Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Right, Lisa, you cannot care for her anymiore. Prayers for this transition to be as smooth as possible.
(2)

Lisa do not dare take her back or I will put in in that darn black hole-if you do not know what I am talking about we will clue you in-and she instigated it herself-God's providence good ridence-we want details when you get a chance-maybe you will have a good Mother's day after all.
(3)

She's gone for good. Social worker at hospital was near tears when we talked. And why am I crying. In a bad spot emotionally but I promise I'll be back here in a few hours.
(4)

I caught myself crying today when my mother started one of her tricks. I imagine we are both crying because we want the type of mother so many other people seem to have, and we both know we have lived with a form of hell for most our lives. We are grieving for what we did not have but deserved. However, we are strong women who can help others, so remember how much you are loved and that you are not the one with the problem: your mother is. Love and Happy Mother's Day - Rebecca
(10)

Elisa, I have been reading this from the begining... what awesome support you have.... and now she is gone.... you are to be applauded, hugged, and hugged some more for what you endured before all this started, much less what you have gone thru since posting the first time.... I do understand the tears... please know you are loved and honored.... hope your experiance has set a precedent for others that need thier eldes out of their house..... HAPPY MOHTER's Day... Enjoy your family... and I'll be thinking of you.... job well done.... very well done...
(4)

Prayers to you!!!!!
(2)

Cry all you need to, Lisa. It's been a living hell, but she is out. Out! Enjoy your mothers day and then Monday rent a short term storage facility. Move everything she owns into it. (I'd say do it tomorrow but I know you have happier mother's day plans). Call the painter and the carpet guy for estimates. Get yourself to Lowes and pick a paint color. Do it through tears if you need to. When she finally gets into where ever she will live next, you can let go of the storage room.
You hung in there. You did everything right. We are so proud of you. I have tears in my eyes because it happened, and you didn't need to wait for a room to open up! She will never live in your home again.
Crying isn't just sadness. I think of it as emotional weather, same as a rain storm. It comes through and passes on. Nothing to worry about, it's not monsoon season. It's just life, getting better.
(8)

Lisa! What a long, hard, dark road you have traveled, but you are in the clearing now and can finally enjoy the sunshine. Go outside, take a long walk, take time to re-connect with the world around you -- the good part. I hope you have the best Mother's day ever. Make it all about you. God Bless!
(3)

Hi my name is jen, I am my mothers daughter. I cannot thank u women enough for what uve done for my mom my gma is gone and we can finally have some peace . We did good today she's my hero
(12)

Hi my name is jen, I am my mothers daughter. I cannot thank u women enough for what uve done for my mom my gma is gone and we can finally have some peace . We did good today she's my hero
(4)

Hello my friends! As you can see I got hacked! Twice!!! I think I have to tell my story a little bit at a time. Honestly, I'm not doing real well with this. When Jennifer and I got to the hospital? I literally had to speak to at least 10 people in the er to get thru to them I needed the social worker to come speak with me. And each one asked may I ask why. When I told them why? I was given such looks of contempt I was cringing. Then we had a male nurse sitting behind the desk that said mam I understand and I've called for the social worker. I understand what is happening to you. Then he told Jen and I his story. His dad was 47 years old, paralyzed in a wheelchair and still managed to beat his mother. His mother would rather take the beating than take the verbal abuse. All of these nurses and doctors know my mother from the many times ems brought her in, and thought she would have a better life in my home. Thank god I told Jen to get the pictures I took of her bedroom. At first, the social worker told me she would have to be released to me. My daughter stepped forward and said no you will not. Jen said I'm her hero? My friends, my daughter is MY HERO! mom refused to talk to the social worker. She came to the waiting room and sat down and listened to my story. I told her everything. I wish with all my heart I didn't have to say it in front of jen. But that's what real parents do. No matter what age, we protect our children. And the woman knew I was speaking from my heart. And she looked at me and told me you go home and have a wonderful mothers day with your family. She will not be sent back to your home. We stood up and hugged each other. She said please you have been thru so much, go to counciling. I insisted she write down this website. I asked her to recommend it to caregivers. I have to stop here. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the nephew. Please know I love each and everyone of you. I never would have made it to today without you. I would still be sitting here in agony trying to figure it all out. God bless you!!!!
(6)

Welcome Jen, and we wish you and your wonderful mom the best Mother's Day ever, with many, many more that keep getting better with each year. Its been a long hard journey for your mom, but she is so blessed to have you and your wonderful dad who have helped her along the way. Blessings to you all!
(5)

Elisa I am so glad you turned to this group for help that is what we are here for-isit is so good to have a successful outcome you are my hero-now take some time to decompress -you did great girlfriend and soon you will pay it forward and be a great help to others.
(3)

(((((Lisa))))) - that was not easy, but you hung in there. So glad that male nurse got it, and the social worker too. The tension from this will take time to work its way out of your system, but you can breath deeper now, I think. Hope today goes very well for you. Jen - you are a treasure! ((((hugs))) to you too.
(2)

Elisa- hope all went well and you get to rest today... keep us posted
(1)

Lisa, you made me cry and smile at the same time. I'm happy that its over and sad that it was so gut-wrenching for you. Even in the end, you had to fight to be understood.
Jen - you're amazing - like your mom. Strong, admirable.
Enjoy today! xx, Judy
(3)

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!!
(6)

Your family has become our heroes, too. Blessings to all of you.
Rebecca
(2)

I received a call from the nurse at the hospital last night. They did admit her. Same as always. Complications due to copd. The nurse wanted to verify her Meds with me. It seems mom pled confusion on her dosages. So I set the nurse straight. Of course I don't mind you calling me, but unless she's had a stroke?, there is nothing wrong with her mind. She very well knows every one of her medicines and her dosages. You are being played. Oh no no no, she hasn't had a stroke. But I went thru the Meds with her because she has a job to do. The nephew still hasn't shown to pick up her bag to take to hops. This time he says after dinner. Whatever. So many emotions today and the huge knot in my stomach still there. I must have looked a wreck yesterday because I've had calls from my sister in laws just wanting me to know I did the right thing. One who went back to Alabama today and called from the grocery. Hadn't even made it to her house yet. And today is so hard for her because she lost her husband 1 year ago today. So we agree we will do one more call before bedtime. :))))) I still need to see my aunt rae to tell her what I've done. I don't want to do it over the phone so I'll go to her house after my morning run. She's 72 and I'm scared shell go to the hospital and be verbally attacked by her. She's tuff but her feelings are hurt so easily. She loves me and I'm confident she will understand that I had to do this. We will be packing her things this week and move them to the garage to be moved to her new residence. What a huge task ahead of us. I haven't called her today because I know it will only turn vicious. I'm to bed soon. So tired. My mothers day has been great. I'm so spoiled and so very blessed. I've cried a couple of times today, and Doug and the girls just look at each other but they understand. Don't ask why, or no I can't believe you're crying over this. They simply realize it just is. I was just thinking earlier that cats sure gonna be surprised when she gets home from her visit with Amanda. And jeannegibbs? Can't wait to hear from her. Thanks so much for your support since my post yesterday girls. You keep me strong. Love to you all!
(7)

We are all here for you and please take care of yourself.
(5)

you echoed my thoughts, austin. Take care of you, Lisa, do what you have to with her stuff, So good that the in laws are behind you. This whole episode will be behind you soon too, after a few flurries to get new boundaries established. She will still try to jerk your chain, but is less able to now. It will work out. (((((hugs))))
(4)

The tears are not a bad thing because it means that knot of misery inside you is melting. We are here for you if you need us. Love Rebecca
(7)

I am so glad that you have a loving, understanding family. Online support is all well and good and I know you appreciate us. But nothing beats a husband who lets you cry when you need to, and a daughter who gardens with you, and in-laws who care. This isn't over yet for you, but you are doing great, and the rest is just pesky details.

It must be particularly hard to have to explain the situation again and again, to social workers and nurses and who knows who else will ask. You are considerate to remember that they have jobs to do.

Continued best wishes, and keep us informed as you have a chance.
(6)

Lisa you did what you needed to do. Cry a few more times then pick up and move her out. Jen you did good. Jen sound like a young lady after my own heart. She sticks up for her mom!!!!!!. Good luck to you and keep us posted. God Bless
(2)

Today Beth experienced her first off day in 2 years with the house to herself. What a change in her. She said mom I'm not being mean but it was nice cause I didn't have gma hollering from her room for me all day. :)))) I guess just for so long I've dreaded coming home that both times today it hit me when I would pull into the drive. She's not here. When I walk in tonite I have a beautiful card waiting for me that my sister in law brought and left in the door. It has the footprins verse and she gave me a charm with the footprints verse. " when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you" then when she signed the card it was, you are not alone. We're here for you. So many blessings.
(8)

I am so happy for you and so glad you were able to share with us all what you were going through when you first told us all about this -it gives hope to others going througt very rough times with caregiving and letting us way in with our thought and opions and probably more advice than you needed at times-you were so strong and sharing your experiences have help lots of others I am sure-now take time for yourself you have been through so much for so long and please keep in touch with us here.
(1)

My nephew just called. They are releasing mom from the hospital tomorrow. Social worker at hospital is tring to arrange for her to go to chapel house for her transition into her apartment there. But they couldn't get ahold of the social worker at Christian care. Of course the question came. Can she come back here till the move. No. Already my shoulders are feeling lighter. The atmosphere in my home for the first time in 2 years is one of hope. So he will take her to his house and his wife is furious. Going to stay at her mothers till she's gone. My mom has been nothing but insulting and cruel to the young woman. She should be thankful she's even letting her into their home for a short period of time. What a mess. So I'll use my break between runs tomorrow to fix her up with enough clothes to last her the week along with her oxygen and Meds and breathing machine. Just one thing after another. We've come this far and we'll make it thru this.
(5)

And everytime you say NO in the future you are more empowered... Happy to hear the house feels like a home again.... prayers for your continued strength.... hugs and angels..
(4)

Hello Lisa: THE CAT IS BACK!!!! I didn't anticipate being on line this evening as I knew I would be tired after the flights and drive home. The first thing I did, however, was turn on my computer and catch up on the posts here.

Thank God she is gone from your home!!! Like Jeanne, I am so sorry that you had to go thru the BS with the emergency people, but so grateful that you had the ability to sit down with the social worker and explain your situation. Good for Jen to speak up too.

I can understand your crying. It's a different kind of tears than the ones of frustration and anger that you have shed before. I think these tears come from knowing that it is safe. You don't have to put up all the emotional walls just to live in your own home. How exhausting is that and you've done it for 2 years. You don't have to steel yourself to walk in the front door. Beth and Jen are safe from your mom's daily assaults. You husband can go to work and not worry about what is happening at home.

Also, somewhere in the mix of all this, there has to be sadness. Sadness that your mom is who she is and sadness that you and your family had to have this daily nightmare for so long. It's probably hard to even believe that she is gone.

If you let yourself be open to them, I think there will be more tears. They are cleansing and necessary, so don't feel embarrassed or uncomfortable with them. It's completely normal and rational. Give yourself time to feel your way through the aftermath. If you are so inclined, keep a journal. I think you might find it helpful; a private place to share your thoughts and emotions. Sometimes that helps.

Lisa, good for you!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and so proud of you. You found your way, made decisions and changed your life. What more could any human being do for their personal good and the good of those you love?

It's this Saturday, right, that she moves into her new abode? Or is that still up in the air due to her check issue? Whatever the case, she isn't moving back into your house and really, that's all that matters. It will get resolved.

Personally, I don't think I would take on guardianship for her or be her POA. I'm just shooting from the hip on this, but I don't see any reason under the sun for you to have to be involved with her. If she needs a guardian, the State will appoint one for her. Wash your hands of this, it will never get better.

We'll all talk more about this, but for now, let me just say I am so happy you and your family are free of her.

I had a great time with my Granddaughter and it was special to be in her company on Mother's day. Met all of her husband's to be family and they went out of their way to have a big family dinner so I could meet all the clan. I can't tell you how much I love that young lady. It's so hard for me to believe that she is 22 years old. It seems like yesterday that she was just a little thing and such a daily part of our life. Of course she still is, but not so little anymore.

Love to all and glad to be here.

Cattails.
(2)

Lisa good for you not taking her back-are they crazy for even asking? You stay strong.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter