Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
5 6 7 8 9
Good Job Pamz!!!
(3)

OK, I am going to say I behaved very well today.. and although only my hubs knows this ( I have not told anyone else except the people directly involved) today I saved a life, and not at work either. Mom is at Aunts and we are redoing her bath while she is gone. Hubs decided to go get some primer and take me to lunch at our favorite Italian sub/dinner local place. He really really wanted to go to this place. So we are there eating, and an older (than us) couple is sitting behind us, and the owner is sitting with them, talking about how they used to live in the area.. And I hear the man coughing,, then making a strange noise. I looked at hubs for a few seconds , said that sounds wrong. I realized he was choking. Really choking. I just stood up, luckily he had already stood up ( he was a big guy) an I stepped behind him did the Heimlick ! We learn it in class,, but really in the hospital never need to do it ( Thank God, ) Luckily for me ( and him) I must have gotten it right the first time.. It was pure instinct. He was so grateful, and I was so amazed it worked like it was supposed to.. I am only 5 2 and he had to be 6+ with a barrel chest. God was with us all,, hubs put me in the right place and training took over. We tried to pay for our lunch.. but that was not happening between the owners and the couple. I am still in shock over this, but it seems I am in the right job!
(15)

Congratulations MsMadge!🧸️
(3)

I broke my new year's resolution and it was only the 4th day of the year 👏👏
(7)

Well hubs took puppers for 3 long walks today and found nothing on our property out of order.. Never thought about a transformer,, did look for an accident. Our power didn't even flicker. So maybe some dang idiot was spotlighting deer in the field behind us. We are very rural so that is a possiblility we do have a police scanner, but have not used it yet this year.. we should probably dig it out as winter is here now.
(2)

Pammzi:
We also had a loud BOOM noise. But our lights went out for a minute.
My dH found nothing, but said it was a transformer or something like that.
Later on a local website, there was a report of a car crashing into a pole causing the lights to go out.
Do you have a local website that people post happenings such as this?
I am finding it helpful, getting more information quicker, better than the news.
One is titled Emergency Now.
(1)

Geeeeez,

Pam, wonder what it was? Especially for it to upset your pooch too. Hmmmm.
(1)

Hubs and I are relaxing at home, mom is at Aunts for a bit. Just heard a huge "BOOM" noise.. you know what our first thought was! But no,(old habits die hard) , and it seemed to come from outside. He has gone and out found nothing wrong,, no accident on the road, no trees we can see down.. the (few) neighbors houses are still standing. I went through the house,, nothing seems to have fallen. It's too dark for hunting ( so unless the neighbors shot each other in the backyard all is good there) Hubs is rechecking the house.. even our puppers was freaked out! Sonic boom??
(2)

MIL has been a handful, increasingly since the holidays. This past week, we've had several tantrums, and had to call the police because she snuck out of the house while we were dealing with one of her messes. Once she was brought back, and settled back in her room (settled=throwing another tantrum), we installed door chimes on all the exterior doors. The "bad" part? We made her pay for it.
This morning, it looks like her gloom clouds may have parted a bit. And as bad as it sounds, it made me chuckle a bit to see her jump and squeak when she opened the door and it chimed at her. I asked her where she was going, and she said she didn't realize we'd put chimes on the doors. She went back to her room. She didn't have her shoes on, or a jacket. In 58 degree weather? I don't think so. These door chimes are annoying as fudge, especially when you have three children home from school who go in and out a million times a day. But, I think they are worth it if I can make sure she can't get lost in the neighborhood again, shoeless and coatless.
(7)

Pammzi,
Fight the insurance company's ludicrous denial!
You will win, and your dentist will appreciate it.

Most insurance companies will automatically deny at least 75% of claims.
(The percentage is usually much higher, but I am toning it down.)

Appeal it. Just asking for a common sense explanation may get it approved.

My absolutely f a v o r i t e saying is "What can be done with paper can be undone with more paper."

I don't remember if I made it up, or found it somewhere. But it speaks to me!
(2)

Playing chicken in the Costco parking lot....pulling in for gas, the other driver heading out in a big hurry, would have hit my car (hubs was on passenger side). So, I stopped. He motioned to go, but I hesitated too long....what, maybe a nanosecond, but too long for this hurried truck. We inched forward, and stopped. He started and I started too. Stop, start, stop, start. At an impasse, this man (who WAS in a big hurry) now is looking at us, understanding that I am not going to let him drive that way, so I am intent upon staying in his way.
We smiled, and did not proceed until he also smiled, gave us a thumbs up, so I went ahead....e v e r s o s l o w l y! Laughing.

Fortunately, he was one who had a good sense of humor, darn, I coulda been shot. I know better, but just could not help myself. Feeling like I saved his life today. Or someone else's. Waved bye, and Happy New Year!

Jules,
What kind of popcorn?
(4)

I have to laugh at myself. I had my popcorn ready , sitting in my recliner prepared to laugh and be shocked at stories of Caretakers behaving badly. ie stories you’ve caught your caretaker doing.
Ha Ha. Didn’t think you were the ones behaving badly!!!!
ROFL. I needed a laugh!
Happy New Year
(5)

Well it went pretty well, not a lot of pain,just a lot of noise from drilling. And the dang tooth did NOT come out during the impressions, but it came out with no fuss for the dentist! I even got out an hour early. The bad news is that the baby tooth eroded the gum, so instead of the permanent bridge in 3 weeks,, I get another look in 3 weeks, then move on to the permanent one 3 weeks after that. I paid the dentist my big chunk,, then come home to a letter from Delta that says they don't want to pay most of it because its a "birth defect"! LOL.. I had all my baby teeth on schedule, then this one didn't come out,, so I could see that if I never GOT the baby tooth.. but hey,, I sure did! Whatever,, the dentist has been down this road before, and they have never charged me the difference, they just took what they got,, so I am optimistic. It is what it is.. But boy oh boy are my gums sore! And the temp feels weird.. but at least I have teeth!
(5)

hang in there, Pam

if you can, pop a couple of Advil ahead of time to relax you
(2)

Good luck, Pam. Will say a prayer for you.
(3)

Well tomorrow I go to the dentist for a 5 tooth bridge ( or 8 tooth if another baby tooth comes out during the procedure). Hubs is dropping me off and picking me up, then hes coming back to deal with Mom, I am taking my kindle and my new amazon prime to watch movies between parts. Am I nervous ,, yep I am, but I am tired of dealing with a loose tooth and my lisp! So wish me luck! I am a baby when it comes to the dentist!
(5)

My DD got me a fire stick for Chirstmas,, our smart TVs don't like our Hughesnet. Hubs set it up for me today in my TV room,, I am so happy I can now binge watch things like normal people! IF,,, mom lets me out of sight without pouting for long enough.. I did get to watch a movie this week, and an episode of a show today! Yeah me!!
(6)

I'm still getting over my surprise at an elderly lady I called on the other day. She needed very little support - all washed and dressed, and she'd made and eaten her breakfast before I got there - but she asked me to turn on her tv because she couldn't easily reach the switch. She then snuggled back in her armchair keeping a tight grip on the tv remote control and said contentedly "I never got near this while my husband was alive. Now I can watch what I like."

Always best to look on the bright side? I didn't like to ask how long it had been since she lost him. Sadly missed, I'm sure, all the same.
(6)

No no, CW, that definitely counts! Only be careful to jog TO the kitchen, but only walk back especially if you have made yourself a good hot cup of coffee.

FitBits ShmitBits. One step nearer to implanted electrodes, if you ask me (what conspiracy theory?!).
(3)

I'm kind of liking the Fitbit's hourly reminders to get up off my azz and move. Unfortunately I'm going to have to work on making sure that movement doesn't include a stroll to the kitchen for a snack.....
(5)

I'm feeling more catty than bratty Send,sitting here in my new cat robe with cat ears,surrounded by my cats~

Thanks for all the nice Birthday wishes everyone~
(5)

Were you a brat on your birthday, Luckylu?
(2)

Another holiday at hoca in the books -
had takeout delivered and ordered enough for staff -
with the continued cost cutting, the kitchen never seems to have food for them - this was not the case in the past much less on a holiday - morale is so low

the Viking was still chatting in bed after prayers - kept her up late too

and to all a blessed good night
(8)

Merry Christmas to you Send, and everyone on the A/C forum
(5)

Merry Christmas MsMadge, to you and your Mom!
(3)

The Viking wasn’t happy when I was cleaning her fingernails this afternoon -
I ignored her pleas to stop so she bit me

I said oh swell now I have to get a rabies shot 💉

she said I’m not a dog 🐕
(11)

Happy Winter Solstice!
It was the longest night of the year!
(2)

Happy Boxing Day!
(0)

Merry Christmas as we celebrate the birth of Jesus.
(1)

Happy Holidays!
(1)

5 6 7 8 9
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter