Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
KateyKay, I’m so sorry for the loss of your father and praying for you strength, endurance, and consolation in the days ahead.
(4)

KatieKay, I’m sorry for your loss. You did everything in his best interests.
(3)

Katie, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know it is difficult. May God bless you with the strength and courage you will need to get through this time. As well as your dear Momma.
(4)

katiek I am so sorry about your sibs. I have had to keep very low contact wit my sis. No, they don't get it. Right after mother passed in December sis got on my back about making arrangements for the funeral down east next fall. She had no understanding that I was swamped with things that needed to be done after mother passed. It was all about what she wanted and what was convenient for her. There are many such examples. My sis stirred up my mother all my life and I ended up with the trouble. I understand. Stay away from the toxics as much as possible and stand your ground, They don't have a clue and they don't care about others.
(5)

KatieKay, know that you've done exactly what your dad wanted you to. ((((Hugs))))).
(7)

Unfortunately they have already started on phaseII of causing me more stress. My Dad is bfeing cremated and they want to spread his ashes at my parent's lakehouse.

I moved them out off there 5 years ago and it was a nightmare. The house has basically been vacant all this time with me checking in on it occasionally. tonight.. after a very disorienting day for mom.. all 3. of them were bringing up the lakehouse,asking if she wants to go back there.. showing her pictures.. getting her stirred up.

I'm not sure the scheme.. but I shiver at the thought of bringing up the house and finding more things that I didn't handle correctly. I can't imagine what she will be like if you took her 90 miles away...when I took her 10 miles away to see my Dad at the hospital and it was like sending her to Mars.

They just dont get it.
(6)

((((((hugs))))) katie. Deepest condolences on your loss. So glad your mum and dad were together, and that dad passed peacefully. I agree that your mum cannot absorb and keep the memory that your dad has passed. I too think in time she will forget. It may be kindest just to distract her. Rearranging her room was a great idea.

Prayers that your sibs don't cause any more trouble. You have had more than enough from them.
(5)

KatieKay, so sorry for your loss. Sounds like a very peaceful passing. Hugs to you.
(3)

Sorry for your loss.

I wouldn't continue telling Mom Dad has passed. She will just keep grieving. Tell her little fibs. He is at an appt. Etc. Eventually she will forget she was even married.

I really don't think Dad could have eaten. One because of the blockage the other his system shut down. Food is not absorbed anymore and would only have called maybe discomfort or even pain.
(7)

KatieKay, so sorry for you and your mom. Sending many hugs.
(3)

KatieKay, my heartfelt sympathy to you and your family.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter