Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
No one is actually going to click, are they?
(You can click 'Like this' instead.)
(4)

Ya'll crack me up! It's such a nice break from caring full-time for my Ma. Thanks, and keep it coming!!!
(2)

My BnY Macaw ,whom had run of house when i had the birds used to tell one of my Eclectus in his cage when making supperif Electus was being in appropriate name calling not bad like wooseey.Macaw came up wit clam it you' be chCHICKEMN, Mmmmm good.
Now,Morgan, I changed His name upped His rank to captain.one had to listen but under His breat he proved a sailor.We bought him at auction he proved to be a beter bird than first one we bid on. He came withthe in swear warning. dont know why he hd bite warning. He tried spoofing but.Just wanted love.Ran in to lady hand raised him. there. he took sec she said special sound he recognized recognized her. When my husban was dying LCa he was so good with my husband. We were eating cherry cheeze cake. Morga kept asking if good.Told him not For birds. Morgan had to walk over the carpet to ussomething he rarely would do .like almost never. We all sat on trundle bed couch my husband Morgan And tucked in to her trample hole in my husbands pillow, Ruby my Grand Electus, eating Baked New York Triple High Cherry Cheese cake. Morgan licking with His tongue throughly enjoying cheesecake mmmmm...mmmmm.good .Asking For grape leaning red grape called cher
You not only crazy house.ry. Nuther cherry please,....
(0)

Mom to mom i have been were ur at only it my father dont mater what i cook an i can cook spent yrs in find places under great cheifs but ended upp a trucker better money dad knows the differance of oduls ya the parrott says damn cat an on occagin the fu but most the time he is well behaved he eat chicken an ham ya he is a canibal his vet just has a fit i feed him meat but when he smalls it he keeps saying good good so what cann i do ya my house is off the hook but. That life of a care giver
(2)

CD
You have a parrot that can curse? My kind of pet!

Btw if dad can't drink alcohol maybe put o'douls in the icebox - just say'n
(1)

Well came in the room dad was drinking aa beer an the parrott was cusing the cat i think my world is coming un done
(1)

H. A. L. T.
Assess your snap potential early on by asking yourself:
Are you too hungry?
Are you too angry?
Are you too lonely?
Are you too tired?
The acronym HALT is used as a coping tool in many recovery programs. It is used to remind that at these times, a relapse in recovery is more likely.

My condolences Mom2Mom that you are frequently being pushed beyond your limit. Your kitchen actually sounds fun to me, as you are handing out bubblegum/
chicken pieces, children gathered around in chaos-That could have happened only once to me, and we would be bringing home chicken delight forevermore!
(2)

I finally snapped last night and told Mom that she was being an ungrateful little... sucked in my breath before the last word came out.

DS and I had come home from football practice and everyone was hungry and on edge. The kids started bickering just to bicker and I had just shut that down. Then Mom starts in on DS and how he is bad etc. I told her to leave the kids alone and stop poking them - she tries to instigate.

Well, I was rushing to put dinner on the table and was at the stove with my back turned and I herd Mom tell DS "its bubble gum". I instinctively knew she was talking about the nickel sized piece of chicken I had given her and saying it was chewy. That's when I lost it.

I am so tired of going out of my way to cook delicious, nutritious meals only to have her criticize. I have tried to make at least one thing that she likes but screw it. I don't care anymore.

She is ungrateful and selfish and I am tired of it.
(1)

Thankless
Maybe we should adopt Send's message and not feed the 93 year old Scandinavian trolls - a thousand Swedes ran through the weeds chased by one Norwegian

I'm all too familiar with the stop walking to talk and then get mad because she can't hear syndrome - I think it's definitely a Scandinavian trait - as is the hearing loss

We've coined a new phrase for her - don't poke the Viking - anyone dares to touch her walker she screams and threatens to call the police - what other 93 year old woman would take on a 67 year old man without fear - God almighty
(2)

Veronica,
How much space do you have behind your garage?
You could put a shed behind it, no doors, pushed up against the rear wall of your garage, open a door in the rear of the garage, add doors, that when open, the tractor, rarely used, will be driven into the shed, doors closed, both cars into garage. Think that would be my last far-fetched idea. Guess it would be easier to staple gun a tarp under the deck, higher on one side, lower on the other side.
Or, how about a huge tent, covered with a tarp?
(1)

Red green says duct tape is the answer to all home improvment projects if u dont know red green utube its from up noth in that british coleney lol
(3)

V, Why not, have you tried it? lol.
I replaced a garage door once.
Don't get me started on that, lol.
(2)

Send it is a second floor deck and the idea was to stop the lawn tractor etc to make more room in the garage. then maybe my car could also be able to spend the winter in from the snow. Hubby's car has to go in because it is delicate and electric and don't get me started on THAT.
By the way we can't drive the tractor through the kitchen onto the deck or up the outside stairs.
(2)

@ Veronica,
You could try a roof or screened in porch over your deck-if it could hold it?
Sit outside in the sun or rain. You have it built to code, is recommended.
We cannot have dH construction stapling O-2 tubes to the beams! The kitty might just love the new room, and climb up the screens at 4 a.m. (just a downside).

Isn't it fun to imagine a solution for our needs being easier?
(1)

Send yes a shed would fit underneath quite nicely but that idea was discounted because the side of the shed would have the rain run off towards the house.
You are right about the snow it drops over the house and have 3 feet on the deck in no time. SOMETIMES YOU JUST CAN'T WIN!
(2)

Brat behavior. When you measure Mom for new pants don't forget to include the boobs in the waist measurement.
(6)

Least u can come an go i have pops 24/7 no help no releif im not sure how much longer i can doo it im im 6 months from my 60 th not sure if i can spend much more of my life on the guy that beat me when got home from work cause he was mad at the life he choosed
(1)

Count cd trog in on the bratt squad
(1)

I found a new way to "cope" with the visits to the memory care facility....arrive half an hour before lunch. That's a bratty thing to do. At this point, half an hour is our limit anyway. After Mom telling me (every sentence) that she has a headache (that's she's had for 6 years straight), I have run out of replies. She then switches to "How old am I?", I reply "93", then she asks it again every other sentence. At this point, it's time (thankfully) to walk to the dining room. Unfortunately, now she's asking if we are 'related' and has to stop the walker in the small hallway to hear the answer, 3 more steps, same question again....and stops again to hear the answer!! 😵 We finally get to the table and get situated. She asks me if she has any other children, "No Mom, just me." I tell her we need to go because she has to eat lunch and we'll be back next Sunday. I climb into the car with a mixture of relief and sadness. This is hard. I was a brat the week before last and just didn't go.
(3)

It was a poopy night at memory care - lord knows what they served for dinner but it wasn't chicken delight

Mom had a mess in her pull up through to her pink French terry pants - her overnight caregiver walked in when I was trying to clean her bottom and she got miffed and sarcastically asked if I was gong to invite anyone else into to watch ?
I said yes I'm selling tickets and there's a line outside the door

Finally got her to bed and had her say her prayers - she put a new spin on the Lord's Prayer beginning with God almighty instead of our Father 🙏 And then speed talked her way through to the end saying there are you happy ?
Immensely 😏
(5)

Time to go visit mom at memory care 😬
(1)

).
(0)

Ha ha, Ha, Veronica! The snow will weight it down if it doesn't drain.
Is the deck second story? Can a cheap shed fit underneath? Or, they make huge deck boxes now, 2 ft. tall, 4 ft tall, 5 ft. tall
The vinyl shed are better now. Our tarp is silver, very thick, folded, trimmed, edged, not too bad, just covering the roof, not flying in the wind. (That is if it gets finished tomorrow.
(0)

Want to have a roof put under the deck, just a simple metal sheet roof so the rain that comes through the gaps in the boards above can run off and we can store stuff there for the winter and beyond. First of all hubby came up with the idea of sealing the gaps between the boards. Then he could not understand what I was talking about so I made a cardboard model and he admitted that now he could "see" it. Today he came up with spreading a tarp over the deck and weighing it down with rocks. Anyone want to come to a skating party on my brand new skating rink at my house when the temp gets low enough? It is a big deck so there should be room for everyone. Hot chocolate to follow spiked with brandy for those still allowed to imbibe.
(3)

0, zero, none, nada Spaghetti-Os neither!
Went out to help again, came back and only 3 minutes has passed since my last post! The time, and the pain seemed interminable, not just 3 minutes. Now, it is me leaving the jobsite, ha ha ha, as he went to pick out just the perfect screw!!!

Cwillie, thanks for the laugh, but laughing is hurting my back.
(2)

Is zero dinner the same as spaghetti-o's?
Next time put DH up on the ladder and you can go pee for an hour.
(3)

20, Number of recommended minutes to apply ice to lower back

6, Number of approximate hours before bed after zero dinner!
(1)

23, 24, 25, 26, 27, number of reasons, excuses why a simple job of covering the shed with a tarp before the rain comes cannot be done that way; 47, 48, 49, number of times you need to leave a jobsite, go pee, get the mail, and just plain disappear leaving your wife on the ladder; 50, number of milligrams of pain medicine I will have to take to alleviate the pain from almost falling backwards off the second rung, catching myself-whiplash of lower back, owieeee!

zero, number of times I will not tolerate this anymore;, zero, number of times I will ever work outside with dH again, UNTIL, t h e n e x t t i m e ....grrrrr.
(3)

MsMadge,
What a trip down memory lane. I remember; "Don't cook tonight....Call Chicken Delight"!! We had one down the street in San Francisco about 53 years ago! As I remember, it was delish! Yum, I'm hungry.
🍷🍽🍗
(2)

you alone. no one to pick up after.1/2 the amount of dirt tracked in.
Work cut in half.
Alone not worth fixing supper salad, take out or pop a can.
Enjoy it while you can.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter