)

Gershun, prayers for your little Henrick to not suffer and be as happy as he can be for the time remaining.

The hardest thing about having pets is they just don't live long enough. However, I wouldn't trade one moment with any of them to stop the pain of losing them.

May you have peace and comfort during this time.
(4)

You’re welcome. Gershun. You have posted about your sweet kitty for a long time. We all know how much you love him and how he loves you!
(3)

Thx Need.
(1)

Gershun,

He loves you! You have been a wonderful and loving mom to him.
(3)

I cried a river the other day about Henrick. I had to get it out of my system before he came home cause he senses when I'm upset and I don't want to do anything that will cause him stress right now.

I've made peace with the fact that he won't be here very much longer. I'll love him as much as I can in the meantime. He slept on my lap for a while tonight and was having kitty nightmares I think. He woke up with a start and when he realized he was back home I could see the relief on his little face. Poor little guy.

Thx for all the prayers guys!
(6)

It’sMe,

I cried like a baby every time I lost one of mine too. We can’t help it because they truly are part of our family.
(1)

It’sMe,

So very sorry about the loss of your beloved fur baby. It’s devastating.

Our pets bring us so much joy. All they want is to be loved. Some of our animals are nicer than the humans that we know! 😊
(1)

gershun - glad Hendrick is feeling better after the treatment. Prayers for sure.
(4)

Gershun,

My last cat lived to be 16. My brother had a cat that lived to be over 20 years old. He was solid black. Mine was striped.

I have had many cats since childhood, all colors but I have never had a solid white or solid black cat. My neighbor had a beautiful white Persian cat.

Will pray for your kitty. He sounds so sweet.
(3)

So an update on Henrick. We brought him back home today after his two day IV therapy. His bloodwork has improved. I do realize that his disease is progressive and this is not a cure but it will give us a bit more time with him I hope. We'll be increasing subcutaneous therapy to twice a week instead of one. Feeding him kidney care food. They sent us home with some new one to try that he ate while he was there and so far he seems to like it. Plus we are giving him an appetite stimulant. Not much more we can do except pray.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. Please continue to pray.
(9)

lu -how's trouble doing with her dental sugery?

gershun - having Hendrick cared for at the vet's for his treatment must be somewhat of a relief for you. I understand that. It's hard as they age and get ill.
(1)

Gershun and Lu, so sorry for your pet troubles! Good health to them both.
(2)

Yes, he's the one in the middle of the photo. My dear sweet Henrick. The other cat on top is Daniel. It will be two years in August since we lost him.

We dropped Henrick off at the vet this morning. To be honest it's nice to know he's in good hands and someone else is taking care of him for a bit. Gives me a break. Kind of like respite care for humans I guess.

Thx for your comments it's me.
(4)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter