Follow

It’s been 5 days since my
momma had an agressive outburst. Me and my brothers talked and decided to not admit her to a hospice or nursing facility. Today her ankles, face and neck are swollen. Delirium is worse and she’s having trouble even staying awake. Having even more difficulties swallowing. Urine has a fowl Oder and incotinence of Bowels. She groans and moans. BP is high one minute and low the next. Pulse is low one min and high the next. She can’t hardly stay awake at this point. Appetite is leaving. Wants to nibble on soft candy is about all. Not taking in much liquids either. Talks of my daddy that passed. Even made a comment he would be home for supper. Speaks of her mother and father who have passed and talks a lot about her childhood (in a mumbling voice). I know Time is very near. She has given the cancer one hell of a fight for 17 months. Hospice says she’s not transitioning yet but not far from it. I have Been taking care of my momma for 17 months and these past 12 weeks have been the hardest. She’s a strong lady and I can Only hope I have A smidge her of strength in me. This forum group has helped me so much. Just being able to vent and talk has helped me. Asking for continued prayers if you pray and if not just send good vibes. Thank you all so much. I love My
momma with all my heart but I do Not want her here on earth like this. The day God takes her home there will be no more sorrow and no more pain.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Herdaughter, May The Lord give your momma a peaceful, quick passing. May He give you all strength and peace during this difficult time.

I will continue to pray that this transition time is short and peaceful.

The Lord bless you all.

Great big warm hug!
(3)

Hospice nurse came today. Said momma seems to be in a pre active dying phase. She told me this could last up to 3 weeks or less before the “dying phase” actually takes place. My momma has been such a fighter thru this all. 16 months she has give it a heck of a fight. I pray This transition is smooth and easy and quick for her. I dont Know how to love without a momma but i do Know i dont Want her to live like this
(2)

Holding you in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Her love and beauty of spirit will live on in your heart.
(4)

It's amazing how strong the human body is, and how hard we fight to stay here on Earth. Your momma has put up one heck of a fight and you've been with her every step of the way. I pray that she passes peacefully and painlessly, and that you find peace in your heart as you grieve the loss. Sending prayers and hugs your way.
(1)

God Bless you and your mother. I pray he surrounds you both with his peace and love now and after your mother passes. (((((HUGS))))
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter