Follow

Does it seem to anyone else that Forum is seeing more "Drive-by postings" from folks who seem to have crossed the line from "You can't make this stuff up" to "This has GOT to be made up."
I mean, young women entangled with multimillionaires who are forcing money on them, while the family heads in with a posse? People with an elder in the trailer out back who have questions as to whether their death by roasting temperatures would constitute charge again them?
I am sure it's me. Too much time spent here to try to even out the walking and reading and gardening and going starkers with shut in. I know just which of you will send a message telling me to take a vacation; but that's just the problem. I can't!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3
It takes all kinds to make the world go round. If we were all the same it would be a very boring world 🌎 !
(1)

After careful consideration, I would like to say in no way was Alva included in my previous comment.
(2)

Ah, WONDERFUL to see you back S"tacy.
A few of us were worried about you, but you had mentioned a couple of drinks, so I just figured you maybe didn't remember the post. When others started asking after you I reassured them.
The important thing is that you are JUST FINE, and still with us.
RealyReal, you are so right. It absolutely DOES take all kinds. I am so glad to see you so happily engaged of late.
All's right in our worlds tonight? Good. We can trundle on off to bed in our favorite jammies.
All take good care and stay well.
You two have a great evening. See you tomorrow.
(4)

Stacy0122, get used to it. There are posters that make assumptions and accusations that just blow your hair back. Gotta have some thick skin to deal with some and others you just go past anything that they have to say when you see their name.

Takes all kinds to make a forum.
(2)

I would appreciate not being called names or the implication I am a troll since you really do not know about my life. Please feel free to message me if there is a problem, I am sure we can work it out.

"He who searches for evil, must first look at his own reflection."

Confucious
(4)

SendHelp, as far as the "Just a vent" thing you mention. After all that hysteria never came back to comment again. Of course, did mention "drink" so that person may simply not understand they even made a comment on forum? I have had to deal with alcoholics in the past, and those who abuse alcohol; they often cannot remember what they watched on TV the night before. It is odd not to come back and at least say "Feeling better! Just needed to vent".
(2)

Stacy0122
Posted October 9, 2020
Just a vent...
(1)

Aw shucks, earlybird, thank you!

It felt good - to be able to actually do something that made a positive difference. Truly, a situation when the deed itself was its own reward.

The internet can be a dangerous place with chat rooms and discussion forums - at times, visited by trolls and the unkind - even predators - looking to inflict their poisons on the weak and vulnerable.

Still, I honestly believe that sites such as this one - along with so many other places designed to provide support and a sense of community are invaluable.

Perhaps, now is a good time to say - and of course this is only my own opinion - that not everyone who has an outlandish story is being dishonest nor do they qualify as a bonafide troll. This can especially apply to folks who come here with - and express - radically different points of view.

As was the case with PoopGirl. A troll? Yes, I suppose so in the textbook definition. But, certainly not an evil individual with mayhem on her mind. Instead - perhaps just someone who needed help and a little tolerance and understanding. Sometimes, even “trolls” need love.

Again - and as always with my posts - just my own opinion.
(3)

I miss Tacy. She clued me in about three posters who were actually the same person. She also told me two posters that she thought were Aging Care employees and not real posters.
(4)

Rainmom and Tacy,
Both you and Tacy were so compassionate and caring concerning that young girl. People like you make this world a much better place. Wishing you many blessings.
(2)

Send, obviously I would use politically correct terms if I was speaking with the person.

It is similar to posters using the term diapers for incontinence underwear.

We are all adults and understand that there is a time and a place.
(0)

Isthisrealyreal is correct regarding PoopGirl.

She started out bombing the boards with all kinds of silliness - clearly getting a kick out of using the word “poop” as many times as possible. It was also pretty clear early on that she was a kid with some type of intellectual impairment.

Unfortunatly, as she went along she dropped more and more personal information about herself - which alarmed quite a few of us.

Tacy and I each did a bit of sleuthing and were able to find which school she went to - and where it was, along with her full name and even some pics of the girl. Tacy certainly was more tech savvy than I - which only means that if I could find her, anyone could. Pretty scary with a extra vulnerable young girl involved.

We both got in touch with her school principal - as PoopGirl was using an individual on-line school account that was meant for help with studies and homework.
Anyhoo - the principal thanked us
profusely and said he would be meeting with her parents as well as suspending her computer access.

I shudder to think what might have happened if she had wondered into a different type of chat room - instead of
one mainly populated with little old ladies who come together to discuss problems stemming from caring and nurturing too much.
(7)

Used to be much more interested in the trolls, but had less free time, and, needed to have more peace in my life. So I took advice from Gladimhere, CWillie, and Barb which was to ignore the trolls. It took me awhile.

I went to bed earlier. I let others be the first to answer new posters. Many times, in the morning, the trolls were already deleted.

I observed a few common characteristics of trolls.

One characteristic is that very early on, a troll will harshly criticize other posters or AC.

FYI.
(2)

I agree that there appear to be bunch of trools and/or sock puppets lately.
(3)

Developmentally Challenged, Developmentally Disabled, and other titles for 'retarded' are used today.

This is not a criticism, because I have difficulty using the right words so as not to offend someone with those challenges.

It is apparent in Real's posting that she has compassion for the underage girl, and wanted to protect her, as so many of us did.
Yes, I remember her.
(2)

Pamzi, if you are referring to the long ago 13 year old that posted all of her personal information, she was actually a retarded girl that was truly vulnerable. I believe that rainmom and tacy contacted her school so she could be protected.

Some "trolls" seem to be mentally ill individuals.
(4)

You are not an idiot Pam, someone has to post so the troll can be 'reported' to admin. Now there is a place to just 'click' on report.

You did good, but don't be surprised if the troll private messages you. Not all trolls are malicious, and it may be just a 'prank'.

Prank vs. Sock puppet vs. troll.....
(1)

I was joking about the poop post, ,but I did reply,, I am an idiot!
(1)

There are people who actually believe one can 'speak it into existence'.
I don't believe in that, but maybe we should resist saying the names of past trolls.

So, 'not feeding the trolls' would mean we do not answer at all, no response?
(1)

For those who have not seen, who have not heard:

BadBaby
Asked 49 minutes ago
Can I get my diaper changed please?

The new troll does not want to be fed, just the diaper changed.
Lol. 🤣🤔🙈🙉🙊
(2)

I agree Cwillie,, why did I mention the poop post??
(2)

OK so now we have a true troll on the forum. Remember please, don't feed the trolls.
(3)

Ah, prank phone calls. Good memories!

When I was in my mid twenties I worked in a department store as an Area Manager. The five other Area Managers and our assorted assistant managers were all about the same age - we were all single and were a tight knit group.

We had a running prank that went on for months...

We would leave those slips of
paper designed for phone messages - back in the old days - for each other with clever names and phone numbers.

Example - the phone number would be to a mortuary and the caller was Myra Mains. Or - the phone number was to a mattress store and the caller was Helen Bed. The goal was to get someone to fall for it and actually make the return call.

Get it? Calling a mortuary and asking for Myra Mains... sound it out...

Yeah - good times!
(5)

Were it not for the Captain, I would not have known that what I needed to do when I discovered bedbugs at 4.30 PM on Christmas Eve, was to send DH to the hardware store to get a bag of diatomaceous earth.

Whatever his failings, it was probably the single most valuable piece of information I've gotten here.
(6)

Oh, the Captain. I miss him!
(3)

Just catching up on my reading here. I saw AlvaDeer's post about making prank phone calls as a kid and it brought back fond memories. My favorite was asking the grocery store if they had chicken breasts. When they said they did we said keep your shirt buttoned and nobody will notice. We thought we were very daring and risque.
(1)

It's the nature of the site that people come and go, even though caregiving seems to go on forever it does inevitably end and the vast majority move on with their lives. In my opinion true trolls are those whose sole purpose is to deceive and to cause dissent and thankfully there haven't been too many of those, all of the (possibly screwed up) people who periodically flame out are in a different category, they are actual caregivers and may dispense good advice in between their tirades and often have a loyal following who are willing to forgive (or perhaps haven't been a victim of) their more outrageous comments. (Yeah, I can't help but think of the captain here).
(4)

I miss Hope. And I really missed NHWM, but now she is back! I was worried as covid was running rampant in her area.
(1)

You know who I wonder about from the past? GodsAnointedOne/Don’tAskForHandOuts/DigitalBanker. Yes, those were only a few of her frequently changing screen names. She wasn’t trying to hid or deceive anyone - she just changed her name in accordance with her changing agendas.

I wonder from time to time how her law suit against an insurance company worked out... Does anyone know?
(2)

I miss Tacy as well . I would also like to know how it is working out for TinyBlu.
(3)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter