anonymous281963 Posted August 2016

Caregivers behaving badly.

Follow

Ever just want to tear your hair out, or someone else's? If you cannot restore a sense of balance, you will run away from home? Just want to say some things without the constraints of staying on topic? Well, this thread is for you! If you just need a short break to let it all hang out, be a brat, then come on, you can do it. No holding back! Go for it, you can do it.

Comments

Show:
1 3 4 5
SharynMMarie Jul 19, 2018
MsMadge, I personally like the iPhone 5c. It offers everything you would probably need. I had one for about 5 years and just recently traded up to the 8 only because it is a little bigger and easier to hold on to.
(2)

Sendhelp Jul 19, 2018
MsMadge,
Passing on advice from Leo LaPorte, The Tech Guy, KFI radio 640 a.m.

He usually advises to hold out until the next I-Phone or Smart Phone comes out, researching in the meantime.

For a less expensive alternative, I suggest a Kindle Fire, New. Name your price.
You can e-mail, use it online and for Aging Care website.

Then, for work, ask your boss to borrow a company cell phone to stay in touch.
Or, buy a phone which you add minutes to. Trac Phone, ??? Target, Wal-Mart? Then wait until the heat won't fry your New phone, when you buy it on contract the Newest, Latest, worthy of your investment.

Never decide under pressure, but delay your decision to a later time.

If you did not solve the air conditioning issues, you won't be able to wake up on time for work in this heat. My guess, it will historically be very hot hot through September. Invest your funds there, imo.
(0)

MsMadge Jul 19, 2018
Still haven't decided on which iPhone- maybe just replace the 5 for $80, even though it will only be good for a few months

Sadly, whichever version I get, it won't work with the new A/C site 😥
(3)

lizzywho61 Jul 18, 2018
My iPhone 6 is the first iPhone I have owned. In the past I always used an Android base phone.

My iPhone is the 6 plus. It’s BIG. It is at least 2 years old, maybe 3. I have had no problems at all with this phone.  I love it!

I dropped and shattered my screen a couple weeks ago. I decided to take it in and have the screen replaced rather than get a new phone.
(2)

Becky04473 Jul 18, 2018
Sue, I had an IPhone 6 I loved. Husband got me an 8 plus. I don’t like it nearly as well. This is  my 7th IPhone and I like it the least of any I’ve had.
(1)

MsMadge Jul 18, 2018
Sue,
I'm looking at the iPhone 6s, vs the 8, which is buy one get one now
Even the plus size 6 is far cheaper than the 7 or 8
(1)

SueC1957 Jul 17, 2018
Anybody have any opinions on refurbished I Phones? (Like which models (numbers) are better than others or inborn problems with certain phones?)

I've got an IPhone 4 and am looking to upgrade to a newer (and bigger) version but not having to spend $1000.
(1)

MsMadge Jul 16, 2018
Send
The phone problem began in last week's heatwave when my car gauge was reading 117 -122 as the outside temp
Seems the battery swelled and bulged the screen from the case so a new battery won't work
Guess I shouldn't complain as its nearly 6 years old
(3)

AliBoBali Jul 15, 2018
Madge, there are lots of options for refurbished used ones online for deeply discounted prices. I went this route a few years ago, bought from a big eBay seller, it was a good experience and I saved some cheese. :-)
(4)

Sendhelp Jul 15, 2018
MsMadge,
My hubs says that the heat shortens the battery life of the iPhone. Changing the battery must be done by the service techs.
Why did he tell me this?
Because when we were on the road, in the heat, he kept putting the iPhone up to the air conditioner vent. He would have to return the phone to my sister if that ever happened.
The cost must be prohibitive.
(2)

1 3 4 5

Related
Questions

Related
Articles