Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Lisa: Thank you for the wonderful words you shared with the tooth fairy mom. Broke my heart open and tons of stars just poured out. Forgot how beautiful magic can be.

Love you..........., oh shit...........and everyone else too. Cat
(4)

Yep, lots and lots. Did I mention lots and lots?????
(3)

And, Cat, you are a great friend, who we all love right back. Lots.
(4)

Lord have mercy, you are a needy bunch of broads. Lisa, I love you too. Same to everyone else. Hahahahaha. You girls are the light when I need it.
(4)

Oh, tooth fairy update. Took child to her house today and had mom come to bus while big sis took Dallas inside. Told her of the experience this morning with her baby. Mom was as distraught as daughter. Seems the dentist pulled the tooth, and he gives every child a tooth fairy necklace to put it in. Dallas put hers under her pillow with the necklace. So mom pulled the necklace out and put 2.00 in it's place, not ever thinking Dallas would be so upset. She told me " I just don't know how to fix this. I laughed and told her you put that necklace back under the pillow with a note from the tooth fairy. Dear Dallas, while opening your necklace I broke it. So I took it back to my castle to sprinkle my special fairy dust on it. So here it is like brand new. Love, the tooth fairy. Lordy, she walked right up on that bus and hugged me. Poor thing had tears in her eyes. I laughed again and said awww, just years of practice lying to my children. Look me up at Easter, I've got some doosies. Love to all!!!!
(7)

Uh, hellooooo, cat?????
(1)

You girls are the coolest. I love reading all your post. Today, I am just reading and getting my mind off of all the things on my mind. Have a grand evening ladies.
(3)

Oh Judy, I love you too.
(2)

Ahem. Cough. Whistle. Shuffle. Scratch. Look around. Ahem.
...Cat? What about me?
(2)

Hi Survived2,
You are stronger than you think my friend!
Just saw this posting and was wondering how things are going?
I ‘m a caregiver, several of us worked for a lady IDENTICALLY like your Mother.
one of the caregivers thought she was having a nervous breakdown, her Doctor Told her,
OLD PEOPLE DO NOT BECOME MEAN SUDDENLY BECAUSE THEY BECAME OLD..
NO THESE TYPE OF PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MEAN ALL THEIR LIFE, YOUNGER YEARS. THIS CONDITION IS FOLLOWED INTO THEIR OLDER YEARS. ..THEY ARE PREDISPOSITION BEHAVIORS…

SO IF YOU’RE A NICE PERSON IN YOUR YOUNGER YEARS YOU WILL BE A NICE PERSON WHEN YOU BECOME OLD…

I GIVE YOU PROPS!! VERBAL ABUSE IS SO HORRIBLE!!
I HOPE THINGS ARE GOING GOOD FOR YOU.

IF YOU ARE STILL HAVING ISSUES WITH HER,[AND I USE THE WORD HER CAUSE SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THE TITLE OF MOTHER, SHE LOST THAT YEARS AGO FOR WHAT SHE DID TO YOU!]

CALL THE PUBLIC GUARDIAN OFFICE IN YOUR COUNTY, AND HAVE THE STATE TAKE CONTROL MAKE HER A WORD OF THE STATE. END OF STORY PROBLEM SOLVED.

REMEMBER YOU OWE HER NOTHING ZERO DON’T FALL INTO GUILT TRIP.

SHE’S NOT NOW NOR NEVER HAS BEEN YOUR MOTHER. THEY SAY WHEN YOU HAVE A TUMOR YOU CUT IT OUT, YOU JUST CUT OUT THAT TUMOR, IT’S DEAD AND GONE. SHE WAS YOUR TUMOR!!

NOW GO LOOK INTO THE MIRROR, .....
THAT MY DEAR FRIEND IS A TRUE ‘MOTHER’!
YOU ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN HER.

YOU MUST HAVE A GUARDIAN ANGEL PROTECTING YOU FOR ALL THE YEARS OF ABUSE, BECAUSE YOU ARE EVERYTHING SHE IS NOT.

PAY IT FORWARD TO YOUR CHILDREN. :)

YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A WOMAN, WIFE, MOTHER, ..!!!
(1)

Love you Jeanne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1)

Cat, it has been so long, I don't remember!
(1)

Oh, Lisa, that's sweet. She'll probably remember being upset with the tooth fairy for a long time, maybe always. And, you'll be that nice bus driver in her memory, who pulled over because she was so upset.
(3)

I hope that nasty tooth fairy at least left some money. I have lost 27 lbs. 3 to go-how first being so happy with my new friend I was not hungry then he made me so sad I could not eat-but I started in March to look good at the wedding-so it has been a long haul-just keep at it ladies you will all get there. Ladee we want the chicken back.
(2)

Poor Baby, I guess no one told her that sometimes the tooth fairy also takes teeth when they leave money.
(0)

Some humor for ya! I had a five year old get on the bus this morning. Had to pull the bus over because she was crying so hard she was gagging and making herself sick. The problem you ask? THE TOOTH FAIRY STOLE MY TOOTH LAST NIGHT! My ears are still ringing!!!!
(4)

Jeanne: You are lurking. Ok, our KAW sister, tell us, did you smoke after sex. It's just us girls here. Tell us!!!!! We miss you and love you. Come home and say something to us.
(2)

And don't anyone be embarrassed by the amount of weight they have to lose. The year before I left my job, I gained so much weight worrying about all that needed to be done. When we finally settled on a replacement, I had to take her all over the state, introducing her to my contacts and working circle. Lots and Lots of lunches. I gained a ton of weight with all the meetings and all my worries. I came to my new retirement home just a little over 190. Eventually, I went to WW and got down to 155, but then things went wacko with my mom, who eventually passed and I don't know, I just crept back into the pasta bin.

It's always something. Then my dad living with us, bless him. We can only be so good. Give too much in one area, going to pay for it in another.

Well, like I said, a group workout session.
(1)

Judy: The smoking thing makes me recall an old joke. Do you smoke after sex? Answer: I don't know, I never looked.

I'm weighing in at 169 right now. Down from 178. Perfect for me would be 137, but I'd be thrilled with 140. It's just about our health.

Hey girls, I got my hair cut the other day. Had it in a bob cut for some time, but just tired of it. My hair is really thick, so I went for layers. OMG, does it look better. I love it and I'm kind of a blow (don't get carried away) dry girl. It works and it makes me feel better. Hubby loves it.
(5)

No need for embarrassment! I've got a shit ton to lose too. I think lots of us do. I think its an occupational hazard with care giving. And, I have a hard time classifying myself as a "caregiver" since my parents don't live with me and I get breaks from the insanity, unlike lots of people. Some weeks are awesome. Some are hell. But, I do know that they more contact I have with my mother, the more my eating goes whacko. I eat from stress, gain weight, hate myself, so I eat some more because I'm sad, hate myself, hate everyone, eat some more, deal with old people, eat some more. Sheesh. I wish I could find a new stress reliever or comfort thing. Food has got to go. I've been smoking a vapor cigarette this past week too. Its okay. I like my real smokes though. I do miss them. (Maybe I should eat some more!).
(2)

Omg, Judy, yur a riot!!!! And cat, I'm so embarrassed to admit this. But here goes. I need to lose 100 pounds. (now 85) I was already overweight before DQ moved in, but in that 2 year span I actually gained another 60. I'm trying so hard. So tired of not having the energy to do things that Doug and I have always enjoyed. But I have a whole new outlook. I will do it. So yep Judy, count me in on the smoking thighs. Hey, maybe we can get an act on that's incredible.
(2)

Oh, shit... you want me to walk AND talk? Can I smoke? I mean cigarettes. (I just had a vision of my thighs smoking from friction). Nice. Pass the cornbread.
(5)

Congrats, Lisa. Good for you. How much do you want to lose? Gee, maybe this is the year you skip holiday cookies and candy. I know it's a tradition, but maybe it's ok to not put yourself in that spot. On the other hand, doing things with the girls at the holidays is so much fun. I love cookie dough. One for me, one for the cookie sheet, two for me, one for the cookie sheet. You get the idea.

I lost about 10 lbs., then put some on during the week we were with Rick and Cyn. I'm getting close again to the 10lb mark. Weather has been rainy, plus my walking neighbor, the one who is moving, has been so busy and gone part of the time to visit her daughter in Alaska for TG. Her house is empty now, so she is staying at a friends house in the interim.

Warren and I are going to get involved in a gym. He has volunteered to be my new walking partner, but winter weather isn't the best. Maybe the gym for the winter.

Just had a mental picture flash into my head. How about a group counseling session with everyone connected by headphones and working out on the ellipticals. Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Maybe Kimbee could be our leader.
(1)

Wooohooo! That's awesome, Lisa! You and Beth are doing really well. You're losing it and I'm finding it. Atta girls to you both!
(1)

Oh wow!!! Did I really forget to mention my weight loss??? I'm at 15 pounds now. Those shakes are working. Beth has lost 10. It's been 5 weeks. Let's see what happens when Beth, Jen, and myself start our Christmas cookies and candy.
(3)

Jeez. Its about frikkin time you wrote something, Lisa. :)
I'm echoing Cat here, "take care of that kneee and keep us posted."
Cat calls me her "cheese eating friend" because I ratted out a couple of bible thumping negative Nancy's on another thread to the gods of AC. I'm thinking maybe you're really the cheese eater though. Just ask Mary! Hahahaha!
Wish I was there for that corn bread (and cheese). But, even my fat jeans are feeling snug now. Ugh.
Dont be gone so long the next time!
(3)

Lisa: It's good to hear from you. Snicker Snicker, Snort Snort. Take care of that knee and keep us posted. Sending love to you and the family. Give Mary and Ray a huge for me, Bandit too. Cat
(1)

Hi girls!! So sorry I've been Mia for so long. Been working lots of overtime, and by the time I get home and do the things that need to be done, I'm so dang sleepy. 3:30 a.m. Comes early. But I sooooo love those checks!!!
My knee: feeling much better, but there's something definitely going on in that kneecap. I'm really going to try to build the courage to go have it checked out. I'm so dam scared of drs. Doug and Jen told me they'll go with me and stay with me every minute. Pitiful, isn't it? All I can think about is if I need some type of surgery there comes the pain pills. I hate them. After DQ and sibs, I have anxiety even thinking about taking a narcotic.
Ray and Mary: ray has finally been released to have his skin cancer removed from his face after a 5 month delay. Took them their paper this morning, and of course took bandit too. Just makes their day. Mary would not talk at all and I ask what's up Mary? Are you upset with me? Ray chimed in and said no. If she opens her mouth to talk you'll hear how sick she is. WW3 began. Shut up ray!!! Well crap! She's just gotten over being mad at me over lung dr and here we go again. I walked to the kitchen and I heard her tell ray, "see, the tattle tales going to call Doug and Pam!" wel duh. Heeheehee. So I stayed tilled Pam and Doug pulled in. Now I've seen what animal therapy does for nursing homes. So I picked bandit up and put him in her lap. I'm telling you girls, she calmed her ass right down. Just loving on him and telling him what an f---ing tattletales his momma is. Ray and I both walked in the other room covering our mouths. If I could have got a video of her and bandit I swear I would find a way to get it to each and every one of you. All of you know how much ray and Mary mean to me. But sometimes the things she does and says is so freaking funny. As they walked in, I walked out. Doug asked why are you leaving. Well honey, I have your dad for his surgery Thursday. It's your turn. Turnout: called dr emergency number. They picked up prescription and he will see her in his office tomorrow.
The end! I've taken soup I made and froze, and fixin her much loved corn bread and Jen and Chris will take it over when it's ready. They are the only ones who hasn't pissed her off today. Hahahahaha.

Jeanne: thinking of you and holding you close to my heart! , lisa
(4)

jeanne, I am sad to read about Coy. God be with you, gf. You were the most wonderful wife a husband could hope for. {{{{jeannegibbs}}}}
(2)

Kimbee thank you for asking about me my puter broke down and it took a while to find out what caused it to crash-but my son went to a lot of trouble to find out the problem-it was the moniter screen and he got me a new one for Christmas and set it up to get me back to my friends here on AC-boy did I miss you guys-us KAW's can not leave the fold-I could not go back over a weeks worth of posts so I may sound like I am losing it with somethings I say-there was a time when it was easy to catch but now days there are so many threads and so many posters and this being the thrid interupation in my life since SEPT I just can not go back to all I missed again.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter