Follow

Our daughter just contacted us yesterday and told us she had to find a new place to live temporarily because her roommate’s mom has tested positive for Covid. The mom moved in with them awhile back after her roommate’s dad died.

I’m a little nervous at this time. My daughter has diabetes and other health issues that put her at a higher risk for Covid. I hope she wasn’t contaminated.

Please say an extra prayer for my daughter, her roommate and the elderly mom. I am trying to be strong but naturally I am concerned.

I just feel like I need some encouragement. I love my daughters so very much. My other daughter is taking final exams. She’s almost done with school and will graduate this year.

I wanted my oldest daughter to stay with us. She does not want to put us in danger. We are over 60 and I have asthma. I know she shouldn’t be with us. I just miss my kids.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
((((Hugs)))) to you and prayers for your daughter!
(1)

Prayer gone up
(2)

I wish none of us would ever have heard the words Covid-19 or coronavirus. It’s hard to deal with. It’s so sad seeing people sick, die, out of school and work, and on and on. It’s unnerving and tough feeling vulnerable.
(5)

Thanks, so much, Barb and JoAnn. I am crying but trying so hard to be strong and not think the worst.

I keep thinking of the first time I saw her beautiful little face.

You know, it’s hard. I waited forever to be a mom. All the years, struggling with fertility issues. I went through hell and back. When I looked at her precious little face, I forgot all of the previous pain and just saw her. I was so happy to be her mom.

My many years of waiting to be a mom ended with one incredible phone call to tell us that we were finally parents. We got on a plane the next morning to pick her up at the adoption agency in Texas. The plane ride back people kept telling me how great I looked for just having a baby. LOL, I was a size 2!

Want to hear something funny? That first day with her. I stared at her all day and night long. I just couldn’t stop looking at her sweet little face. She was six weeks old and absolutely precious!

I was in shock. Our dream of having a child came true. Seven years later I got pregnant with our second daughter. I found out shortly after returning home from a trip to New York.

Hahaha, my best friend took one look at me and told me that I was pregnant! I thought she was nuts. Talk about a sixth sense. I told her, nah, we did so much in NY and I was just run down and felt like I caught a stomach bug. Wasn’t a bug, was a baby! I had burned a candle in the back of St. Patrick’s in NY for a second baby. We were almost ready to mail in the paperwork for our second adoption but I was out of stamps to mail. My friend said, “You are pregnant. Do a pregnancy test! I want you to have good maternity care.” She wouldn’t shut up about it so I told her that I would do a pregnancy test. She was right! How did she know? I was skinny! Not showing at all and I was three months pregnant when they did the ultrasound.

Both are miracles! One born in my heart through adoption, the other grew under my heart in my womb. The love is identical for each of them, absolutely no difference. I was asked that question over and over when I did volunteer work with the adoption agency.

I did outreach work for years and would be asked if I loved our biological child more. That question was always like a knife going through my heart because I never saw any difference. I always answered with the same answer, saying that love is love. My love for each of my girls was exactly the same.

You want to hear something else that is funny? My daughter tells me that we loved her so completely that she forgets that she is adopted. She says’ “You’re my mom and dad.”

She has to tell her physicians for her health records but she says that is the only time she remembers that she is adopted.

I did tell her that open adoption wasn’t legal when we adopted her so I didn’t have much medical information for her which makes me sad. Kids deserve to have their medical history.

The agency where we adopted now has open adoption but they didn’t a long time ago. Her bio mom and dad did not sign the registry that was set up to make a match for those who desire to meet, so my daughter hasn’t been able to meet them. Maybe one day.

I sent pictures of my daughter to the agency while she was growing up and they forward them to the birth mother, but they won’t reveal the biological parent’s identity. By law they are protected.

I understand but I hurt for my child. Children have questions and she can’t have her questions answered.
(3)

My husband and I say the Rosary every day at 4 ET for those suffering the consequences of Covid19.

We will remember her today and in the days following. Hopefully she is taking good care of herself.

Peace to you both.
(1)

Thank you, Ann. I say the rosary too.
(1)

Sorry for rambling. I’m concerned and I guess it’s getting to me. I think I will go take a walk. I need to get this pent up frustration out.

Thanks to all of you. I really appreciate the support this site offers. It does help.
(2)

(((((hugs)))) need. A walk is good. I understand your concern. She is your baby. Prayers for protection and healing of roommate's mum and a safe place for your daughter.
(1)

Oh, yes, many prayers your way for sure. I will say prayers for you, your daughter and all that are involved. I absolutely despise this virus. She sounds like a charming young lady. Let's hope all is well. I get the thing about having diabetes. Is she Type I or II? I think she's making sense with not staying with you due to your asthma. Still, I get where you're coming from. Please post how things are going. Also, I have been reading more and more positive things about treatments, so, that gives me some encouragement.
(1)

HeedHelpWithMom,
My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter, roommate and elderly mom. I will light a candle today. Hugs.
(2)

NeedHelpWithMom, sorry I spelled your name wrong. My family and I just lit a candle and said a special prayer for all of you. The candle will burn for one hour. God bless you all!
(1)

needhelpwithmom, what a lovely story about both of your daughters!!! You are an AMAZING Mom!! I will keep your older daughter in my thoughts and prayers that she is safe and finds a safe place to live. Thoughts and prayers to you also, needhelpwithmom!!!
(1)

I am sending prayers your way. Remember this: your daughter is young and strong. My DD is a nurse on the front lines in a downtown hospital working in a Covid unit. She had the virus in early January and survived it, even WITH bad asthma as a pre existing condition. She too is young and strong (27); her fiance had it, and so did my son and his wife, and they all came through it just fine.

Let's look at the worse case scenario here, and that is that your DD does become symptomatic. They have made A LOT of strides with treatment these past few months, including a few drugs which have proven effective for treatment. Remdesivir is one that seems to have a very good outcome with patients who have severe symptoms.

My Aunt is in her mid 80's and was put into a rehab SNF in NYC for mobility issues stemming from the loss of a kidney and the beginning of the shut down of the other. While in rehab, she contracted a severe case of COVID19. The doctor gave her Hydryoxychloraquine with Zithromax and she's had a FULL recovery, and is back in the regular population getting PT and OT so she can go home. True story: Very old woman with cancer who lost a kidney and only has ONE barely functioning kidney, and RECOVERED from this virus.

I thought you might like to hear some GOOD news stories for a change from the horror show we've been subjected to from the mass hysteria of the media. They are a disgusting bunch, aren't they? You have to search high and low for happy stories with good endings these days, but there are lots of them.

As of now, there are 1,190,967 RECOVERIES from the virus globally, and 185,049 in the USA.

Stay strong and keep the faith. Sending you a big hug and lots of extra prayers, my friend.
(9)

Prayers for your daughter! And for you!
(2)

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the prayers and I keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. If my daughter didn’t have underlying health issues I wouldn’t be as concerned. Sunny, it’s type 2 diabetes. She also has Chron’s, allergies to certain antibiotics, anemia and so on.

I went for a walk along the river today. It’s warm out but it was nice. I guess I will make a salad and sandwich for our dinner. I’m not real hungry.

Will chat soon. Bye. 💗
(2)

Oh my word, my daughter chipped her tooth while crunching ice. Do any of you crunch ice? My kids have always done this. Why? My husband and I do not crunch ice. Some of their friends do it too.

So, now she has a dental appointment. Grrrrr. She’s moved into her new place but I don’t know how she’s feeling, other than the chipped tooth at this point. She couldn’t chat long. She was headed out to the dentist.

My younger one is taking her last final exam ever! Yay! Then she gets her diploma in the mail. She’s very out of sorts. Her little dog has Cushing’s disease. The tumor is inoperable. He isn’t responding to his meds. He’s starting to fall down and suffer so she will have to put him down. It’s sad. The vet says it’s time. She can’t bear to see him suffer like this.
(1)

NeedHelp, all strongest, bestest, most magical prayers are on your way!!

Your story was so beautiful to read, and I have no doubts that it will be still a story full of joy, for a very long time to come!

I'd like to share this with you. All of us in Milan are going through it - meaning catching one form or another of this virus - we all have had, are having, or had symptoms. Not the psychological ones, the real ones. All the people that got it that I know who were under 65 healed completely, and they are many now. You feel bad for a couple of weeks, you really freak out, then you DO feel better. Sometimes, like in my case, the symptoms come back, then go away again. But I'm sure now that in this way we are building immunity, slowly but steadily, into our system.

What we are doing atm is focusing on strenghtening our immune system at the max. There is a lot of scientific literature available now of which supplements really help. If you want I can send you the list of what my mom and I are taking. I feel 100% good again now. :))

A warm, warm hug to you and to your daughter

x Arwen
(5)

Thanks, Awren. Yes, please send. It will be so nice when all of this is behind us.

Thanks again to everyone. I appreciate your kindness and prayers. It means a lot to me.
(2)

Praying for your daughter, and for you, NHWM. I loved your story of your daughters. I know that this post is a few days old, and your fear may have subsided by now. There were several really great replies to your post. It is true that not everyone who contracts the coronavirus dies from it, but our fear will automatically jump to that result. Even those who are immunocompromised, like your daughter, can recover.

That aside, at this point it’s just fear of some future event that may or may not happen. Take several, deep breaths, and bring yourself back to the present. Beside the tooth, how is your daughter now, in the present? Is she healthy, able to converse with you and go about her daily activities? Every time the fear rises up, bring yourself back to NOW. It is my belief that NOW is the only time we can feel God’s strength, encouragement, and power. Jesus taught us to pray for our daily bread, which means more than just physical food, but spiritual food also. The point is, Daily! When we project our fears into tomorrow and the future we are left without defenses because we can only receive spiritual sustenance in the NOW. For today, your daughter is well. Trust God to take care of tomorrow.

I understand your fear, because I, too, have a daughter who is part of the “vulnerable” population. My goodness, she has been diagnosed with so many disorders known by acronyms! All of them come under the dysautonomia umbrella. In the last six years, she has been diagnosed with five disorders. For today, she is managing them all and functioning as a wife, mother and daughter. For that, I am grateful. The day before the shutdown, she was placed on indefinite medical leave by her cardiologist. The next day, her school shut down and all teaching went online, which she is able to do, so she continues to draw a paycheck and fulfill her contract. We are grateful for these mercies in the midst of all this.

I think we may have all been surprised by our reactions to life events during this time. I know, I have been. I am normally, a calm, cheerful, easygoing person, who rarely gets upset, and almost never cries, but I’ve had two meltdowns since this started that surprised me and really scared my family! They didn’t last long, and you know, try as I might, I can’t even remember what the last one was about! I do remember that my daughter prayed over me the most beautiful prayer on the phone, that left me filled with joy and peace. I wish I could have recorded it to play back, just to marvel at the beauty and power in it. By the end of the conversation, I was laughing with her!

As to your daughter chewing on ice. This could be her anemia. I think it is a manifestation of “pica”. My daughter was forever doing this also, until recently her anemia got so bad that she had to have two iron infusions, and now she has no desire to chew ice anymore! When is the last time she had the full battery of blood tests where they not only check iron levels, but ferritin also. My daughter’s had gotten so low that she was close to renal failure. Whew! It’s late! Bye for now, neighbor!
(2)

NHWM, I will pray for them, and for you to have peace in your heart. I look forward to any update...
(2)

Prayers for your daughter and your family-hugs!
(1)

Prayers for all of you.
(1)

My prayer list is SO LONG now, that I just take a moment during prayers and ask for peace and strength for all the people I am trying to remember.

God knows who we mean. He is a loving God and cares about us all.
(5)

Thanks to everyone for your prayers. As soon as I have an update I will post. My love to all and please remember that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers 💗.
(2)

Will be praying, and will add her to my prayer list. I will have some of my prayer warrior friends do so too.
(1)

Prayers sent to you & your family.
(2)

Your daughter will be in my prayers and thoughts!

Hugs!
(2)

NHWM,

If your daughter has even half of your strength, grit, and fortitude then she is going to be fine!

My thoughts are with you and your family!
(3)

Thinking of you & your DD Needhelp. We’re all here for you ❤️
(3)

I only just saw you post & wanted to say I am thinking of you tonight.

Are there enough tests yet that your daughter could get one for just being exposed? That may help?

If not, start & end the day with a prayer. Stay strong. We will all get through this somehow. My tai chi is sort of my spiritual thing. I breathe deeply & try to let go of things. I am trying meditation too to accept what is. I am sending my most positive thoughts your way. May you find some peace in the little things on your daily walks. (((Hugs)))
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter