Just for some fun, what does your care receiver say to you over and over again that drives you up the wall?

Follow

My mom has two main ones. Whenever I take her out to eat, when she finishes, she's "full as a tick." I get to hear that at least 5X before I get her home. The other thing is every time I take her out (she moved up here to the Chicago suburbs from central Illinois), she "can't get over the TREES up here." I think she thought she'd live in a concrete canyon instead of a suburb with lots of normal greenery.

So what does your loved ones repeat until you're ready to scream??? :)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4
Me: "How are you doing?"
MIL: "I'm right here."
Me (a little louder & clearer): "HOW are you doing?"
MIL: "Nothing! I'm right here!"
*sigh*
(1)

my, this IS a pretty funny thread. aunt edna is starting to lie like a rug on valium. ive went along with her that shes 300 yrs old but tonite i stopped in for a few minutes and she told me they havent given her a thing to eat since shes been there. lying hor. i sat and shared her tuna lunch with her earlier today. i went and got her a hamburger. its downright funny once you get conditioned to it. ( the lying ) .. i told a therapist that we go look at the same stone job every day and the lady bout busted a gut laughing.
(1)

Yep, grandma does the same thing. "I don't want anything" leave a plate of mini party pies with tomato sauce in front of her and she'll eat all 6 of them within 30 mins if she thinks you aren't looking.
(1)

inmate my mom does the same thing! I took her to IHOP for lunch this week and she "wasn't hungry" but ate about 3/4 of the Belgian waffle, scrambled eggs and hash browns that I got for her. :)
(1)

When we go out to eat, she will sit there weighing 98 pounds and say "I'm not hungry, I'll just have water" .... while Hubby and I, both considerably well fed, order regular meals. Of course I order for her. When she protests that she isn't hungry, I tell her that if we stuffed ourselves and gave her only water, not only would we feel bad about it, but someone would call the police for elder abuse. Oh, and she usually does eat what shows up..
(2)

"Bosha bosha bosha" under her breath. No idea what it means, it's just a random noise she makes and seems to be made when something is too hard... like eating...

"Here's your lunch. Pick up your spoon and eat it all up"
"*sigh* bosha bosha bosha..."
(2)

I want to go home
(5)

"I'll wash my hair tomorrow. I just washed it yesterday." Said every day.
(2)

She constantly fights me about the fact I sort her meds $ give them to her. I'm so sick of that. She says she can do it, but the doctors told me when she was diagnosed not to let her administer her own meds bc she could make a fatal mistake.. If you have a parent with Dementia, their Neurologist is required by law to notify the DMV & they suspend the person"s driver's license. If they've dropped the ball, call the doctor & the DMV so they can get the ball running on his driving.
(1)

"did I show you this" "have you seen this" "did I show you this" have you see this" did I show you this".................................
(5)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions