Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Over the years my cat Charley has brought home to share dinner with him a variety of critters. He gets let out early in the morning with the sliding door opened just enough so he can come and go, and the door is secured, and we go back to sleep.

One morning we woke up to our two female cats at the top of the stairs in shear panic..... ok, what did Charley bring home now. We slowly crept into the kitchen and sure enough there was the largest racoon that I ever seen just munching away at the dry cat food. What in the world !! CHARLEY !!
(6)

I asked her for some happy news
but she just smiled and turned away...
(4)

You stumped me Lu

I met a girl who sang the blues
(2)

I don't care what you say, lucky, no possum I've ever come across is "grateful and kind." I had one getting into the garage, eating the grass seed. I interrupted his dinner one day and he scared me so bad! He hissed at me and I just turned around and left.

I try to feed the community cats around here once in a while but they're skittish. I have to put the food out and leave it. The squirrels don't eat oranges or clementines, but they love the pears off the pear tree. The trash bandits seem to do fine on their own, I don't see many of them.

For a city suburb, there's a bit of small fauna all around here. I think the rabbits have been mostly gobbled up by the cats, though.
(1)

He probably does Freqflyer...Gershun,do you name your stray cats?Any possums?Racoons?red fox?...The animals are always grateful and kind.I can't say that about the people at Walmart.
(2)

Flyer my cat is the same way. He has a whole repertoire of sounds he makes. Hubs and I have long conversations with him. We always say what are we going to do when he is gone. We won't have anyone to talk to anymore. LOL
(4)

To the Dr. Doolittle crowd who talk to the animals.... I am sure the neighbors get a big kick whenever I call my cat "Charlie" to come into the house.... that cat has a huge voluntary of all sorts of words, some whiny stuff, too. He and I will have a long conversation as he walks across the yard and into the house. He sounds like a little kid who wants to keep playing outside :P
(4)

I quite often talk to the birds. If I'm going for a walk I say "Hi birdy" even to the crows. LOL If people are walking their dogs I always ask if I can pet them. And don't even ask me about my cats. They are probably the most spoiled cats around.
(3)

For sure Gershun,The neighbors think I'm crazy.They see me talking to the birds and dog and cats and setting out food for all of them and if I'm in a really good mood,I sing to them too.Or tweet back to the birds.
(4)

Lucky I think your Precious is probably embarrassed for you..........LOL.
If you could see one of those little thought bubbles over his head it would probably say"My owner is sweet as can be but she says weird things when it's time to go pee"
(4)

When we want Bella to go out we can;t use the work Walk or she puts herself away in her pup tent.. we have had to get creative... Toddle,, crawl,,adventure... I'll have to try weezenpoo!
(1)

Happy Weezenpoo!
Lucky, at least we have Precious behaving herself!
(0)

Send...I took Precious out to pee pee doodle dump wee wee and told her "Take a wee Precious" but she just looked at me,so then I said "Pee dee wee dee" and she looked at me like I was crazy,so frustrated I yelled "Weezenpoo!!!" and she doodled everywhere.Thanks for reminding me,otherwise I find little "presents".
(2)

MsMadge...You got it...Diana Ross "Touch Me In The Morning"~~~Good one!
Now How About...
Worst Comes To Worst
(1)

Lu
We don't have tomorrow - but we had yesterday
(2)

Thanks, lucky, I made the avatar Halloween character over at pogo. It's a game site. They have free games and free accounts (with the hope that you'll upgrade to the pay accounts, of course).
(1)

That's way too easy MsMadge....I'll let someone else take it but here's one for you:
then just walk away
(1)

Luckylu,
Pee de wee dee Precious, it's time?
(0)

buy me some peanuts and crackerjack
(1)

Sometimes I miss mom of the old days - she was spunky & lively

Tues I brought in some dollar store 'jewels' to decorate a water bottle I had brought her a few weeks ago - she was quite animated for about 1/2 of the time which I feel was good but it broke my heart when she sat back in her wheelchair & asked my to finish it on my own [she couldn't focus that long] - up side is she now has a very fancy water bottle that will many a smile when they see it

I'm 67 but I still have to take care of mom [fully] who's almost 91 & dad [partically] whose nearly 94 - I am truly in the 'sandwich generation'[1 husband, 3 kids, 2.5 grandchildren & 2 elderly cats too]
(4)

AliBoBali..You make a great piece of candycorn...SO cute!!!
(1)

In a way, I'll be so glad when the Cubs season is over. It's a lot of games, a lot of hours, but I've been a Cubs fan my entire life so how can I miss out on possibly their best postseason showing of my entire life? I've been waiting for this. I watched in 2003, in 2007, last year... and they did well but not this well.

:-)

Some things are worth losing sleep for, I guess. Goodnight Send. HUGS!
(2)

Ali, are you practicing a new schedule for working? Goodnight cubbies, goodnight Ali. Getting up at 5 a.m. here. See everyone later.

Goodnight Gershun.
(2)

MsMadge....Alcohol(juice)...All That Jazz!
(3)

I thought that was Gordon Lightfoot - well, you learn something every day. So Kris Kristofferson, not just a pretty face...
(2)

Maybe I am going to need an interpreter for this thread from now on. Happy that you 'get it' Lu, but I have to look up all the popular stuff.

I do, however, understand where to buy the pies and cakes and ice cream.
(2)

Right up here
Is where I store the juice
(1)

You're very clever Lu!
(1)

Did you know that Kris Kristofferson wrote the song "Me and Bobby McGee?"
(2)

Lou Monte and Patsy Cline MsMadge...
Lazy Mary You better get up
She answered back I am not able
Lazy Mary you better get up
We need sheets for the table
Lazy Maryy you smoke in bed
Theres only one man you should marry
My advice to you would be
Is to pay attention to me
You'd better marry a fireman
He'll come and go and go and come.
After he gets done walkin' after midnight,out in the moonlight
Search'n For You.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter