Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Tom Jones or Engelbert Humperdinck ?
(1)

Ms. Madge, I think Luckylu is a musical savant.
(1)

I use coasters, and I can be a coaster nazi... ask my daughter!
(2)

Lu

You are either a musical savant or a cheater cheater pumpkin eater
(0)

Cwillie

Pass the worstershire sauce

We have Chex mix for cereal and party mix
(1)

luckylu, yes Niles and Frasier Crane use coasters.
(3)

jinglebts, Charley is a Black Bombay cat, very tall... he is 16 going on 2... when he was younger he was our wild child always getting into something. There would be telephone calls from someone down the street, asking if we owned a black cat name Charley [from his tag]... we would answer "oh gosh, what did he do now?".... "no problem, he is under the bed in our house"... "ok, we will come get him". Apparently Charley came to that house with the owner's cat.

Some homes have a two story family room with a railing along the second floor at the back of the family room. Lot of people place their sofas where from the second floor you can look down onto the sofa. Well, Charley thought it would be a short cut if he jumped on the railing and sailed down onto the sofa... sig other was sitting on the sofa talking on the phone when Charley landed next to him in a big thud. I won't repeat what sig had said :P

The list goes on and on.
(1)

I've just been reading a website on things we have in Canada that aren't available in the USA. You really don't have Shreddies cereal down there? How do you make your nuts&bolts mix at Christmas??
(2)

"Blast, I've spilt my coffee!" Lol.
(0)

Here is a partial description of the thread: Caregivers Behaving Badly:

Just want to say some things without the constraints of staying on topic? Well, this thread is for you!

Enjoy!

Coasters? Do you mean roller coasters?
Coasters to put under your coffee cup to protect your fine furniture?
Coasters that advertise at places like Chilie's, tell you about the bloomin onions, or their beers, you take them home and years later they have never been used, there is a small collection of coasters amongst the hoarded items you keep.
Or the behaviors of many teens in school, that party on, get good grades by hust coasting-those "coasters"??
(2)

Coasters? I have coasters, niece even used one when she was here. Why are we talking about coasters??
(1)

Shake,Rattle and Roll...
Take out the papers and the trash,or you don't get no spendin'cash........
Do people even use Coasters anymore?
(4)

I let Precious bite my fingers all the time.It's the only game she likes to play...But if Charley hasn't had his rabies shot,you better look for red streaks going up your arm into your breast.Why'd he bite you anyway?
(2)

No, really, are you ok? Is there any blood? What were your fingers doing in Charley's mouth? Were you trying to take back that chicken or something?
How old IS Charley?
(2)

Charley! Weezenpoos!
Is he gonna be ok, Jinglebts?
(1)

ff: Charley bit my finger! He bit my finger!!
(1)

Yakitty-yak, don't talk back.
(2)

Get outta that bed, and wash your face and hands
(1)

I think Brits and Canadians are very much alike, except we don't say "sorry" QUITE so much. We are equally horrified by the "let's all go around the room and introduce ourselves!!". We used to have to do that at business meetings and I used to panic, b/c in addition, we had to say something interesting abt ourselves. What??! There's nothing interesting abt me, and I don't even want to be here!! Gah! [Altho' some were better at it than I was. I grew up in a very British household, even tho' it was only our GGGs that had come from England.]
(1)

ff: What kind of cat do you have? I know Siamese cats are very chatty, with their low screechy voices too.
(0)

Churchmouse,
That entire first paragraph just happened this morning in my kitchen! omg.
The conversation included: "Where did you get this new "I'm sorry" insincere behavior, at work? What are you apologizing for? Stop it, it is freaking me out.
Neither of us did anything wrong, stop apologizing! Yes, employees at work are apologizing, after employer abuses! Maybe I have to rescue him outta there?

Thankfully, the coffee was good! He's at work now...
(2)

CW, the one infallible test is to count how many times a day you say "sorry." Sorry is British English for: hello, excuse me, how dare you, what did you say?, I don't understand, I am having a heart attack, you just stood on my foot, blast I've spilled my coffee, I'm late, please don't interrupt me, please allow me to interrupt you, this is urgent, do you require assistance... Basically it is used to introduce or stand in for virtually any complaint, request, enquiry or general remark of any description.

Stephen Mangan, the actor and comedian, musing on the subject said: "I bet if you were to walk down Oxford Street in the rush hour pushing people in the back you would hear 'sorry' 'sorry' 'sorry' 'sorry' the entire length of the pavement." Then he paused for a beat and added: "Actually, I might try that..."
(1)

Worked too late last night to bring Friday night fiesta to mom's memory care so just had some pumpkin bread and milk for snacks

Since the dining room is still closed the faux wood ceiling beam installation the couch and chairs have been taken out of the tv room to make room for dining which is not very comfortable

Just mom and her least favorite male companion were still up - she waiting for me and he slumped over with his head in a peanut butter sandwich

Since her parents ran a boarding house she believes she owns the place and this man hasn't paid his rent and she's giving him to next weekend to move out - hmmm

Next her other least favorite male companion wanders out and sits in front of us blocking the view to the tv - she loudly says she doesn't like him - he asked for a larger room but didn't want to pay more rent and now thinks he can take over the whole house - hmmmmm

Male #2 is restless and although he's eyeing male #1 pb&j sandwich can't quite figure out how to get it away from him so he goes over to the piano - a relic with missing keys - lifts open the lid which sends the fall pumpkin display onto the floor and really infuriates mom

I tell her he's a musician and he and his wife play together to which she chuckles - I bet they do play with each other 😂
(3)

Churchmouse,
So funny, made my day.
Also, missing Jude on here, she was also very good at sharing that kind of humor.
Where did ya go, Jude?
Cwillie,
I am sure that I am ignorant about the differences between Brits and Canadians, but I love all of you! Intelligence, wit, humor, and polite.
(3)

Lu
I love Billy Joel - should have had that

A bottle of red - a bottle of white
(2)

Those Very British Problems sound pretty universal to me, or maybe I just think like a Brit?
(6)

Ali,We have a lot of wildlife here in the middle of the "city" too.We have some red fox cubs in the drainage ditch in front of our house but I haven't seen the Mother.Someone called animal control and they probably got it.We call the dog catcher a "fossil" at our house for some reason.Mom made that up years ago.I have no idea why..........maybe she thought they had holes in their hearts.
(4)

No. 5 - Getting out of a conversation by looking at your dog and saying "come on then, let's get you home."

The number five refers to this item's place in today's list of "Twenty Very British Problems" in my newspaper.

Well, now. For one thing, I don't consider the above a problem, I consider it a solution. And for another it is a British characteristic that being told what is "Very British" tends to make us tut and fidget.

But that one is true. And so are:
2. Suddenly remembering your tea and necking it like a massive, lukewarm shot.
7. Concentrating so hard on the appropriate eye-contact-to-looking-away ratio that you have no idea what's being said to you.
8. The horror: "I thought it might be nice to go round the room and say a bit about ourselves."
10. Saying "honestly, it's fine" to warn of your imminent meltdown.
12. "A bit of a pickle" - Translation: A catastrophically bad situation with potentially fatal consequences.
14. "I might join you later" - Translation: I'm not leaving the house today unless it's on fire.
15. Worrying you've accidentally packed three kilos of cocaine and a dead goat as you stroll through "nothing to declare." [I don't know why that's so, but it is]
17. Watching with quiet sorrow as you receive a different haircut to the one you requested.
(6)

Oh yeah,MsMadge....Billy Joel on Piano Man Lp.Wasn't super popular.....
(1)

So Bye Bye Miss American Pie....
And Ali,the possum really isn't bad cuz hes always grateful for his food and he's kind enough not to bite me.That's all,but I'd sure never try to pat him or get close-r than I already am.He's pretty ugly....Hope all you Brats out there are having a good Saturday~~~
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter