Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
California has resort spas that help you lose weight. When I went to the oaks at ojai, near Santa Barbara, my friend and Iskipped the exercise class and walked to get chocolate candy instead. But the massages were great.
(7)

Jessebelle, I already have to be careful where I step, or I may fall down.
But getting away to almost anywhere sounds like a trip to paradise.

Didn't we caregivers take a fantasy trip by RV last year to Vegas?
(1)

All of these gettaways sound good I am game for each and everyone. That would be cloud nine for a very long time. I saw a request for a brat story. Well this was not done intentionally in all true honesty. When I first moved back into my mothers house, because my landlord sold hers in order not to lose all, it was a very hostile environment.

She has always been one to say close the door just before you close it . I I say the sky was blue shed say red. At this time she was reveling in the fact that I had to come to her and actuallt plea for a place to live. So any chance she got there was an order to do something even if to wipe a drop of water off the table. I was often bombarded with a nasty tirade if the wind blew a door open about leaving her doors open. So much that I would explode in the mist of a tirade and then it would quite but was always walking on glass and I felt crazy. Welll anyways one evening I was going out and the backdoor was open. Id gotten so crazy from all this chaos that I thought I left it open. So I said to my self youd better close that door or you will never hear the end of it. So I did. When I came back she was like you locked me in back yard, my sister had to let her in when she came home. I was like here she go lying again! So I went and asked my sister and she nastily said yeah like who are you kidding. Of course between the two of them I had done it on purpose and of course I was condemned and punished. But in the mist of it all the Brat in me was tickeled to death. I would never have gone threw with a thought of locking anyone out. but she had made me so crazy I thought the I'd left the door open. So I was like hey is that Karma or what. Lol. I almost lmao But then I was sad at how crazy the ugliness had made me and how much confusion it brings when you constantly have to question self.
(6)

I'd prefer a chalet in Switzerland. Cozy by a real fire. Not those gas ones. With cognac and massages of course. I've had enough of the hot weather. She says as the sweat drips off of her nose. :P
(4)

Oh my Veronica91, I'm as old as dirt!! Lol
(2)

I think we all need to head to Costa Rica. I saw a report today on TV that people there are the happiest. What a great place -- no military and no wildlife hunting allowed. Sounds a bit like paradise. Except maybe those poisonous frogs and snakes. Have to watch where you put your hands and feet.
(1)

Lora Lee are you young enough for that?
(1)

How about a month in Belize at an ocean front spa!! Beauty and spa treatments day and night. No one to talk to but the birds and butterflies!! The only questions asked would be, "Would u like another drink & How about an extra half hour for ur massage today" Heaven!!!
(4)

Leaving the brats?!!!! Phoenix what do you mean? We need more brats.....not less!
(2)

River? Laughlin ? Gambling ?

I could use a trip to Vegas with a spa massage and a prime rib dinner - who's in?
(3)

Whoop whoop I am leaving the brats! Not by choice but because the doc said my brattish behaviour is OK!
We had a long discussion about Mum because she is quite poorly at the moment. Doesn't want to get out of bed, doesn't want to eat, doesn't want to live would I kill her etc etc....Does want me to do it all for her while she just lays there and doesn't help.

So I told the doc I had stopped offering food and was plying the drinks - she said fine
I told her I bed bathed her - don't do that she said you're not trained - I am loving this doc
Fecal impaction - I wills end out a nurse - your daughter is not to do this we will give you enemas - Bet mum drinks enough now!!!!
Getting me up to get mum onto commode at night....nope she has a diaper on and she must use it

Wow now if everyone took that view life would be a dream.

Cautiously optimistic here but lets see what tomorrow brings
(3)

Yes Pam must of missed my invitation in the mail. Ahem.............
(3)

Pammzi, Wasn't that bratty enough that you went and did not invite us?
You are a brat, a river brat! Welcome back.
(2)

That last genie I talked to gave me one wish, so I wished for more wishes, he said no, I don't get more, just one. So, next I wished for more genies.
Aren't we supposed to get 3 wishes? He's locked up in that bottle until I can consult the book of 'Genies for Dummies".
(4)

I'm back!! Spent 3 days at the river with hubs and mom getting some things repaired and relaxing., I'm sure I;ll have more brat stuff soon!
(3)

Where have all the brats gone? Come on!!!!

Did you hear the one about the man who found a genie in a bottle. He was granted three wishes. He only had one. "Dear genie please make my penis touch the ground" The genie said "Your wish is granted" Immediately the man's legs fell off.
(2)

This thread: Caregivers Behaving Badly is just that, the idea is to be,a brat on purpose.

So, friend, Luckylu....don't let me confuse you. It is the goal to be a brat. It is okay to have an innocent post deleted. Brat success!
(2)

Representative of what is on my mind today-a big blank.
(4)

Nothing much, Cwillie, just a big box:

lol.
(3)

Ooooo, now you've got me curious about what I missed!
(2)

So happy to have evolved and been elevated to brat level 10 today!!
Two of my posts (at least two) were deleted!
Where is my reward?
(4)

So last night at mom's memory care center im trying to just to sit quietly with her in the tv room and watch the olympics but a man came out of his room half naked and of course staff just ignores him - mom gets upset and wants him to leave - she's convinced he's a drunk and has VD and is going to rape her - but like a moth to a flame he sits right next to us so mom says if you come near me I'm going to tie your wienie in a knot - it's going to be awhile before I can erase that image from my mind 😂
(8)

:·)
(1)

(0)

(0)

Pheonix, you posted on another thread, that you can widen the message box by pulling out the corner "indicator", duh! Thank you, as it does make editing So Much Easier, when you can see more than 3 lines of what you've written! ☺ Whoot Whoot!
(1)

Pheonix, I can think of another reason why womens knees hurt when they are older! 😈😉😆
(1)

Send, I would do that, but now we are all about the downsizing and decluttering. But if you would like to have a go at it, I'll happily set it our by the street for easy pickup! It actually is a very pretty piece, well made and sturdy, and I'll bet it could be easily made into a bar or small sideboard. I just Love those HDTV shows, where they repurpose things! If I had my way, my whole house would be repurposed stuff because I like unique things, but my life partner likes new, and I no longer have the energy to argue about it! We argue enough already! I try not to sweat the small stuff! Great idea though! 😉
(1)

There is a broken up piece just like that sitting by the trash dumpsters right now.
Take the doors off, with an eye to remodeling those units-the new decorating rave, doorless cabinets, doorless kitchen cabinets-just please, please keep the bathroom doors, and keep them closed!
(2)

Oh, all those beautiful TV units from the 80's, what to do with them now that everyone has flat screens? The 2nd hand store I was in recently had a whole collection of then priced at a discount...$25.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter