Follow

We have discovered Adult Day Care for my mother and love it. Our local facility runs $11.00 an hour up to 11 hrs. per day. A full day is discounted. We drop mom off for a few hours, she has a ball, although she remembers nothing, and we get a chance to get away and get things done. They feed them, play games and do different activities. All with people her age doing social interaction. We seldom leave her more than a few hours a couple days a week and they bill us at the end of the month. Best idea ever for a few bucks a day. Maybe they will extend their hours into the evening for early nights out. For those interested, check it out. The staff is wonderful with the folks and they all seem to have a great time.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
YES! I am a former Adult Day Care director, and although I moved on nearly 14 years ago, I remember it fondly and still believe it is the very best thing out there. We used to promise families and caregivers that we'd return their loved-one to them at the end of the day "tired and happy," so that there would be peace in the household at night as well. We kept participants engaged, entertained and healthy - when the local hospital was filled to capacity with influenza and pneumonia patients, our folks stayed illness-free (including our staff!). Hope your mom enjoys many more days at her ADC.
(0)

My Mom loves it too.. She pays $35 a day 9-2:30.. She started out 3 days a week but was bored at home with increased anxiety so we send her 5 days a week now..
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter