Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I did some elder cat caregiving today, or at least I tried. I have a 20yo, very healthy in general, tabby cat. Some may remember that I adopted him and his bonded cat buddy (12yo female tortie) a couple years ago.

So he's a dirty kitty. He can't seem to, or doesn't want to, keep himself clean. His fur gets oily and matted if I don't brush him, and lots of dandruff and dander and all that.

I wasn't able to get him a bath this year due to covid restrictions but kept trying and finally got appointment and took him back to PetSmart today, where they've bathed him before.

They wouldn't do it today! I took him in, waited 35 minutes past appointment time before he was even seen, and then they decided they wouldn't do the bath because of his age.

I was so looking forward to having a clean kitty, but I accept their decision. Now I'm searching for another groomer. I asked the vet and got a referral to someone who does housecall grooming for 4x the price, but that's ok since it's such a necessary thing for him and it's only once a year.

I can't wait to have a clean cat. :-) He hates the baths but he will be more comfortable when it's done, not scratching himself as much.

You know the character Pigpen from Charlie Brown comics, how he always has dirt and fleas coming off of him..? Kind of like my cat, who has bits of hair and floof dangling off him as he walks around the house, despite my weekly brushings.

I tried dry shampoo, didn't seem to help, made it worse actually. And I can't imagine how much he'd hate me and seek revenge if I tried to bathe him in the tub myself.

Dirty, DIRTY kitty... he's a character. He did ok with the car ride today, I was surprised. Last year he yowled non stop from start to finish.
(4)

Send, I agree with Tweety. Let’s get 2020 behind us.
(1)

👌 🎄

👍
(1)

Send,

Tweety sounds pretty smart! We all want that. Give Tweety a thumbs up 👍 from me!
(1)

Tweety wants to rush the Christmas season and get 2020 over with.
(5)

Thank you Gershun. 💞
(1)

(((Send))) I'm sure they are together now.🐈🌹
(3)

We don't have a lot of picture frames on our walls.
I am taking down a picture of my loved one who died,
and his cat, that died just 40 days later. I will not forget them.

It may seem heartless to some, but I am putting up pictures of people who are alive today, and who do not bring up any more sad memories. It will remind me to pray for my grandchildren daily.

There has already been too much sadness in the year 2020.

My personal losses were recent, and I am sad today.
(4)

Hello to everyone and your pets!

Tweety has been getting on my finger more, so he can be lifted up higher to see his bird videos up close. Then he walked up my hand, arm, to my shoulder. This happens only once in awhile.
So cute!

Youtube has been acting up, and no longer works on the T.V. Roku.
So I have to share my chromebook with Tweety more. He is becoming addicted! And demanding a bit.....squawks if I don't get his video right away. 🐦
(6)

It's okay Henrick! 😻
You've got Gershun, and so many are praying for a good outcome!
(3)

Thank you Lu!
(2)

I'm so sorry to hear about Henrick's toe and ofcourse I'll pray for him.and that his surgery goes well.
I know how much you love him,just like I love mine too and it hurts us when they hurt.
I'll sure be thinking of you on Friday,Take good care in the meantime Gershun~
(4)

My kitty is getting surgery on Friday to have his toe removed because of a tumor on it. Please keep him in your prayers. His name is Henrick.

I know this is supposed to be a fun thread but prayers are always welcome.
(8)

My feral cats are "hoes" we have kittens out the end! I can't begin to catch them all.. but we are sure trying!
(4)

Dogs and cats can be very loyal to their owners.
(2)

Good grief, ktrid, this is not English class!😀

Just realized I have never heard this cat hiss.🙀
(4)

The dog says: 🐶
"What is with all these humans wearing muzzles?"
Did they bite someone?
(8)

@Country Mouse: your comment was written by someone else -- the dog "favorite thing"/cat "world domination" story can easily be found on the internet, but was not written by you, and therefore should be in quotations. Otherwise, it is considered plagiarism.
(0)

Parakeet Tweety came here to live two years ago in July. Last night, I padded his cage surrounding it with quilts (but it still had ventilation) and turned on some soft music next to his cage. He went to bed early, and did not seem scared. The fireworks sounded like a war, just outside.

Remembering, Ratatouille, the squirrel I fed for a season, then the cat came and the squirrel moved away. Then the cat was moved to it's forever home. It was then, after having made that sacrifice, that Tweety showed up outside on my block wall, then moving in. Truly God-sent, all the pets I need. 🐿🐈🐦
(2)

Well hubs and I have one indoor outdoor cat, and several ferals we feed and house in the garage ,, This year we have 6 new kittens! My friend runs a cat rescue, and her vet ( and others ) are not doing feral neuters at this time. I can't wait until they do.. I am "kittened out" I want to get them all fixed
(3)

Yes Shell I hear you on that. Daniel talks to me and I say "I know, I know it's tough being a cat" Then he meows and I say "I agree......really I do" LOL
(6)

Gershun,

I had a cat name Socks and she loved to talk. She would come up to me and meow and I would say, "Really, you don't say!" She would start meowing more and I would tell her "Well, tell mommy all about it." And she would! My family and friends would laugh because it was like we were having a conversation. I have no idea what she was talking about the whole 16 yrs of her little life! God, I miss her...she was funny and a wonder in my life!!

I imagine Daniel and you doing the same thing! 🐈💭💗
(4)

My cat Daniel is very talkative. He has a whole repatroir of sounds he makes. We are sure we are having a conversation even though neither of us have a clue what the other is saying. 😸😼😽🙀😿😾💬
(6)

Freqflyer,

I dated a guy who had a cat that when the cat meow it sound like he was saying no. You could ask the cat any question and he would say no. It was very funny!
(3)

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who are pawrents to their dogs and cats!
(6)

My cat Jesse catcalls for our other cat, but what he says sounds like he is saying HELLO over and over again. It can be funny except when he does it at 3 in the morning :P

Oh, the best cat fun is the long sheet of brown kraft paper that comes in the Chewy box. You can roll on it, hide in it, and jump on it. It can be noisy but what fun they have with that paper :)
(8)

My daughter has a little poodle that is so happy that she is home spending more time with him. He doesn’t know he’s a dog! Hahaha. He thinks he’s human.
(4)

There's a great video on You Tube called "Pluto's Perspective on the Coronavirus"
where a Schnauzer offers his advice from a 4 legged to all us 2 legged's.
I got a kick out of it and maybe you would too~
(6)

Tweety woke up early flitting around and holding on to the side of his cage. There were quite a few earthquakes early this morning, small, about 2.0 average in Hawaii. Not sure if that was what scared him. 🐦
(6)

It's been quite an adjustment without Bootsie here.The "kittens" aren't scared anymore though,so that's good.
The"kittens"will be 3 years old Feb.20th and they still act just like they did at 6 weeks old..They do everything together,including getting into trouble too,but they are the light of my life and keep me going and I know they were Heaven sent to bring back my laughter and smile again after I lost Mom.
3 "kittens" and my 1 little dog are plenty along with my outside cats and the birds.
Still,I will always wonder what happened to my Bootsie and I sure miss her.
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter