Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
OMG, it's so crazy to reread an old post from 2 years ago (just a few posts back), and see that NOTHING HAS CHANGED, and I'm still bitchin about the same things! Lol!
(5)

Hello Elisa,
I just received your email, but I see you posted this in 2013. Rather then go into this at length I want to ask you if you are still in the same circumstance.
Midwest
(1)

(0)

Staying couped up in her room is not good for her anyways. The downside is watching her shows. That's what my mother does. Weather channel most of the day..electricity has gone up since she's moved in. I guess we all have our mothers with us at home with different opinions. I love this support group, and I've also learned to "make a decision" before things get out of hand or when I or mom get stressed out. All I know right now I'm caring for my mother until I no longer can..take care of you and your family too.
(2)

folks - this issues has been resolved. In fact the mother here was placed and well cared for in a facility. She has died since. She was a person with very serious mental health issues which made life very difficult for those around her.

Stacey!!! maybe time to make some changes?????
(3)

OH WOW! Thank you for posting. I don't have any answers, I just posted something so similar. I have the same situation, but it's my MIL. Please read my post, at least you'll know your not alone.
(3)

You should feel very good about trying your best to do all you can do provide a safe place for your mom to stay at home with you. Sometimes I feel that no matter what you do it is never good enough. The big issue is also that she is not making your home safe by smoking with the oxygen as well as the other disrespect your going through. I'm glad your going to work on you. Something I need to learn how to do. So glad I found this forum and other people going through what we are. All the best of success to you.
(2)

News across the nation.....Mommy Dearest has totaled her car.....nobody was hurt, she was at fault.
Now what? Will she or will she not buy a car? I hope not. 89 yrs old.
She said after the accident, that when she did her renewal for her drivers license test last Dec., she was told by the examiner, she drives very well for her age.....you know what my comment was to her......that examiner is an Idiot. And so goes my story.....hey everyone, heads up. :)
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter