Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Ordering grocery online is new to me. But I think that I got carried away, what with the threat of earthquakes, fires, and Covid shortages. Bought two of everything and then stocked up on emergency foods. And, enough tea for a year. Then hubs wants me to order some grape juice...too late.
Now, after shopping so much, I am having age related tiredness on a Saturday night.
Caregivers! Live a little while you are still young enough. Do not wait for retirement. 👩‍🦳️

Saying goodnight now.
(3)

I hate being a caregiver. It's like I'm stuck in the seventh level of hell and can't get out. Not only am I one at home to my elderly parent but I also am employed as one and can't find another type of job. It's been my life for years and it seems as if I've lost any sense of compassion or empathy. I function more like a robot and have for a long time. Listen to the complaining, try to avoid the fights clients and parent try to instigate daily, and clean up the p*ss and sh*t. There has to be a way out.
(1)

I was just telling a poster to vent on this thread due to the sense of humor here.

It’s a great thread, just skimmed a few posts. Cwille, interesting drink! Maybe, I’ll try one of those. Or just enjoy my usual drink, gin and tonic. 😊

On second thought! It is October. My grandma was German so perhaps I should have a beer!

Hahaha, my grandma never drank. Grandpa was from England and he loved a good drink every now and then.

My parents never drank. Some of my uncles did. One was even a bootlegger during prohibition and made a fortune!

My uncle had a legitimate lucrative business but he made more bootlegging, paid cash for his beautiful home!

Everyone has that interesting person in their family! Maybe more than one.
(0)

Holy smoke, no comments here since October! Is no one being bad any more?
Nobody running through the nursing home doors maskless?
Writing snarky letters to the editor about the crappy care their loved ones are getting since the pandemic?
Going out to party hearty with no regard to mandated restrictions?
Or maybe isolating at home and indulging in all their secret vices?
(2)

well, I have figured out a way to get out of paying the parking garage at work $13 a day ... thank goodness for co-workers who figured it out first! I still have to pay once in awhile,, but any savings is great these days! It was free when we were all "COVID heros" but now we are just chopped liver!
(3)

Pam,

That’s a big savings over a long stretch of time. It all adds up!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter