Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I gave my Mom one of those Picture Frames that you [and everyone else] adds their photos to. It can also have her favorite music playing in the background.
(2)

We started getting my mother in law stuffed animals. We found one on Amazon that was larger sized and looked just like a Yorkie which she adored. As her Alzheimer's advanced she it thought was a real dog.

We would also get her smaller, cute and fuzzy or soft stuffed animals that she liked to hold and look at. She could not hold a fork etc., but she could grab the stuffed animals.
(1)

Gave my mom a lifelike baby doll, she loved it! She sings to it, kisses it, she cares for it like she cared for her kids so many years ago, she even named it herself. Music or scripture books, fidget blankets or sleeves. This Christmas I took one of her old purses (one that everyone would always comment on!). Filled it with different items from dollar store little brush and compact mirror, one of my grandmother’s handkerchiefs, small calculator, her old wallet with her DL in it, pen and note pad, etc, she loved it! Now when the caretaker takes her for a ride to Dairy Queen, she can take her purse!
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter