Follow

Went to my uncles on Saturday may 29 with my dad it’s his brother thought it was going to be a nice visit, boy I was wrong. First off they never liked me plus my mom just died in April walked in sat down on a chair told me don’t sit on it I sat in the next one told me the same thing ok so I was just sitting there.Then my uncle told me he did it like me standing there I’m like where I’m supposed to sit still standing never offered me a drink the whole time I was there. Luckily I keep my drinks in my car and a tumblr and had my own snacks then asked me where I got the food I bought it my self then told me to shut up numerous times thought out the day I’m not kidding this all happen. Then my Aunt wanted me to help her with the bills I told I have no idea how to do them I was very uncomfortable I told her no. Went the the bath room my uncle told me to use the Taco Bell bathroom not kidding . So I left came back they never asked me if I wanted dinner only enough for them and my dad so I went to Taco Bell and sat in the parking lot ate took my time they told me I was invited to dinner so not kidding this really happen sat in the car until we got home then they wondered where I was and never said good by it was very uncomfortable the whole time.Durning all of this my dad was helping fixing their computer.Definitely not going back there leaving for Vegas Tuesday can’t wait my uncle has definitely control issues and is a big narcissistic it came out big time Saturday.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Oh my my, no one should ever be treated like that or allow themself to be treated that way. I will just tell you what I would have done. After the first or second rude comments he made I would have said, “Dad what time do you want me to stop back and pick you up?” “Bye” everyone and keep walking out the door and say nothing. So sorry your Dad him to treat you this way. Obviously this man has been allowed to treat people this way for a long time but I would indicate to my father but this is not the way you will allow anyone to treat you and do not plan on ever being in his presence.
(0)

Do you have a question about caregiving or receiving? That's the whole point of this forum.
(2)

So sorry that you were treated this way. Just stay away from your aunt and uncle. Let your dad visit them alone.
(0)

My uncle has all ways been like this there were other things that happen through out the day my backpack he did it like it made to much noise so I put in the car that’s when I just stayed there I could it handle the narcissist like that. He did it like my keychains on my car keys made to much noise not kidding had to park my car on the street he hates people parking there I could go on could it wait to leave
(0)

I live in Vegas so I don’t have to see them ever last visit definitely
(1)

Okie dokie.
(0)

Your uncle may be a jerk but it seems as though you already knew this before the "visit". My question is where was your father (and whoever else was there) in all of this? An uncle is somebody you can walk away from, the way you are being treated by your parents (who allowed this to happen) is the real problem. I'm glad you are leaving for Vegas too, hopefully you aren't coming back.
(2)

My uncle is pure narcissistic / narcissist that’s all his behavior my dad was fixing his computer he was all so making fun of my dad through out the day he just ignores it I told my dad in the car I in turn was making fun of my uncle computer it’s from 2010 pretty old I was cracking jokes he seems obvious the funny thing is he has crap all over the condo and blames his wife for it he won’t pick up anything then falls over it and yells at her for it if you touch anything he will yell even if it’s a pen he definitely has ocd/ mixed with narcissistic it’s pretty bad even though the condo was a mess
(0)

So you don't like your Uncle.

To what purpose is picking out mental health disorder labels serving?
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter