Follow

I have been depressed, exhausted, disgusted and very sad lately. Thought time away would bring me back refreshed and renewed, but it did not. I returned depressed and feeling stuck. I prayed and the answer is right here, so simple.

I cannot change many things, but I can change how I react.

As "stuck" as I feel having dad here living, I have been shown that caring for him is THE most important job I have ever had,and is more important than the job my husband just retired from.

Maybe when we feel we are at our wits end, we need to remember who we are really serving. The Lord does not want us to be miserable, he loves us! I need to remember to be nicer to myself. My moods are actually less about him and more about me......

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Amen 🙏
(2)

"I cannot change many things, but I can change how I react."

I have been telling myself that very thing for the last few months... handling my father's estate and all that goes with it is causing me stress, which is really a lack of faith in God. I have to remind myself that whatever happens tomorrow, God is already there and His plans are best for me even if I can't always see that.

We are human and experience all the human emotions that go with it. I like your renewed commitment to your father, your husband, and to yourself. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
(3)

Someone once told me that being 'stuck' was better than going backwards, or falling down a hole.

I found (when looking back) that depression was also like being 'stuck'. A physical & mental slowing down - until my brain caught up with my life.

Start small. What small piece of joy can you name from today?
(2)

Yes, something for all of us to remember. We are not in control. God is. So when you look at it that way whats the point in worrying.

God Bless everybody!
(2)

Not every day but quite often when I get up in the morning, I’ll ask God to handle the day for me as I know I won’t be able to get through the day on my own.

At the end of each of those days I’ll realize everything went smoothly. I’ll know, as Gershun said, God was, and is, in control.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter