Follow

Ever just want to tear your hair out, or someone else's? If you cannot restore a sense of balance, you will run away from home? Just want to say some things without the constraints of staying on topic? Well, this thread is for you! If you just need a short break to let it all hang out, be a brat, then come on, you can do it. No holding back! Go for it, you can do it.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Looking for a brat buddy to wreck havoc on here tonight!

Maybe trading in our entire sibling family for one faithful cyber friend will help?
(22)

Have you heard of "Bad Moms", the movie just out July 29, 2016? I haven't seen it, but the concept may help Caregivers. Just one time, just one day, should we serve the tea cold with too much lemon....on purpose? Let others wonder if we've lost it, instead of worrying if the care receiver is okay, faking, or just really, really mean?
Be a bad caregiver brat. Go ahead, give us what you've got!

P.S. I want to be bad, but I am going to need some help.
(15)

Lol I just typed something and clicked post and my connection was interrupted.
Someone out there is messing with me.

I'll be a brat with you send but we need to recruit other brats.
(6)

Calling all brats. Stop what you are doing immediately! Join the new brat revolution!
(9)

First thing tomorrow morning, I am going to leave the toilet seat up, and the toilet unflushed. I am old enough to just say: "I forgot".
(18)

Welcome to the brat thread, Gershun!

You are right, we will need more brat buddies .
What, do you think they will be needing a written invitation?
(4)

I'm going to drink milk right out of the carton and leave the carton on the counter and the fridge wide open.
(15)

I'm going to put Hubby's dirty underwear on top of his pillow.
(22)

Yes it could get ridiculous just you and I Send. Maybe tomorrow when everyone isn't already in bed. LOL
(4)

What have you done now!! The cat is blue, it has it's own popcorn? Are you going to be watching a movie+
(4)

No kitty is just taking a break from patrolling the neighbourhood. He's feeling a little blue so I made him some pop corn.
(4)

A Pastor with a sense of humor. I like that!
(5)

My sense of humor is what sustains me in hard times.
(4)

Behaving badly is understandable, but noncompliance with AC terms of service is frowned upon. (Don't use names, I.d., locations.)
(8)

All brats...........good natured behaving badly stories please. No names, no addresses.
(6)

Really, not risking anyone's health here at all, I am going to make some late night tacos and spill extra cayenne on a few.
(4)

The caregivers here are not healthcare organizations, but real people, family members. Many of whom want to tear their hair out due to the rude language
and hostility from the care recipient. Venting that here can help a caregiver self-regulate any temptations to act on the fantasy to behave in an unacceptable manner. imo.
Caregivers acting badly are welcome, trolls are not welcome.
(12)

...with a plate of what?!!! Arghh - the suspense is killing me!!! And btw anonymous, - and I guess this falls into behaving badly - I take my adult son into public women's restrooms all the time, always have. Rainman is 23 now and a very handsome young man but usually you only need to look at him a minute to see his is clearly mentally challenged. I do try to find "family" restrooms, which are much more common these days but not every public place has one. In all the years I've done this - only twice has anyone said anything to me. Once it was a store clerk who was washing her hands - when she asked me to take Rainman out I replied "okay, sure. Could you tell me then - where is the men's restroom and I'll go in with him there. Is that better? The open urinal thing might make some of the men in there uncomfortable but, whatever". The second time it was a woman who just stood there in the door of the stall next to where I was headed with Rainman. Hands on hips, face all angry she said "I can't believe..." I cut her off and said "oh come on! It's not like he's Superman - he can't see through the metal partition and watch you pee"!
(16)

I'm still up- wish I had seen this earlier - I love a good joke
(4)

Rainmom, Welcome here! Maybe it was a plate of tacos? Lol.

Ms. Madge, welcome! Are you going to be a brat too?
(2)

I'll probably start by being late for work tomorrow
(3)

I am going to start by quitting any kind of caregiving whatsoever, and then buy that book on the art of not giving a (four letter word), rhyming with duck. There really is a book.
(7)

I did refuse to smell the breath of my mother's dog when she shoved her dog in my face as I was bent over helping her with dressing telling me "Smell her breath". I did however take the dog to the vet.
(6)

Rainmom's post brought to mind all of the controversy about transgender people using the bathroom. I have to wonder what some men think goes on in the ladies room, I can't say I have ever seen someone in any degree undressed. Well, maybe back in my bar hopping days, but those women were just as dishevelled when they went back out into the bar ;)
(5)

I don't think I would make a very good rebel, I can't imagine anything that wouldn't target the wrong people or bounce back on me.
Leave the frig door open? That would have just left me shutting the door hours (days?) later, then cleaning up the spoiled food and the water on the floor.
Leave the toilet seat up? You can bet I'd be the one to accidentally sit in the toilet bowl!
Hmmm, leave the AC at a mom comfortable 85 degrees for the psw when I go out today? No, that would just be cruel. LOL
(5)

Last night I was filling in for a caregiver at my Dad's senior living facility.... on the way to the bathroom my Dad changed the thermostat to 80 degrees and flipped the dial to heat.... oh good grief.... but while he was in the bathroom I changed the thermostat to 78 degrees and put it back to A/C.

To me, that was being a rebel :P
(8)

Today, I am going to call up M e d I c a r e and thank them for their excellent service. Hoping to get through on a busy Monday.

Then, I will be needing another brat buddy to help pick me up off the floor after ROTFLOL.
(4)

cwillie, No worries, you may be badder than you think with that intelligent wit. Caregivers will already have a keen understanding of the consequences of any type of behavior, under the rule: "No good deed goes unpunished".

And thank you for that reminder of the bathroom controversy. I have always wanted to say, that I think the government should stay out of persons wooms and bathrooms.

Welcome to the brat thread, you will make a perfect addition.

Welcome Timbuktu and FreqFlyer!
(6)

Saturday I left Mom at home with my son watching her and went to a distillery tour and tasting. What was the bratty part? I invited Mom's weekday caregiver along and we had a girls day.... we agreed never to tell Mom.

Confession: I like her more than I like my mother. Much, much more.
(9)

Mom2Mom, Caregivers behaving badly welcomes you!
You are unique in finding a responsible way to act out (a synonym for taking care of your own needs for a change), not punishing your loved one but breaking free nonetheless! Hope you had a ton of fun!
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter