Follow

Even with the dramatics, it's heart wrenching.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I posted about this program yesterday. Have it recorded, but cannot wait to watch it.
(2)

GardenArtist, aside from her being a great actress she is very involved with politics and the aging. I had trouble with the segues also, but I took away that a lot of people with alzheimers still have issues from their past and mixing it in with the now and it's just sad.
The daughter loses it and you could tell it was killing her inside.
When my close friend's dad had started declining and I started reading up on it-one thing stood out to me and that is try to remember even though they may not remember you or who you are, you still remember them.
It is a cruel disease and that is why this group is so important.
I wish there were more funding and help for anyone who has it and their families.
(2)

Thanks for this, GardenArtist. I saw the description of the program in our local PBS station guide and it sounded very interesting but also very intense. I’m not sure I could handle it right now (too much COVID stress) but I’d be interested in seeing Glenda Jackson’s performance someday when life is calmer. I saw her as King Lear in NYC a couple of years ago and she was amazing. You couldn’t take your eyes away from her on stage.
(0)

It is, and it's painfully emotional.   Sometimes it's hard to follow with the segueing back and forth from current to past times, but the follow-up discussions afterward offered some perspective.

Still, it's very difficult to watch; it brought back so many memories that I've tried to rationalize and put in perspective.   I did think it offered great insights into reactions of others.  

It will be aired again more than a few times, and I will watch it, hopefully with better insight and less emotion, but it really was unsettling.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter