Follow

We know that Caregivers often feel that no good deed goes unpunished.
If you are on The Naughty List again this year for the holidays, tell us why....

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Dh received some coal in his stocking. Always one to be positive, he is looking for someone who got the same so they can get together and maybe grill something later in the week. 🥉
(3)

I'm on the naughty list because my mother saw something on the news about major storm damage in Tennessee, and I won't pick her up and take her to my sister's house to survey the damage.

My sister lives in the southeast, far from the storms. She's over 10 hours away by car. And she's coming up to visit in a few days. Doesn't matter.
(1)

Reply to Ptreyesbunny;

"I was told that "Family helps family and I'm not helping the family." Apparently, you don't get any credit for past good deeds. The help has to be immediate and ongoing and never ceasing.." 

How very dare they!!!!!

Wow that just hit my nerve & the memory of being told exactly the same thing. Family helps family... 😤😤😤😤
I asked for clarification of *who* family was in that statement... not the speaker (male), not his wife (not too keen), nor the older people, nor the under 18s, nor my husband.. leaving little old me. Only me. WTF

Same as you. Been in the trenches long enough. Had climbed out. You said "immediate, ongoing & neverending". That is SLAVERY is it not?

I mustered a polite but firm reply somehow...

This year same set up already planned. Someone with high mobility & incontinence needs will be present without bringing their own help - I will be appointed by default as above. I have said a clear No to that person. Have advised them to BYO help (ignored). Have advised equipment to make tasks easier & less help required (ignored). Can't lead that horse to water or make it drink.

I can however, walk out the door.

My heartbeat is racing at the thought but it is the only way.

I hope you can stand up the bullies as I must. As bullies they certainly are.
(2)

I'm on the Naughty List for wanting a Peaceful, Tranquil evening, so I let my mother's phone call go to voicemail. It wasn't important, had it been an emergency she would have dialed 911 not me. I decided not to speak to her or more like listen to her after a certain time in the evenings. When I did "listen" to a bunch of nonsense, delusional rants I found it boosted my adrenalin and anxiety thus unable to sleep....Put me on, and Keep me on the Naughty list, this adult man sleeps well at night (for the past two days)
(6)

Sendhelp: I guess that my mother thought I was a worst human imaginable because I moved into her house to take care of her, even saying so with name calling. I am a good person! To my late mother, I am not "Hitler, so say you."
(2)

I'm on the naughty list for making mom take a shower. She screams and yells at me, says she hates me and wishes she had never given birth to me.
(2)

The weed socks!! Omg im rollin….that is so cute….
(5)

A friend mine is very naughty. Her husband was a pastor until an automobile accident left him with a major TBI twenty years ago and she transitioned from pastor's wife to caregiver. This past Sunday she wore a new Christmas shirt to church and out to lunch. At some point in the afternoon, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and her jaw dropped. The shirt she had worn to church and to a restaurant had a pair of mating reindeer front and center, big as can be. She posted a picture to FB and oh my, there was no question about what those reindeer were doing.
(8)

I did two naughty things last week.
My mother couldn't lift her leg to go into the house when we drove her to the door one day , so as she she stood outside, she wanted me to immediately build a brick step for her to step on before the patio step into the house.
I picked up a brick on the outside lounge chair cover ( holding down the cover i guess) and she screamed "Not those brocks....those bricks" ( the ones buried under dirt and ivy beside the patio) and proceeded to yell the whole time on which brick were not ok to use. Apparently she is an expert brick mason .......
Then because she couldn't get up her basement steps anymore, she wanted the car driven up the hill and over the grass and parked in her yard " in case she needed it." Nope didn't do it. Did other chores and said bye and drove off. Car still in garage.
(8)

Omg I needed a laugh today ! Weed socks…. Awesome gift ! Lol lol
(5)

😂😂😂😂😄😄😄😄😃😃😃😃😀
😀😀😀😊😊😊😊😊😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😅
😅😅😅😅😆😆😆😆🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣🤣🤣🤣
🤣
(0)

Love this!
(3)

I'm on the naughty list because I gave a month's notice to my three sisters, and their husbands and adult children, that I will no longer be our Alzheimer mother's full time (24 hours/7 days a week) caregiver. Six years is six years too long. I was told that "Family helps family and I'm not helping the family." Apparently, you don't get any credit for past good deeds. The help has to be immediate and ongoing and never ceasing or they hit the NAUGHTY button.
(14)

I love the weed socks story! Rock on, mom! If anyone takes offense, let them get over themselves.
(11)

Im on the naughty list I guess because I made their assisted living place "permanently temporary" . Cancelled the house internet and TV, and cleaned the whole house of all food products.
So they can never go back to the rickedy steps, dangerous old house.
I also had all their bank and finances transferred to me to control mom's spending habits.
I also encouraged the state of Michigan to take away dad's license two years ago. Gave back the lease car and have saved them hundreds of dollars per month in expenses.
Yep I guess I'm naughty. Oh well...
Merry and safe Christmas to everyone out there living the high life... Smh....
(20)

Anything and everything. I figure "naughty girls" have more fun.
(7)

Oh my. There needs to be a laugh icon... Hahahahaha
(6)

I am on the Naughty List because I stole my mom's car.

Background: Mom is a widow and has memory issues. She moved to assisted living two months ago where she is thriving: eating well, making friends, sleeping better, etc. To get her to willingly pull the trigger, we had to allow her to take her car.

A couple of weeks in, she approached the administrator, shopping list in hand, and asked for directions to the grocery store. Since this isn't his first rodeo, he redirected her - successfully, he thought. She seemed happy with his suggestions (let us call you an Uber, we have a shopping trip scheduled Friday and you could go then, etc.) and went back upstairs to her room. Then, during the 2 pm staff change meeting when nobody was looking, out the door she went and she drove away. She didn't have her phone, of course.

Eight hours later and well after dark (she hasn't driven after dark in years) the police were just about to put a vulnerable adult alert out on Twitter with photos of her and the car. My husband was on the phone with adult child #2 filling him in (we didn't want him to find out when his friends said hey, isn't that your grandma on Twitter?) when her residence called to say she had breezed back in, thanks to a Good Samaritan who had guided her back from the grocery store. Where else she had been, she can't say.

The next day, I "stole" her car. It is in the garage in her house which she still owns. She asks after it, wonders why I took it, why I hate her, etc. I've ordered the police report, so with any luck seeing it in black and white will convince her it actually happened.
(20)

Thanks for laughs!
(2)

Because I am depressed and unhappy and sometimes I can't handle life with my mom.
(6)

How come I can't give a thumbs-up to the weed sock posts?
A laugh--all of us--needed.
At least they weren't...something else. (:
(10)

I'm a librarian by occupation. We call those cheap Harlequin and others smut novels. Don't tell my MIL that I recycled her large smut novel collection. So far she hasn't asked for any specific titles. So now I have confessed. Can I join the Naughty List club? She only does word search now
(9)

My sister has a Naughty List. It is called "I have no use for that person".
And I am on it!
(10)

To explain in advance...
No insult to Margaret either! She lives in Australia.
It is just that the USPS (U.S. Postal Service) will not be delivering to Australia this Christmas.
If you (anyone) does not believe in Santa, there will be NO packages arriving in Australia.

Margaret has regularly posted to the joke thread, I think she will get my joke.
(Even though we can still be mad about the USPS).
(1)

I know you didn't mean anything by it Send. No worries.

Captain did say whatever was on his mind that's for sure.

I have an inner censor that usually works. It didn't last night for a sec. :)
(3)

Gershun,
You are not the Captain, but you are well liked.
No insult was intended at all.
(1)

Send, saying the Captain would be proud of me isn't really a compliment or is it? He did add some spice to this forum, with a pinch of lewdness and a dash of depravity. LOL

The Captain, God love him. I wonder how he is. If they ever solved his son's murder.

Dear Captain, I hope you are well. Hugs!!
(4)

No coal allowed anymore in your stockings, it's not environmentally acceptable. I propose that from now on naughty people get this 💩. It's compostable.
(4)

Sorry Margaret.
Your package will not be arriving in Australia.
(0)

Gershun,
The Captain and Cuz would be proud of you!

Do they get an honorable mention on the Naughty List maybe?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter