Follow

I'm writing to give an update on my Mom's situation from December 2019: "Formerly very social 88 year old Mom's refused to see friends, or participate in activities in her assisted living facility for the last year. And lately, her "trips down memory lane" are only negative (remembering slights of decades ago, revisiting old grievances and revealing upsetting family secrets). Any tips on how to help her? It's gotten to the point where I'M depressed after every visit."
It's summer of 2021 and she's had a complete turn-around, Mom began weekly talk therapy, started taking mild anti-depressants and her mood started turning around despite the pandemic lockdown. She has even begun socializing in and outside her assisted living facility, and is a happy, mostly cheerful presence in our lives! All this despite quite a few medical setbacks including a painful bout of shingles (thank goodness it was a short one, thanks to the vaccine). She delights in life and has a positive outlook.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Good to hear a positive comment. Remember this time as very special memories are being made
(0)

Thanks for the update. It's refreshing to hear some good news for a change. We could use mores of that on here.
Here's hoping that things continue moving forward in a positive way for you and your mom.
(2)

this is awesome.
thanks for the update.
(1)

She (and YOU!) did ALL the RIGHT THINGS!

INSPIRING!
(1)

Aw what a great update! Sounds like the meds and talk therapy have worked wonders! So happy to see!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter