Follow

I send each and every one of you love and support. It’s important to do the best that we can during these trying circumstances. We have to hang in there for a bit longer.

Below are examples of acts of kindness and the good things that are being done.

I just heard that ‘Mall of America’ is reopening, not for shopping but to have a spot for the Red Cross to collect blood.

It is so good to see the kindness of individuals or organizations helping in this crisis. So I thank the Red Cross.

In my state Drew Brees is donating $5 million for the relief effort to all in need in regard to this virus.

His restaurant, Walk Ons is serving free food to our unemployed hospitality workers. Geaux Drew! We love you so much! You are a blessing to our Nola Saints team and our community.

One of our Louisiana high school teachers wrote a beautiful letter to his students telling them that he understood how they were feeling. Hoda interviewed him. Hoda used to live and work here!

So many of his students were asking him questions and were genuinely concerned about what was happening. This teacher took the time to address their concerns. Good for him!

So, what good things are happening in your area? Please share. There are lots of good things to share in my state in spite of the heartaches.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
The Easter story did not end with the morning discovery of the empty tomb.

The disciples were afraid Sunday night after hearing about the empty tomb that morning from the women Luke 24:1-12 and Peter's experience of the risen Christ on the road to Emmaus Luke 13-35..

And while they hid behind locked doors, the risen Jesus came into the room and relieved their fears John 19-20 and Luke 24:36-49.

In a sense, we are locked in our homes in fear of the virus and what impact this will have on our lives and our society.

Yet, our risen Lord and Savior comes to us to relieve our fears.

Fear not for the Lord is risen and because he lives all fears can be gone! May the peace and joy of Easter by the Holy Spirit be with us all!
(3)

Amen, River!
(1)

Shakespeare wrote King Lear while being quarantined with the plaque! Anyone else out there doing something special?! Happy Easter to all sitting at home. I certainly hope this Easter goes down as one in infamy and never repeats itself!
(2)

Glad,

It makes me smile to read these accounts of truly sweet behavior. I suppose it is the silver lining to this dark cloud that is looming overhead.

These are the stories that lift my spirits. We all need that. Thanks for sharing these. It’s especially nice to read the accounts of these lovely children. Truly special.

You know, not a whole lot gets past kids. They are more astute than we give them credit for.
(1)

Another one. 9 year old and friend fold origami hearts to deliver to hospitals.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/coronavirus/9-year-old-from-highlands-ranch-folds-delivers-2-000-thank-you-hearts-to-hospital-workers
(2)

That is adorable, glad. I would have never thought of that. You have a very creative neighbor with a love for children. Very sweet.

I bet their parents love her as much as the kids.
(1)

One of my neighbors keeps coming up with activities for the neighborhood children. First it was a scavenger hunt for hearts in the windows of homes. Then she had over 100 arrowheads that she placed in a dirt area next to her home for the kids to find. Always coming up with something to help the kids have fun.

Those kids sure had fun finding those arrowheads!
(2)

Lealonnie,

That’s amazing. Beautiful spirit that the bar owner had, along with the workers.
(3)

You are welcome NeedHelp. Now look at THIS one!!

GOOD NEWS: A Georgia bar owner used $3,714 in dollar bills that customers had stuck to the walls of her bar to pay employees during the coronavirus crisis.
Over the last 14 years, customers have been writing notes on dollar bills and stapling them to the walls and ceiling of the Sand Bar, on Tybee Island. When she was forced to shut down the bar due to social distancing rules, owner Jennifer Knox said she looked at the walls of her establishment and realized that she could use that cash to pay her workers. With the help of her mother and five volunteers, she spent more than three days collecting the weathered bills. A few customers donated some additional money, allowing Knox to give each of her six employees $600 in cash, including one – a musician – who was able to pay his rent as a result. She is now collecting donations through a Venmo account to help service industry workers on the island.
(6)

Lealonnie,

Wow! He’s a tough old guy, WW11 vet, beating the virus and turning 104! Incredible story. Lifted my spirits for sure. Thanks so much for sharing this.
(2)

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/104-year-old-wwii-vet-recovers-from-coronavirus-celebrates-birthday/?utm_source=facebook_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site+buttons&utm_campaign=site+buttons&fbclid=IwAR0BI40XrJO0BI80i5n9NxtQ0NEV7GSEZ45mKntE9dPnkDotuWVK2bnZNi4
(2)

Our sewing group is called, Sewdat. Hahaha. Some have made WhoDat New Orleans Saints masks! Fun! And our Tigers too! LSU championship Tigers!
(1)

Yay! We need to hear news like that, lealonnie. Wonderful! 😊

Cali, fantastic! Feels good to know that the community is working together.
(1)

There are now 356,660 recoveries from the virus! 😊
(2)

It was just announced that.....Some parents in a very wealthy local town have donated thousands of surgical masks & N95 respirators to my husbands department!! For them & their families and the community as well. The same group has already donated thousands of N95 respirators to a local community center, and a hospital and few other organizations. The police dept will be distributing masks to the community in a few days (well organized safe distribution with no person to person contact). This is wonderful news!
(2)

We are setting up a sewing mask volunteer team for grocery store workers. They will match people sewing the masks with the stores that need them.
(2)

This is awesome! Tyler Perry is from my city. He is paying for people’s groceries here in New Orleans. They are told when they go to pay that Tyler paid for it.

Yay! Tyler. So sweet!!!
(3)

Yoda,

That’s interesting. Wonder why. Why buy a book that isn’t going to be read? Makes no sense to me.
(0)

The most sold every year, but the least read.
(1)

Isn’t the Bible the most sold book, Yoda?
(2)

Around 20% of non Christians are now reading the Bible.
(2)

There are now 330,589 recoveries from COVID-19 as of Wednesday evening, 4/8/20!
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
(2)

Did you know that today is World Health Day?

One of my favorite actresses - Jessica Chastain, made a short video to say “Thank You” to all the individuals working tirelessly and selflessly on the Covid-19 front lines.

It’s really brief but tremendously touching.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jes_chastain/status/1247607662595850240
(1)

NeedHelpWMom: Not that I did, but am happy for those that did!  May the toilet paper force be with you.   lil
(1)

Lil,

Yay! 🧻 Good feeling to find toilet paper.
(1)

CM!

Fantastic! You are creative and resourceful. Making masks for others has helped me feel useful. I have left masks on neighbors porches and with the store manager at my Whole Foods.

Making rosaries has been therapeutic. I use either gemstones, wooden beads or crystals.

I may make a few mala beads too. We don’t have as many Buddhists but lots of people are meditating and finding comfort holding prayer beads in their hands to focus on special prayers.
(0)

Oooh, metoo. I did that too. I have a nephew that went to the Middle East five times! I always sent he and his troops care packages.

He asked me to send enough to share with his group because they like to share. So, Sam’s Club was a good place for me to shop. I was able to buy in bulk at a good price.

Thanks for reminding us of our troops. You’re a gem! You made me smile with your acts of love and kindness 💗.
(1)

#1 Today the High Ups decreed we must wear surgical masks to every call. So yah boo sucks to the person I was arguing with about it last week, ha!

#2 Then nervous moment when I asked where to collect more masks and was told they had been locked away and nobody had the key, I would have to call back later. But give in? No! Second Shift Leader came through! I have MANY masks! And it only cost me a packet of Cadbury's Chocolate Caramel Digestives :)
(4)

A few people on this site have actually found & bought toilet paper.  Yay them!
(3)

My family is involved with a group to send goodie boxes to our troops overseas. We send an average of 400 boxes and do it 5 times a year. The boxes are filled with home made cookies, letters, magazines, toiletries, snacks, and love. We fill the boxes at the local VFW and about 100 volunteers return again and again to be involved in this organization.

Our April packing has been modified. Our leader is determined that our troops will not be overlooked. She has conferred with the post office and military to make sure that our troops can safely receive these boxes.

She will set up tables outside her house to collect donations. The donators will call ahead so she knows the goodies are coming so they won't sit outside for long. She, her husband, and a few close friends will pack the boxes and take them to the post office.

Since we are home, we have been making extra cookies and freezing them. It won't be our usual number of boxes, but our troops will know that they continue to be in our hearts.

On a different note, a local hospital is running short on eye protection. While not ideal, they have sent out word to the swim teams in the area asking for goggles. Our small team was able to make a donation of 15 pairs.

Thanks for starting this thread. It's been great to hear of the good that has come from this terrible situation.
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter