Follow

She argues with me daily, the next door neighbors have an elderly Mom at their house.

I met my neighbors, Laurel and Tim, second marriage for both.

They live alone.

My mother peeks through our bathroom blinds at night.

Convinced they have an elderly Mom living there.

Sees her up the whole night.
She was outside in purple cleaning up their yard.
Now she has grey hair down to her shoulders.

The husband Tim has white hair.
He is the only one I have ever seen outside cleaning up limbs, etc.

I have lived here 2 years.
I get up through night to go to bathroom.
Have NEVER EVER seen their shades up.

I believe dementia parents can make you nutz.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I put a post on the end of the other thread, perhaps worth repeating. It was to check for reflections in the window. At night, blackness behind the glass can turn a window into a mirror. If so, she might be seeing herself. ‘Up all night’ would be ‘I see it every time I am up myself’. Just possible, with a bit of confusion thrown in?
(0)

I’ve heard crazy stories like this too. You already know the drill for how to cope-
1. Agree with her
2. Ignore her
3. Take a deep breath
4. Pray God doesn’t let you act like this
5. Put your face in a pillow and scream.
(0)

I know Margaret. There was a duplicate post. I made a comment on one of them it was a duplicate and answered the other one. The one I answered disappeared leaving the one I said was a duplicate.
(0)

This was posted 2 weeks ago, and had quite a few comments. What's happened to the old comments?
(0)

Arimethea33, sorry I had to chuckle over this. The best way to deal with this is to pretend you also see the next door neighbor's mother, too. It's easier then trying to convince your Mom the woman doesn't exist.

Imagine the conversations you could have with your mother, make it like a soap opera, every day create a new episode. That way maybe you both can laugh about what is happening at the neighbor's :)
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter