Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Oh, holy crap, this morning we were holding our coffee cups high to Lisa and tonight we're dancing - love it. Glad I came over to see what was new. The other threads were bumming me out. Keeping my fingers crossed for a speedy move out date. Waiting for Tuesday.
(3)

Happy Dance. Happy Dance. Stomp your feet, through your hands in the air. Breath and smile, cry and laugh!!!!! YEAH. Hope the move in date is Tuesday afternoon.

Lisa, short of another weather crisis, keep us posted. How's your family holding up?

Love and Hugs, Cattails.
(2)

Well the paper from social security came in the mail today. The final appointment is Tuesday at 10:30. She'll have her move in date. Don't trust her so I called myself. And Rebecca, I'll take hail over tornados any day. I'm sorry you have to deal with the older siblings. It's frustrating and so stressful. I told Doug I need to sit down and start reading ever ones stories. I'm here for all of you anytime.
(4)

Lisa, I am having to deal with difficult older siblings and your experience has given me the courage to do what is right for my family. Please keep us posted as you repair from the hail. Our tiny town looked like a war zone last year from tornadoes and it is a shock. Hang in there.
(4)

Lisa: I'm so happy to hear from you and know that you are ok and things are progressing. Wow, that was some kind of hail storm. Sorry to hear about all the damage. Hugs Cattails.
(1)

Hello Beverly. Firstly, the caps were for my benefit. I was crying when I posted my situation. And if you wear glasses? I needed to see what I was typing. The two don't mix. So if that offends you? So sorry. Secondly, obviously you have not read through the comments on this thread that these wonderful people And I have been discussing. So your advice IS THE MOST REDICULOUS ADVICE YOU CAN GIVE. this is my house. She lives with me. Thirdly, take a breath? For the first time in 2 years i am breathing. I am so glad you chimed in at this late stage and not at the beginning. Because frankly, that would have chased me away. So please be kinder to the next caregiver who so desperately needs help and understanding.
(13)

Lisa, I am so very happy for you, but so sorry to hear about the hail. Glad you are safe. Rebecca
(0)

Hey, Beverly, Lisa is new here, like me. We're just learning the ropes, and so very, extremely grateful for our problems to fall on sympathetic ears and to have helpful advice given. I think Lisa's CAPS were just an indication of how desperately she needed an ear. Not attacking you. Just sayin.
(3)

first of all you are turning people off by the CAPS you wrote--we know you are upset, but please take a deep breath!
second of all, i have a friend who lives with her 93 y.o. father who has always been verbally abusive to her and everyone.
i told my friend to move out and dont take anymore of his crap.
my suggestion to you is the same. good luck
(0)

Counting down now! So good to see your comment this morning. I hope the rest of this ride will be smooth for you. Like Jane, I've got my mug of coffee raised in your general direction.
(3)

We are so glad to hear that the finish line is coming closer! I'm raising a cup of coffee to you, and all supporting you, right now.
(3)

Elisa don't worry about us -we are tough-after all we are or were caregivers-every once in a while we get attacked but the attacker usually ends up badly and usually leave this thread-we were worried about you-I had not heard about the hail storms.
(3)

Hello everyone. I'm so sorry I haven't been here. First I get called into work Sunday because 87 of our buses were damaged in a hail storm here. Worked some 11 hours taking buses to have windshields and mirrors replaced. And had damage to our home and vehicles. And wow! Apparently I missed something interesting. Update: she's still going! One piece of paper is holding this up. And as soon as it gets here I'm personally delivering it to Christian care. I even have some of her things packed to where she will go the very day they tell her it's a go. Then the rest can be packed when she's gone a taken to her in one day. It sounds like all of you were verbally attacked for helping me and I'm so sorry for that. Please don't give up on me. Whatever would I have done if I hadn't found all of you?????? Things are calming down, insurance adjuster will be here wed
(2)

Lisa: It's been 4 days since we heard from you. It feels like a life time. Cattails.
(0)

Lisa, I just wanted to echo Kim's message and say you are still in my prayers.

Rebecca
(0)

Elisa, good night prayers. Kim
(0)

Lisa, are you and your family okay? I have been thinking of our frustrating the wait time must be for you. If you have time, please let us know you are okay. Rebecca
(1)

Judy: I don't know why Sylvester picks your wall to post on, but go back on this thread to his second post where he said he wouldn't read the entire thread and then went on to talk about our ruffled feathers and all the nose punching he would do. As far as I can see, his post is no longer there. My guess is he's the one who got censored and, as a result, his post was removed by the AC powers that be. Maybe they also told him not to post here anymore, so he's now posting on you wall. I'm surprised my post, telling where to put his head, is still there. It was a little over the top and I apologize (not to him) but to all of you for losing my cool. It just happens to me sometimes. Judy, I'm posting to your wall also.

You know, I'm feeling very down that we haven't heard from Lisa. I check my computer constantly waiting to hear back from her. I pray everything is ok and I will be relieved to hear from her no matter what has happened. I know you all feel the same.

Let's kick Sylvester to the curb and focus on Lisa. Everyone say a prayer for her and her family. Love and Hugs, Cattails
(3)

So, after all of that nastiness yesterday, this is a comment I get on my wall, cut and pasted after a hug that I gave Cattails to "neutralize the venom of the posts". Sheesh.
sylvester18 posted on your wall 5/1/2012 at 10:00 am
I will say it again, cattails should not be using expletives on an ELDER CARE site and especially ABOUT an elder. Numbers don't lie, it appears my helpful comments outweigh yours, I guess the majority of the people LIKE venom.
(2)

Om, been away for a few days: elisa, R U stillhanging in there? Hope so. Before coming to this site I was having a crisis of isolation. The luv that has poured out for U, has made me feel re-connected and so much better, and w/o even addressing my issues with my mom. You've gotten some high quality support and informed ideas. Pls don't give up, or let this little sidebar discourage U! I know U won't. U R the lady who overcame huge obstacles, shame n ridicule, and put together a good life 4 Ur self w amazing kids and a spouse whose got UR back, & Ur bikes. Ride like the wind! We can tolerate most anything for a finite
amount of time. Divert and entertain yourself the best way U can until you have your house back. And you WILL get it back! Still rooting for U from NC, kimbee
(0)

Of course we will support Lisa and anyone who does not like it can go to another site-this is a place to vent and show care and concern.
(3)

I don't think there is any doubt we will continue to support Lisa. Just a momentary side trip. Catails
(2)

Thanks, Christina. You're right. Lisa is the focus here. Jeez. Sometimes I just get soooo irritated! I'll shut up and play nice. Jeez. :)
(2)

The battle is between two mindsets. "The one you feed wins."
Individuals who need to vent must find the right place. When a discussion has been ongoing, a new contributor does, in fact, need to realize the history and status before chiming in.
As one who has an objective perspective, I am advocating that each one with a problem STOP-- Step back and shut up. Move on. Those staying, continue to be positive in your support of Elisa. This is about her issue. Start your own thread if you need Personal Attention. Peace, Christina
(4)

Ugh. Oh, jeez. Popping people in the mouth is a great solution, sylvester. Go away. Read some other discussion. Report me. I don't give a crap. You started this juvenile, napoleon complex bull. Go find someone to "pop".
(3)

By the way Sylvester, you can take your male chauvinistic flustered feathers comment and put that with your head and your fists too.
(3)

Sylvester: I meant if you DON'T like the tread. No one is keeping you a prisoner here.
(2)

Sylvester: If you don't want to read from the beginning, that's fine. To offer you a quote, "Go take care of your elder and keep your hateful comments to yourself." If you like the thread then get off of it. As you well know, no one is talking about your mom. Take your manly fists and put them were the sun doesn't shine. If there's room for your head, put it there too. You can take that to the AC powers that be too. Cattails.
(4)

I think anyone who starts at the end of the answers to this question needs to read from the beginning to understand messages and comments. It is a journey we started with Lisa and have grown to know one another well through the journey. Everyone has worried and encouraged Lisa to protect herself and her family. We are all from different locations, so our written responses may be slightly different in content. However, our hearts are in the right place, and we have even hoped this will be a positive change for Lisa's mother. We just want Lisa and her family to be safe (and that includes her mother). Cattails has given some of the most important advice, so she is even closer to the situation. Rebecca
(6)

Sylvester: You are free to report me to the powers that be and are free to go all the way to the top. I don't think I offended Lisa. Maybe you should read from the beginning of this thread before you go ballistic. If you still feel that we are discussing a mean elderly parent, then I question your perception. Peace, Cattails
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter