Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Lu....that is one of the coolest stories ever!!....You remember that when you're feeling down and let it give you a big smile.....
I mean.....how "luckylu" were you 2....?!...
(2)

MsMadge...Mom and I spent a week on the strip in Vegas.I'd have Never seen the Liberace Museum otherwise.It's closed now.My Mom put 50 cents in a machine and the light on top went off and started turning and she wondered what she did wrong,but she had just won $1,250.00.She had never gambled before and won right off.So she took me to Phantom Of The Opera!
(6)

Chromie won with ease 🐎
(1)

Ohmygod. Apparently there are still 80 Wimpys in the UK. I have no idea who eats in them, but I imagine nobody twice.
(2)

Goodness, Wimpy's, now there's a question... Do you know, I have no idea? I know it wasn't more recently than 1983 that I ate in one (and was a sorry girl, I can tell you - I think my arteries are still hardened from it). I have a feeling that the BSE crisis may have done for them in the end, but I'll check...
(2)

We don't have "In and Out" burger chains in the eastern part of U.S. at least not yet. My husband sometimes ate there when he lived in L.A. many years ago.

Do they still have Wimpy's in London?
(2)

And Rod's in Arcadia is right across from the great race place - Santa Anita - California chrome races tomorrow as a final prep for breeders cup in a month

Of course - a lot of us learned how to drive in the mass parking lot there - you could pop the clutch on a vw bug and not worry

Mom turned us all into racing fans and I hope I can get her out to the track a couple of times this fall - she always joked that she wanted to go out while shooting dice in Vegas - before her awful fall last year - we did have a wonderful trip to sin city and each won big on the crap table - what a shame she doesn't remember
(2)

The high point of my day today was when I walked out to get in my truck to go to work, and one of my feral cats left me a mouse by the door. Not even nibbled on.. Someone loves me! Oh, and I got my flu shot at work.. now that says something about crappy days!
(1)

I have read all the "peculiar"books, and they are kind of dark.. I can see a PG13.. lots of creatures chasing the kids, and dark things and monsters
(1)

Enjoying your 'brattiness' all of you - thanx for the laughs - I needed them today
To share a chuckle - years ago at 4:20 in morning on way to work, I was on highway when the police pulled me over for only one headlight working - I knew it was sometimes wonky so I got out to check & hit it with my fist so now working so no ticket & off I went plus on time for work
(4)

So Send....are you suggesting a sort of "underground railroad" for desparate, runaway CG's, at Steak 'N Shakes across America, all along Rte 66?!.....
You are a "bad" grlll....lol!
(3)

Luckylu, Those restaurants, Steak n' Shakes are on the Historic Route 66, from Santa Monica, California to across the nation, Chicago, all on Rt. 66.
In my area, it is Colorado Blvd., rt. 66.
There are two coffeeshops, Rod's and Coco's in Arcadia, preserved in business because they are on the historic route.

CAREGIVERS, anywhere near ROUTE 66, check in here with your State name!
(For privacy, State will do). If anyone ever has to run away, we could meet-up on Route 66. Lol.
(1)

On the way to Kansas City,We go past 2 odd towns...One is called Humansville and the other one is called Peculiar.No wonder some people think these parts are strange....But our Steak N Shakes are great!
(3)

And now that my behind has spread even further just from thinking about milkshakes, Gap is showing me the chinos I want on a beautiful girl who is 5'10, 24" waist and wearing a Size 6. And she's maybe seventeen years old.

Well *this* model is 5'4" (if I stand up straight like my ballet teacher always told me to), hasn't consulted a tape measure recently and is an awfully long way past seventeen. Where are *those* pictures, then, eh???
(3)

I heard it reviewed the other day, Send; and basically they gave it that rating because it would horrify younger kids. "This is the place where they put children who are different from everybody else and everybody hates them oh and by the way their parents are probably dead..." That kind of thing. Sounds fun!

I can remember that somebody at my school thought it would be a brilliant idea to show us a film called "Sammy Going South" - a kind of 'Walkabout', only set in the Kalahari instead of Australia - and, yes, jolly interesting and educational it was too. But the establishing scenes were of an urban battleground where the eponymous Sammy opens the door to his home to see his mother lying dead at the foot of the stairs - I am recalling this from over 40 years ago, you understand, I haven't seen it since - and the audience was composed of 8-11 year old children at boarding school, some of whose parents were living in Africa. Clever.

But the next week we got "Support Your Local Sheriff" which I still think is one of the funniest films I've ever seen.
(2)

Has anyone heard of the new movie in theatres: "Ms. Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children" ?
In what way is that a PG-13 rating?
(2)

Talk about mean. Leaving the checkstand at the market-past bedtime, almost a panic attack, Me to dH:
"In the farthest reach of your imagination (hubs) where would you ever think that NOW is a good time to start criticizing me?" At least it was in a well modulated, in public voice, not yelling at all. Wow, where did that come from?
Muuaahhaha. hawha bwuauaaha ha haaaaa!!!!

We made it ok, had a greaf dinner with carrot cake, he went to bed, late.
(4)

Church mouse
In n out is famous for its secret menu so if you can fit in to the car be sure to order it animal style
(3)

Forget going to memory care to tuck in mom - I'm going to in n out - that's what a hamburger is all about

Once you have real fries - yes they peel them there from real potatoes - there's no going back to frozen air spuds
(4)

It's the funniest place you've EVER been Send!
The men wear bloomers and the ladies just wear hats and on special occasions,a muu muu.Be sure to brind your dH and ofcourse,Everyone is invited.They have the best burgers you ever had and the heat is on in the summer and the A/C is on in the winter.The men in white will be coming to take you all away.Don't forget your sunscreen!
(3)

Is it really funny there, Luckylu? Would I be able to take all of my caregiving friends along for a rest, greatly deserved?
Do they have in n out there?
What about air conditioning, can I get that?
What age are the nice young men, not too young, I hope.
Do I get to wear a clean white gown too?
When are they arriving, or do I have to drive there too?
Is my dH invited?
(2)

To the Funny Farm Send
Where Life is beautiful all the time
And you'll be happy to see those nice young men
in their clean white gowns
And they're coming
to Take YOU away Ha Ha!
(3)

Behaving badly? Mwhahhahahaha, MWWUUAAHAHAHA, OOPS, was that one too many ha's?
(2)

Ooooh, so mean, discussing In-N-Out. There's nothing around here like them, and some foolish Chicagoans say that Johnny Rocket's is similar but I say it isn't.

I used to eat In-N-Out as often as 3 times a week in Nevada and California. Regular hamburger, extra lettuce, extra tomato, grilled onions. *sigh* They're just that good.

Steak N Shake is a midwest based chain, and their burgers and vanilla cokes go a small way to help my In-N-Out cravings. They have Chili Mac Supreme, too. Once in awhile, that's the best food on Earth. Never feels that good in my tummy afterwards. It's like a 5 way chili dish, a Cincinnati chili.
(1)

Churchmouse,
No substitutions please. It is part of the cult following aspect.
But the cult has 'animal-style', 'protein-style' and other specially prepared burgers, using the same ingredients.
Can I get fries with that? Yesssss!
(1)

Not telling all, Cwillie, but I will tell you.
My new job has expanded in duties and comes with a pay raise from zero to zero with more responsibilities. Titled now, the newer focus of my caregiving duties is "Supervised Employment Coordinator", involves more cooking-preparing lunches to go; more physical work-picking up duties of another; more driving-more gas, more expense; more thought, wise decisions, planning-cost vs. financial, physical, emotional, and benefit risk assessment; as well as monitoring the behaviors of the two persons affected by this happy change. Logging into a daily chart is involved, and knowing when to ask for assistance will be crucial. All this comes with a brand new schedule, early morning traffic, dinner is going to be late, eating on the run...but my hubs happiness and contentment will be worth it.

Me, however, feel like I am in shock and so very tired but cannot rest.
Thanks for asking. And I am serious about the maniacal spelling, anyone?
They're coming to take me away, ha ha, ho ho, tee hee! ???
(2)

Proper chocolate milkshake. Mmmmmm :)

No wait! Coke float! Can I get a coke float there? If so I will get in the car and drive the 130 miles for it next time they pop up.

If I can still fit my rapidly spreading behind in the car, that is.
(3)

Cwillie, Thanks for that, but could you tell me how to spell trolls correctly?
Also, I need to learn how to spell maniacal laughter, because most people on here just use "tee hee", or "he, he", and I wanted to be more straightforward and transparent than that. Not looking for one word answers or short snickers. Santa's ho ho ho won't do either, because it is so close to halloween. Can you please help me? OR , maybe I should just run off and open a new thread, like all the trolls here have been doing?
(1)

Sendme has been busy confusing all the newbies today with cryptic responses... such bad behaviour! (cue maniacal laughter)

Didn't I read something about big changes and a new job at your house this week Send? Tell all!
(1)

Real ice cream, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, shakes, throughout the ages, one knows what to expect.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter