Follow

My FIL, Joe, passed away Wednesday afternoon after fighting his battle with Alzheimer’s. He was officially diagnosed with this terrible disease three years ago, but looking back, the signs were there for a couple of years prior to a neurologist assigning a name to it.

The last two years, he lived in a wonderful memory care facility. They took great care of him and did things for him our family was not physically or emotionally able to do.

People on this site often ask about the timeline before passing, In our case, my FIL became very week and was unable to walk the last year. He became a two person transfer from his bed to his wheelchair or recliner. He slept a lot. The last six months, he made noises, but his speech was not understandable and he
ate puréed food. He completely quit eating or drinking 6 days before passing. On the fourth day after no food or water, the hospice doctor told us we were counting days not weeks before Joe would go to be with the Lord. Two days later, he passed. The suffering is over.

God bless each of you as your loved one continues this journey.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I am sorry for your loss. God bless you.

Hugs!!!
(0)

Mjs
So sorry for your loss. I’m glad his suffering has ended.
(1)

Thank you for sharing your story. Peace and ❤️
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss
(1)

So very sorry, he is now at peace.
(2)

My condolences. Thanks for sharing the timeline. I think many folks will find your story helpful as loved ones near the end of life.
(2)

I'm so sorry to see about your FIL. Please accept my condolences. Those final days must be so hard to go through for the family. I hope that hospice was of help to you all. I appreciate you posting. Prayers and hugs for you and your family.
(1)

I am sorry for your loss. God bless your family and Rest In Peace Joe. Thanks for sharing the timeline. It helps.
(0)

I too offer my condolences for your loss, and hope that you can find peace as you go forward, remembering only the good times.
(0)

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you have good memories of your father-in-law.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter