Follow

I try my best to be helpful with my answers but it makes me angry when I realize I have wasted my time answering a guestion that's someone being an instigator!!
Why do people have to ruin a good thing?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I also think there are many aliases that people are using. This becomes most obvious when a question just does not seem right, just too strange. Often I will then check out a profile and often times these are people either only the question I have seen. Many times I will ignore or offer short responses, then just leave the topic alone.
(1)

Who knows Assa, but I just share to keep myself sane, and just let people take what they need and leave the rest.... this site is huge.... no telling how many people are on here.... but sometimes someone will read your reply and it helps them.... so don't worry about the trolls..... they are opening the door for good conversations sometimes.... I don't reply to a lot of things.... most times someone has already covered it.... but always keep in mind , you are here for you.... so share if you want.... there will always be troublemakers... and I am not talking about Captain... I love this guy.... but have had a few encounters with some pretty ugly people on here... sending you hugs....
(0)

i like some of obamas efforts but when he went to india offering jobs to impoverished indians i figured it was time to rip the telephone out of the wall. now were azz deep in cold cals and scams.
(0)

Captain... good to see you are out and about today.... tho your response had nothing to do with the question... like always, I love you anyway... hugs to you , ya old turd....
(0)

my comment isnt that far off. i sense the same writing style and butchered english in many of the questionable posts. i was born in the dark but it wasnt last night. as far as being a turd, well ya got me there..
(1)

Ohhh I see what you were doing !!!!! I'm slow, I'm old, but I'm consistent..... and you have to 'splain things to me sometimes..... you are a great turd tho Cap'n... that 's why I love ya...
(1)

I understand that sometimes it generates good advice and I know it's been asked before... I need to accept that trolls are out there but it infuriates me that have to mess up a good thing we have going here at AC! It makes it hard for me to sympathize with new members. But I guess I was new once but I had a profile!

If there's no profile I'll just leave it to someone else to respond.
(3)

Most of us "newbies" but "oldies" may wait to post a profile being reluctant to share such private matters. Not all of us are proficient writers! Facebook has caused great connections...and sometimes though...disconnections. Since I am oliveoyl...I love Popeye because he reminds me "I yam who I yam". The other words I choose to remember are: Who am I really? and The only time that exists is NOW, Most sincerely..oliveoyl or olivia
(1)

I hear ya oliveoyl ! The internet has it's good & bad...I guess I think since we're caregivers we're in this together! But I feel like some are prying on the weak.. I feel like the weak on some days.
(0)

Yes Assa, there are days we are tired beyond tired and are raw... so things being posted really hits us hard.... but like you said... if they don't have a profile, then don't answer.... some who have been here awhile and don't choose to add a profile usually don't bombard the threads anyway... they are looking and learning....but speak up when you feel the need to... if you suspect a troll, report them.... admin is very good about getting people off of here that are here for the wrong reasons.... you have valid concerns..... and you have a voice..... use it when you feel some one is being taken advantage of... it helps everyone...
(0)

I'm familiar with some of the names of those people who may not be trolls but who are just plain nasty. I don't bother with them or waste my time trying to correct them. If I see them post something cruel or inappropriate I try to make my post as positive and personable as I can so whoever is the OP knows that we're not all like that. And without using the person's name I advice the OP to not feed the trolls and to hopefully realize that that person is not a typical AC poster.
(1)

It takes time to convince people you are not a troll. I know when I first started I got nasty hugs sent to me, maybe because I didn't have a history yet.
(0)

You guys just don't have enough oxytocin! It was in the news that they have discovered a genetic cause for suspicion vs trust. The trusting folks have more oxytocin naturally!

I'm mostly just joshing. I prefer to believe that everyone is nice until they prove otherwise. I don't like to think about trolls. You can think whatever you want unless you decide that I'm a troll. I'm not. I'm more of a poltergeist.
(2)

I think there are fake things going on here. Fake postings and silly postings. I wish agingcare.com would take care of them. I don's answer them b/c it would bring their posting to the forefront. Come on administrators take care of these fake postings.
(1)

assandache~I also will not post or waste my time with nasty people. I tried a few times to correct them but it serves no purpose. I post what I believe is honest, positive posts and with newcomers we always risk that they will never reply to any of the posts with a thank you or an update. It is our choice to answer them.
(1)

I agree. They are all the same. One big run on sentence. Little, if any punctuation. Lots of weird details. No activity or info on profile.
My time, energy and emotions will NOT be wasted on trolls.
(1)

I'm beginning to agree. Like the post from virtualhorizon about Dad coming out of hospice for a hip replacement and wanting to walk around. I think I been had.
(1)

I think there is another one on the forum right now. Plz agingcare.com adm, clean this up. We caregivers have enough problems w/o fake posters taking our time.
(2)

Hi - yes, I just read a funky sounding question, and was wondering the same thing when I found this thread!.. Yep, like pretty much and other site, learn to spot the junky stuff and just work around it. Good site here, with smart and caring people. Everyone be good to yourselves and have a good night!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter