Follow

As workers, we all need a break to keep our sanity. What do you like to do for a break everyday? For me, walking helps. Also, relaxing on the sofa, Highly recommend.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
As soon as Mom goes down for her nap, I grab my camera, head outside, and do some bird/nature shots, then sit down and do the post-processing. Love my photography!
(2)

I never thought I’d be here, but...here I am. This is all so new for me. It’s been not even a month. My partner’s behavior changed abruptly on 28 December 2018. I saw it coming, but didn’t recognize it... I had gone into the city for a visit to a museum and lunch. When I returned I found him waiting in the garage. He had been there all day...it’s been a whirlwind. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer....and the drama began...
We spend lots of time together. We walk together...and talk...but...in the evening after the sundowner drama. I Sit. Quietly. I Breathe. I Listen to the Silence. I See the Bigger Picture...the Process of Life, Aging, and Death. I am Grateful to be here to see My Partner through these difficult times. I am Happy to Be Alive.
(3)

Cwillie, I also go out in the morning while my dad is resting. I agree, it's fine. When I'm back, I help him prepare for the day.
(1)

Today I got up early and enjoyed the sunrise with some coffee. Would have gone out onto the deck to really get into it but too cold this time of year. It was fantastic!
(2)

When I took care of my dad - a short walk in his woods, or just a breather outside with the birds and fresh air - or late at night having a toddler tantrum - outside in the woods, screaming and kicking at the ground - it felt pretty good.
(4)

I used to go out for a 30 - 45 minute walk/run while my mother had her morning nap, just being outside plus the exercise was a huge stress relief. Some people will say I shouldn't have left her alone, but I knew she couldn't get up on her own and IMO the chances of a fire or natural disaster happening while I was away were infinitesimal.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter