Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Lord, need to proof read. I'm going back up at midnight. Not doing the vent at midnight. Nite my friends!
(2)

(((((((((Lisa)))))))))) You are doing so well. Your mum is not out of the woods yet, but no matter what happens you should have no regrets. I am so glad you were able to share your beliefs with her. ore (((((((((hugs)))))))). It is good that you are working in some rest etc. Look after you!!!
(2)

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry you are going through all this. Prayers, peace, and love to you.
(0)

i suppose this sounds absolutely horrid, but if my mother were to go into surgery, i would not pray for it to go well. she sent Christmas gifts again, my sister dropped it off yesterday. just dime store junk store crap that i have no use for, only because she enjoys shopping, none of it has anything to do with any of us. she will drop $300 a day on good stuff for herself and then tell my sister that she needs stuff, would Jenn please buy stuff for her. she gave Jenn a 1 dollar bill for Jenn's birthday and asked Jenn for $100 worth of stuff for her own birthday in the same day. i'm going to donate the stuff to the Catholic 2nd Hand Store in town; i do not want anything in my house that reminds me of her. i'd rather contract bubonic plague. the witch is trying to buy my love and i am having nothing to do with her. nothing at all. she burned her bridges.
(1)

Lisa: Some day your mom is going to pass away. When she does, all will be revealed, as they say. She will be given sight by God to see you as you are and to feel the pain she has caused you. It's safer for her to talk about her other children right now, because they are gone and can't comment. They lived in her world, you didn't and thank God for that kindness. I so appreciate the compassion you are willing to extend to her. That's why we all love you so much. You can draw the needed and very necessary line, but you can hold her hand and tell her what she needs to hear when death is closing in. Bless you.

Your mom is so damaged and has such mental illness. I can't imagine living with that all these many years. What a horrible life. You are the one child who was the faithful witness to all that happened. You have a light in you that shines and that is a gift from God. For what ever reason, someone had to witness all this pain and that person was you. Maybe someone on the planet has to be able to see and experience all of this and then have the capacity to forgive. I sure don't know how the universe works or how God works, but maybe those of us who can offer forgiveness form a bridge for others to get them to the other side.

I hate to say this, but if your mom leaving this world frees her of the prison she has lived in all her life, then I hope she can leave and be forgiven and renewed.

Sending you love, my tuna can sister. Just know I am keeping your mom in my prayers for all the right reasons.

Love, Cat
(5)

You are gonna be OK.
(2)

Lisa I have read every word of this thread and said very little. But now I feel compelled to add my two cents again. You have given a beautiful and priceless gift of comfort to your mother, despite her history of making that dang near impossible for you. Your words to her before her last surgery, your graciousness and living grace inspire me in my own struggles to be the daughter-in-law my beloved hubby deserves. Lisa we should all be so blessed as to have a "you" in our lives. You live the Word, tuna-girl. Blessings. You can drive my bus any day. I send you and your my love.
(5)

Hi everyone. Thank you for those kind words. Every word I'm holding close to my heart. I made it to the hospital by 2:30. The vent is off and for a couple of hours she held her own. Then her oxygen level dropped low. Out of her head. Did not know me. Kept calling me rae and talking about my cousins. Toilet on the ceiling, told me to go home and put a g..dam bra on. Remember those fit of giggles I go into at absolutely the most inappropriate times? It must have gotten really contagious because the whole icu staff were rolling with me. One told me how refreshing, because usually family are crying because they don't understand this behavior. She told me to get my ass to my room and wait for her. Uh oh. Hahahahaha.they got respiratory back down there stat and put her on a c- pap. Levels started climbing. So that's where we stand she's stabilized again. So Doug and I just got home from chapel house with last load. That's all done now. Waiting for the rain to stop some so we can unload the car. I've been there nearly every hour of the day since Friday. They have my numbers and told me they will call if her condition worsens in any way. Don't remember the last time Doug and I stole an afternoon nap. But that's our plan. Love to everyone! KAW rule!!!!!!!
(8)

I hope the best for you and yes those fits of giggles are good for the soul. Get in your nap as you deserve it.
(1)

Lisa: Heading to the airport. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, Cat
(0)

Have a magical time cat!!! Make some great memories!!!
(1)

Lisa I am smiling, wishing you sweet dreams during nap times and even better waking moments. The giggles in an icu help everybody there---even your mom, somehow, some way. I believe they even help your mom somehow.
(1)

Thinking of you today Lisa and lifting you and your family in prayer.
(1)

Today is Coy's birthday. I'm sad.
(1)

oh Jeanne, i'm sorry. i wish i were there to hug you. i know that the year ahead will be filled with days like this. Did anyone send you a card today?
(1)

(Bookworm) Karen's mom passed on in her sleep sometime last night. She noted it on her profile and I just picked up on it about 15 minutes ago. Prayers.
(2)

Pamula thank you for letting us know-I hope all the sibs were able to be there.
(1)

I know she had an older sister living with her.
(0)

Lisa, are you OK?
Karen, are you getting through this at least semi OK?
Jeanne, I am glad to see you posting, you always give such great advice! But how are You doing?

Praying for all my KAW friends and sending love.
(1)

Thank you Pamela, I have been wondering the same, How is everyone doing?
(1)

Karen, Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Cathorn
(2)

i'm heading down the same road soon and will use this info for sure
(1)

Have a frank talk and tell her behave or she has to go to another family member or into care.
Rules is rules my darling, and if she breaks them and is anti-social, well, pack it in.
We are not saints, we are humans who have a threshold point, and why put yourself in a box over this appalling behaviour.
Many of these old people would have died through all kinds of other illnesses and doctors can sometimes do too much.
Many do not wish to continue to live as well.
I really feel sorry for you, but you need to take control, if she behaves like a child, then you have to tell her you too will have to treat her like a child.
If that all fails, make the call, and say you have had enough....
(1)

angiiii - if you read back through the thread you will see that Survived2 made the calls and arranged to have her mother placed elsewhere quite some time ago. She took control, and did, and still does what is necessary to protect herself and her family, and see that her mother has the best care available. You need not feel sorry for her - she is a winner!
(3)

Joan well said Lisa is a winner-at ,least my mother did say thank you June for a glass of water before her stroke-I was the last person she talked to before her death.
(2)

To All
Been reading for the last 2.5 days. The entire thread. It amazes me how we as adult children suffer the abuse that these parents bestow upon us.
I had my mother stay with me for 2 months in California and I just about lost it. I needed to vent and see if I was the only adult daughter who was having such difficulties with a parent and I found this site. I also started a blog: "adult daughters of narcissistic mothers." It's all about them.
I finally cut the ties. My mother went back to Chicago and I don't call her. She calls me. She leaves voice messages, as to "Why I don't talk to her?" She has to be in such denial.
I have heard the same ugly words that Lisa has and I was physically abused as well.
My mother left in January 2012 and I'm still working thru the hurt, the rejection and trying to make piece within myself. I don't think I will shed a tear when she dies. She was mean and nasty to me. She wants to blame it on age and her illness. No dice. She always was mean spirited, all her life.
I have been reading all the post and I was in my PJ's yesterday all day. Got coffee, read, made breakfast and had it on my desk while reading. Lunch, reading, reading and reading......finally I had to run and meet a friend for dinner, came back and started reading more............. Lisa..... I have been there where you'v been, my only problem has been that in the last 12 years since I divorced I have been on my own. My ex was great at being my buffer from my Mother. You still have Dough.
Distance is the only way I know how to handle my situation. The less contact the better. It makes me sad because I really don't have anyone. My children are in another state and they have disconnected them self from my mother. She was over bearing and demanding to a point that my kids fled from her.
Like you, I believe I'm still in the mids because she is still alive and I don't know how this will play out, but for now I'm keeping my distance. I have an Uncle, her brother he is keeping me informed via my Aunt.
Ahhh Mothers Day, I'm struggling with Mothers Day. I ask myself do I call or send a card? Or do nothing. I don't have the warm and fuzzy feeling and yet I feel guilty. She instilled guilt in me. This woman said to me twice in my life time: "I wish you were never born, you bastard." Once when I was 17 yrs old and the other time, December 29th, 2012 and I'm 63 years old. Can you imagine? What possess a mother to be so hateful to her child. I'm her only child. I'm numb.
I can go on and on, but I know all of you know that we have mothers from hell. We just have to deal with it.
Other than that, I want to say I have enjoyed all of you giving your input and then some.
I do have a blog on here and I have communicated with some Ladies and Gentlemen, they were wonderful and I just have been laying low and working on myself.
God is good.
Question:
To call, send card for Mothers Day? Or do absolutely nothing? And what do the Kick Ass Girls say?
(5)

No matter what, shes still your mother. She gave you life, and took some of it away from you too it seems. When she is finally gone, you will never have another chance to wish her HMD. Be the better person, and have no guilt or baggage later when can no longer say HMD. send her a generic card, and don't attach the warm and fuzziness greeting that you're not feeling. Just "give" her what you can, and nothing more. Good luck, and you sound so battered. My heart goes out to you so much,
(0)

Mid do what your heart says if you feel you need to send a care there are generic one-believe me I found them -I am a KAW and I know what you are talking about-our Mom told my sister she was a mistake and me she put me down all the time and beat the crap out of me when I was young-and I was the one who stayed at the hospital for one whole week before her death-I was blessed to have great friends I could call-the hospital was 150 miles from where I live. If she knew I am wearing lots of her clothes now-I can just imagine what she would say-that kind of abuse changes who we are later in life-if you need to detatch from her I would agree with you.
(2)

Calicaregiver and 195Austin- I'm running out the door and buying a generic card.
(3)

generic cards are great I gave them to the husband-could not find one that said-I really do not even like you but got as close to it as possible.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter