Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
4 5 6 7 8
Hi Barb
For me nothing is changed. If I go to newsfeed I see who commented on a post I commented on and who "voted my comment " helpful.

Are you on a different device? Are things changed for others?
(3)

Yes, in my News Feed section I can see who did what (on my Apple devices).
(0)

Oh Oh, the "whoops kitten" is back for me when I attempt to get my messages and profile page. Not for anything else, tho. Can easily access newsfeed, and the regular threads. Hope the whoopskitten goes back to sleep.
(1)

Whoopskitten has exited my premises. So glad to see her sweet face go! All fixed.
(5)

On Newsfeed, I can no longer see who has liked or commented my posts. Can you please do a software rollback?
(0)

Peggy,

That has been happening to me too. I restart my phone and it takes care of it.
(2)

Tech Team here: We've taken a look at the issue of likes not showing up in the likes section of profiles, but we haven't been able to re-create it. Refreshing the page, or logging out and back in should make those show up for you if they're missing.
(0)

Tech Team once more: Bounce, we've looked at your profile and your newsfeed is displaying correctly. If you have trouble, it's best to refresh the page, if that doesn't fix it, log out and log back in.
(1)

Hiding widget doesn’t last. I clicked on hiding indefinitely and it pops right back up.
(1)

Hi to the tech team:

It seems to me that those having problems with this issue of newsfeed are having it when they are on their PHONES.
Need, Peggy Sue, Bounce, is that CORRECT?
Because those of us who do AC on PC or laptops don't seem to complain of it.
Same thing with the widgets. They are only intrusive on phones, apparently.
I don't do anything on phones, and seldom do newsfeed anyway, but from what I see below that seems to be the issue.
If trying to recreate it perhaps use phone?
(1)

Yes that little guy has to go if you can't fix it. Its really bad on an 8 in tablet and worse if I need to use the phone. I understand its use, but if you don't need it, you should be able to get rid of it. I can on other sites.

And that ad asking if I need care. Same problem. It interferes with my posting and reading.
(3)

JoAnn,

I know that the widget serves a purpose but I don’t use it and it is irritating not to be able to get rid of it.
(1)

Have any of you tried the "report a problem" feature within the widget? I have to wonder whether the accessibility functions are screwed up too, having to reset those features on every page would essentially make the site useless for those users.
(2)

cw,

Every time I click the circle to remove the widget indefinitely, it pops right back up like a jack in the box!
(2)

My iPhone is a 13 mini version 16.6.1 and not having problems at all. I was able to hide the widget.

My laptop is Macbook Pro M2 14" running Ventura 13.3 -- also no problems detected.

Install system updates on your devices to see if that helps?
(2)

I understand the problem NHWM and I agree, even though you opt to hide it the widget reappears on every new page. But since I'm on a PC with a 22 inch monitor it doesn't bother me and I hardly notice it's there anymore.
(2)

And Geaton - I routinely delete cookies on closing and keep my programs and OS up to date, it's not that. Maybe an android/Microsoft compatibility problem?
(2)

cw,

I don’t have android. I use an iPhone. We have all Apple devices.
(2)

So much for that theory. 🤣
(2)

I hid the accessibility icon on the page that was open on my iPhone (the Forum/Questions main page). Then I navigated to the home/landing page, and it showed up there, so I hid it again and have not had it show up on any other pages.
(1)

Alva: Yes, you are correct in that the problem existed only on PHONES.
(1)

It must be the androids. A tablet is a phone, I just choose not to have that feature.
(3)

Lots of profile pages are down since this morning and the Whoops Kitty error message comes up when trying to access them. Any idea when profile pages will be functioning again?
(3)

Hi all,

Thanks for surfacing this issue. Site admin has been notified and our tech team is working on a fix.

As a heads up, we'll be making "test" posts on this thread shortly. They'll contain several links and punctuation marks. They might look odd or spammy, but it's a legitimate part of the process.

Thanks for your patience!
(1)

(0)

(0)

(0)

(0)

(0)

(0)

4 5 6 7 8
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter