Follow

I am a care giver as well as a case manager for my young husband. He is 52, and is suffering from metestatic prostate cancer. We have been through so much in the last year with his diagnosis. His PSA was 325 and went undiagnosed for it seem a short while. All of the bones in his body have been effected. I cant tell you how taxing it is. I have four sons, and I am exhausted !!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
kcookie, you are going through so much. When we get married we never envision something like this happening. I am so glad that you are there for your husband. He married a wonderful person.

I wondered if you have hospice helping you. Many hospices provide respite care for caregivers so that you can refresh yourself. It might be just for a few hours or a weekend. You wouldn't be able to afford to do much, I'm sure, but you could get off by yourself to enjoy nature, sort through things, and cry if you need to. These things can help so much. I wish the cancer could be cured, but I have the feeling you're taking things a day at a time now. Our hearts are with you.
(1)

Your story breaks my heart - hugs to you across the miles. You are going through so much at such a young age. Do you have outside emotional support? If not, might I suggest looking into some form of moral support for yourself? Your husband is so young and not considered elderly; but if you did call elder services in your town; I feel they could help you or at least guide you as to where to get some relief. Keeping you in my prayers - blessings and take care.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter