Follow

I'll tell you why. Enya was one of my mom's Sunday afternoon jams !

I remember a few years ago whilst I was doing my undergraduate, my headphones fell out whilst I was in the gym... the guy who was next to me insisted that he heard Enya coming from my phone. I fiercely denied it.

Since my Mom passed away some months now, let me tell you a secret. Come closer: I was listening to Enya in the gym...mwa ha ha. Yep, me in my younger buffer days. I am listening to it all now.

My Mom listened to an assortment of Rock classics : Neil Diamond, Enya, and some 90's grunge and alternative rock too. The Red Hot Chili Peppers were another staple of hers.

I sure wish we could have taken her to see them in concert, but the Parkinson's made travelling very difficult for her.

So it's Sunday evening, and I am keeping my Mom's tradition of Sunday evening music.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Hahaha, enjoy your tunes! My mom was from the Big Band era and Frank Sinatra. She loved Frank like my generation loved classic rock from the 60’s. Throw in some jazz and blues and I was set. Oh yeah, we went through the folk music scene too.

Alva, I so wanted to see the Beatles after watching them on the Ed Sullivan Show.

The did come to New Orleans, “City Park,” Tickets were $4.00. My parents wouldn’t take me.

I was 9 years old and I adored The Beatles. Mom said, “I don’t want to be around all of those screaming girls.” My response was that I wanted to be one of the screaming girls! LOL 😆
(2)

Yeah, I remember her. Maybe she's having her second go-round exvee? After all, the Beatles have never STOPPED!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter