Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hah! I love Queen.

I think "Don't Stop Me Now ('cause I'm having a good time)" is appropriate for the day I move on from caregiving life...

Lol...

And hopefully that isn't due to my father's death but just me moving out and someone else stepping in!!

(Just wanted to clarify for those lurkers who might think we're literally bad caregivers around here lololol!)
(1)

I want them to play "Who Wants to Live Forever", but they'll probably want to do "Killer Queen" instead.
(2)

When I die I think I might just try the patience of everyone by dictating in advance my wishes. I think I will demand that I am dressed like a harlequin and have my ashes put in a starship enterprise urn. I will demand they play Queens Another one bites the dust at the crematorium and that my wake will consist of a cake fight using trifle (always hated trifle and could never find a better use for it).

Can you imagine how annoyed people would be?
(7)

(Oh, this thread is so good. Thanks for the laughs this morning! And who doesn't wear black undies sometimes??? Is this a generational thing? If I wear a black top, I'm not going to be wearing a white bra with it, duh! And black undies do help during a certain time of the month. And no one gives moldy bread or extra hot sauce to our charges, but thank goodness to be able to make jokes!)
(1)

So my brat moment happened yesterday. FIL was having his weekend visit and he let it spill that my MIL didnt get up and walk to the cubbard and get her own cookies (part of my way of getting her to stand up and walk more). We were all laughing about it and having a good time when I piped in and said "Get up and get your own d@mn cookies! " Everyone laughed again and thought I was joking, but I wasn't. Good Lord it felt good to say it out loud!
(6)

FIL and MIL invited my husband and me to get together next weekend at a gun show for some family time. FIL, MIL and hubs all enjoy that. I tolerate guns and shooting as something that hubs really enjoys (my close friend killed in gun accident in high school) but I have to minimize my triggers (pun intended). I told hubs that I would be working but to have fun. His FIL said that it was a shame because now MIL wasn't coming and her feelings were hurt. I told hubs that it would have been better to tell them that I didn't trust myself around firearms and the in-laws. Oops.
(6)

Be careful what you say about boobs hanging down to the knees. So far mine have only got to my waist and I have not worn a bra for a year now. Too uncomfortable with the shingles pain and feeding tube. No one seems to notice!!!!!!
It comes in handy when it's time for a chest X-ray as they don't make me undress.
(4)

KellieJ....I'm sorry you misunderstood my post.I said I gave my husband moldy bread.I would have Never given my Mother moldy bread!
(5)

OK, exactly how sexy can black granny panties be? Also the massive black bra that needs to haul up the hanging boobs from the knees back up to the chest? Personally, I want to be a foul mouthed old crone that makes inappropriate comments at the grocery store, at church, etc. No filter.

we have one lady with demetia in our church - she comes all dressed up with her daughter - looks lovely. One day my husband must have been looking at her because she said very loudly "what the F--* are you looking at?" I cried trying to hold the laughter in, and of course my 8 year old absolutely loved it. My husband looked pretty startled and didn't know what to say. It is one of those stories that will be told for years to come.

Our church started a "dementia friendly" program that I have been involved in - to both welcome dementia members so they aren't so isolated, educate church members, try to align members to volunteer so caregivers can get breaks, organize rides, bring in communion, make meals, deliver groceries - you get the gist. I told them about this lady and the priest chuckled and said - "all are welcome, we are all God's children" and we all enjoyed the story.
(6)

I can't get Mom to eat as much as she should of the things she should eat. But, I have found that if she thinks there is sugar in a dish, she will knock everyone down to get at it (she is diabetic) . So, sometimes I will "warn her" not to eat too much of something because of the sugar just so that she will eat it. Or I casually remark to my husband, within earshot of Mom, "gosh, we put too much sugar in this."
(4)

Hm. Well. I shall put that in the category of Things It Is Nice Not To Know, PD; and continue to be blissfully ignorant of it.
(1)

Yes.... well I do know that saying and it brings on a rage like you cant imagine CM. The allegation is that if a woman wears black underwear she wants sex.

I cant express strongly enough how ignorant I find this statement to be and I strongly object to lingerie being described as sexy.

It is supposed to be flattering to your figure, comfortable and if desired, pretty, preferably large enough to cover the desired area and not visible through your clothes (in terms of lines etc) or colour if you are dim enough to wear polka dot underwear under a thin summer skirt.

That men could be stupid enough to think that the black lingerie you wore under your black dress is worn because you want sex rather than you DONT want to have white lingerie shining through the dress under ultra violet light, is a bit insulting to men - they aren't that dim....or at least most I have known aren't but you always get one!

The notion that black underwear is sexy is one I have disavowed men of before by saying this. Oh I have heard that before so I asked mum why she always wore black underwear and she said it hid the skid marks!!!!!
(2)

Yes, on eBay. As long as you close your mind to where it might have been :/

I remember a tradesman looking at my laundry line and saying "whoar! You know what they say about women who wear black underwear, hur hur hur..."

I genuinely had and have No Idea what "they" say about women who wear black underwear. So that nipped that conversation in the bud.
(3)

I don't have a black bra - can I buy one for 88 cents?
(1)

Thankless
I played hooky today too - I just couldn't get out my nightie today - haven't missed a Sunday since April - maybe your 93 year old Swedish mom and my 93 year old Norwegian mom could become pen pals - uff da -

I did manage to haul myself to a drive thru for dinner - I must have looked pretty bad as I was given a senior discount - should I be offended since I'm only 55?
But hey now I have an extra 88 cents to spend - yippee
(3)

Every day feels like halloween in my house. Trick is getting Mum to eat dinner - treat is when she actually does! And I change faces every two minutes if she is on one!!!! xxx
(2)

I was going to lay out a picnic table but then thought ah! perhaps not - if she got fixated on that gawd know where that one would end
(3)

Something to match those beautiful red shower stall walls, Phoenix.
Did anyone see that posted in her avatar? Now that is a bathroom to live in. It might be called something else in the UK? The dining room?
(3)

Life is too serious to be taken seriously.

Are you sure there aren't any other colors to wear while showering? How about a nice plaid, or a miss kitty print.
(2)

@KellieJ,
You are new here? Don't know what country you are from, but here in America, since Obamacare, no one can afford to buy penicillin anymore, so we make our own from moldy bread. ( Lol/disclaimer)

Posted on first day, (disclaimer:)
Sendme2help
7 days ago
Really, not risking anyone's health here at all, I am going to make some late night tacos and spill extra cayenne on a few.
Truth:
My husband would love more cayenne, and we use it to treat pain.

I apologize that the brats and I have offended you, or that you took anything on the brat thread seriously or tediosly. Don't worry, you will be an honorary brat, and welcome anytime we get so out of control as to need to be reminded of how serious caregiving another person can be. You can be the brat patrol!

{{{{Hugs}}}} You may need a lot of hugs.
(5)

Phoenix, What religion goes carolling on halloween? Inquiring brats want to know.
(2)

KellieJ this site is all tongue in cheek. Not to be taken too seriously. We all love or loved our Mom's and Dad's. :)
(2)

Sunday is our day for visiting Mom in the memory care facility. We've been pretty faithful since her move there in Oct. 2015, missing only about 4 times. Today we played hookie. Last week I worked 6 days and just about collapsed ('cause I'm just about 60 and am too darn old to be doing that kinda' stuff!) So, we figured we'd just "vege" and have a peaceful day.
No "I just want to die." drama (10 times per hour). No "I hate that male nurse and he hates me." (10 times per hour) and No "What have you done with all my money? I see you're having a good time spending it on new clothes.", with my continuous explanation that I bought my clothes from the Goodwill thrift store 2 years ago, falling on deaf ears.
Nope, none of that today. We're bad, bad caregivers but I feel GREAT! hee, hee, hee! Back to reality next Sunday.
(4)

Serving moldy bread, extra hot sauce on food, etc. isn't acceptable to me. Don't care how burned out or overwhelmed you may be. Five years being a caregiver for my 90 yr. old mom. Take a break, set boundaries, but don't be cruel.
(1)

I'll probably be in pink panties and a black bra like Mom~
(3)

Granny panties and support hose, more than likely.
(4)

Pink panties and black bra... I wonder what we will be like at that stage. Mousecateer ears and Happy Trails chaps maybe.
(3)

Y'all are hilarious! I've enjoyed this column so much today! I hope you keep it going! :-D
(2)

Send wait a few months take dH to family start carolling and when they open the door run like h3ll
(4)

Sendme2help
You missed your calling - you should be paid to write a Dear Abby column
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter