Follow
Read More
3 4 5 6 7
If any of you cat lovers enjoy reading you might want to check out the Joe Grey Mystery Series by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. Light, fun... great escapism literature.
(2)

Thanks cwillie...I'll check those books out.
My little all black kitty was sure misbehaving some time in the night because when I went in this morning,there it was asleep on one of Mother's beautiful dresses it had pulled down somehow.Hand painted velvet was this kittie's choice of all dresses,maybe because it has sparkles.They love those hanging dresses....One of their favorite games is to jump to one and swing and then drop to the floor and do it again, kinda like monkey's swinging on a chandileer.They are something else!!!...And now in about an hour I take them all to the vet for their 8 week booster shots...I sure hope they behave there and back~
(4)

Eight weeks already Lu. Five kittens plus Bootsie. You have got your hands full. You can do this....
Love from Send.
(3)

Thank you Send...I can't believe my time with all 5 precious babies is almost over.They have brought me so many smiles and so much joy.Financially,I should only keep 2.I will have to get homes for the other 3 and I will but it is breaking my heart because I have become so attached and I Love all of them and it just feels like more loss on top of loss.I have to face it though because I really can't afford the Vet care.
(2)

Oh my, 5 kittens being trekked to the vet! That would be like taking 5 children under the age of 6 to the dr. I imagine one popping up getting out of the cage another running in opposite direction. Lol!!
(3)

'LuLu","Toots","Trouble""Lovee" and "Moe" did really good at the vet and seemed to like the "banana" medicine they got.What was sad was Bootsie.I had her in one carrier and the 5 kittens in another and she kept reaching her arm out to them,wanting them.When we got home I thought they'd crash but they were ready to play.
(4)

meow meow. sweet sweet kittens Luckylu. This time has gone quickly, yes?
How are Precious-dog and Odem-cat getting along with the kittens?
If you are keeping them, will you be introducing them soon? There is more hard work for you, and I am sure you can handle it, but that wil be stressful for the Mama-Cat, Bootsie. I don't know how you do it.

Maybe someone knows how to make the introductions, or looking it up online may help.
(2)

Luckylu, Now, those little kittens are 9 weeks!
They were brought up to have fun. Hope their new home is great!

I know you will miss them, and their mother too.
(2)

Luckylu, You have been a great foster mom to Bootsies kittens. Two have gone to their forever homes. Congratulations, you were so brave.
(2)

Thank you Send....Yes,I had to be brave.There was no other choice.LuLu and Moe left to go live on a farm together last Friday and Bootsie and I have been sad since,missing them but thankfully,we still have Lovee and Toots and Trouble for now.
(2)

Bootsie had a bad day yesterday but she wasn't behaving badly...My dH and a possum were.My dH opened the back door and saw the Father cat Dewey in the middle of a fight with a possum in the middle of the day and he opened the door to break up the fight and Bootsie ran outside and got right in the middle of the fight and my dH kicked the cats to break up the fight and I yelled at Bootsie to go inside and She did...Thankfully,but I was SO worried that she'd been bitten and gotten rabies and then I was afraid Bootsie got pregnant again but my dH said they didn't have time.I checked and checked her for a bite and I think we lucked out this time but my dH is in the doghouse with me.Iv'e warned him so many times to watch out for Bootsie.
(1)

Oh no Luckylu!! Can you get a trap cage to catch the possum or are you in a rural area where it wouldn't make much difference to trap it?

Tiger is stocking a gopher hole in the backyard. He lays by the hole for hours until it gets too hot, then he seeks shade under myclimbing roses. One year he caught 13 gophers in our neighborhood. Now he is only allowed in our backyard supervised.
(1)

Wow SharynMarie...13 gophers!!! That's ALOT!!!
We live right in the middle of town,not a rural area and a bunch of possum babies are in our garage and 1 big one we know of.We just have 1 trap set but no luck yet.It's probably too small.Animal Control lends them out but don't have any in at this time.We'll have to buy a new bigger one I guess.I just wish they'd leave.I sure quit setting out food for my stray cats at night.It was terrible timing for this to happen with Bootsie loosing 2 of her babies too.I'm just so thankful,because it sure could have been a lot worse.
(3)

Lol!! He is the avid gopher hunter indeed and you know how cats love to bring their prey home to show you!! We keep the doggie door locked now, lol!!!
(1)

Oh and yes, I am happy Bootsie did not get hurt or bitten. Cats are very protective when they have babies. I had a Siamese with kittens years ago, she took off after the neighbors lab, she jumped on this dogs back, pulling fur out in clawfuls as the dog yelped running back across the street to his house. The kittens were in the house but mama cat was taking no chances.
(3)

SharynMarie....I'll bet those Siamese kittens were beyond darling.My Little Tuxedo's are the Cat's Meow...So cute!I can't believe how fast they've grown.
Now,if we can just keep Bootsie inside until she gets spayed on May 17th.No more litters here for us~
(2)

I love tuxedo cats!!!
(2)

One of the Tuxedo kittens is perfectly marked with a softer coat than all the others,one is mostly white with 2 big black dots on her head,one is speckled all over including it's face and legs,one is different from all the others with it's eyes and coat and it's twice as fat and big as all the others and then there's the All black one that I know was especially Heaven sent to me because it looks like my little Savvy Sue I lost last summer that was my favorite cat ever.They're all beautiful with their different markings and personalities and they've brought me so much joy.
(4)

Awe Luckylu. they sound adorable!!! I so love cats amd never see myself without having at least one. I had the most loving affectionate black cat with long hair. He was a big male weighing in at 17-18 lbs in his hay day. He just loved everyone in our family. Our dd would dress him in baby clothes, he was so gentle. I loved that cat with all my being, he was just so special. I think he was part Maine Coons based on personality traits. We had to put him down due to kidney failure when he was 18 years. Broke my heart.
(4)

SharynMarie,I'm so sorry you lost your wonderful black cat too.I just hate it that our animals don't live longer.I hope animals go to Heaven and I get to see and be with all mine again.I have 2 big cats now and 3 kittens and 1 dog.That's all I can afford to feed and handle besides the birds.Do you feed the birds?
(2)

I don't have birds, one cat and one dog. Hubs would not tolerate more, lol!! The dog does not care for hubs, just something about him. She loved the real estate agent that came out to our house today. He told her , no mouth licking, we aren't THAT close yet, lol!!!
(2)

Thank you for the Celebration Birthday cake on your avatar Send. Today they are 12 weeks old.
We miss LuLu and Moe though and Bootsie doesn't want the 3 left out of her sight.She has been the best MaMa.
I'm so thankful that all the kittens have been healthy and they sure are active trying to get into things and places they shouldn't.Swinging on Mother's hanging dresses is still their favorite game.I feel so blessed to have them.Anyway....Thanks!
(2)

Happy Mothers Day to cat moms everywhere!
(5)

My little kittens acted bad in the night last night and pressed the button on our surge protector and when I tried to use the phone and the computer,neither one was working this morning and it took me awhile but I figured out what the little burgers had done.
(4)

I have a water pillow and I think one of my furry friends may have punctured it with their claw cause I woke up wet in the middle of the night. My faithful old water pillow may have to go down for the dirt nap. Sigh...........
(3)

Meeewooooow!
Hubs came with a homemade cooling pillow that looked as if it was 30 years old. It was not just yellowing, the edges looked as if someone peed on it years ago, or at least sweated in the heat for years.
It was my pleasure to cut it up, recommend discarding it-"look honey, it is leaking now....." Lol.
(4)

Everyone put those scissors away now, don't try this at home. And for heaven's sake, don't go anywhere near the bed with scissors. Muwahahaha!

It's almost midnight, so I am turning in my brat card and going to bed soon.
(3)

I'm turning in now too. Going to sleep on my non-water pillow tonight.
Grrrr.............kitties in the dog house. Good Night Brats!
(3)

I had a water pillow manny years ago. I love it!! Bought it at the chiropractor office. It lasted a long time (10-12 years). It would have lasted longer if hubs hadn't folded it in half regularly ( he folded it to sleep on when he worked graveyard back in the day).

My cat is not misbehaving but the dog is!! As soon as I sit down on the couch whether after work or when I first wake up, she starts barking at me thinking oh boy!!!, it's play time, oh boy oh boy, bark, bark bring me her favorite toy to play fetch!! This dog momma has been too tired the last few days to want to play, lol!!
(3)

In the natural progression of things...

C A R E G I V E R S   D O G S   B E H A V I N G  B A D L Y
(3)

3 4 5 6 7
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter