Follow

Our courthouse has restricted activities. Looks like, for now, hearings will continue - but with essential people only. DH got a packet in the mail, notifying him of the hearing, MIL got one. I presume SIL got one (She's the one going for the guardianship) . . . . . I'm afraid only those three folks (and SIL's lawyer) will be allowed in the hearing, not me. I really wanted to get my info first hand (all three of them get stuff mixed up, LOL)

The hearing is set for April 7, so we have 2 and a half weeks to go, it might get cancelled.

Anyone else dealing with this sort of thing? Sure hope we can all keep moving forward, guardianship is very important - especially with this virus stuff going on! Those loved ones who don't believe it's serious can make some really bad decisions :( And POA's can't stop them, only Guardians, ugh.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you for the guardianship comments. I am the wife, 40 years married. 83 year old husband with pseudo Parkinsonism and dementia. Was originally going for guardianship but thought we had is solved with POA and MPOA. Back to the lawyer ...
(0)

Definitely show up, mask and etc. This is more likely to get you in. Good luck. If you are not allowed in and cannot assist, then quite honestly there is not a lot you can do and you should step back and save yourself.
(0)

Case was continued from 10/19 to 5/20 mother strong as a horse(doc’s comment)last time to mom as she is.Unaware she has been put in hospice. The next time I see her she is dying from starvation just skin and bones. I’m horrified because since 10/2019 to 04/2020 she had been deprive the right to live. Who or how does anyone have the right to decide if you should continue to live any longer. She was just old and had lots of money, she didn’t have cancer or diabetes so why did hospice help my sister in-law kill my mother. She would receive $130,000 in life insurance following my mother’s death. My poor mother never stood a chance. How can anyone have an appetite with all that drugs. She didn’t even know that was being done to her.
(0)

Perhaps you can petition the clerk of the court to be there is support of your husband.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter