Follow

Replacing the much lamented 'On My Mind' profile option, this thread is for musings, jottings, whimsies, preoccupations and the rest of the thesaurus for anyone to jot down anything they please.

I can't remember what the maximum character count was before, can anyone else? But anyway it wasn't very many so let's keep to that.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Thanks doggiemom, I was wondering since I do have people in my life undiagnosed on the spectrum.

Also I'm an undiagnosed dyslexic. It obvious to everyone around me. So I find it interesting to get diagnosed.

I am a bit concerned about the cognitive test , when they start that. So I've wondered if it should be in my chart. Although I may be better at spelling words backwards than some, 😆
(0)

I just wanted to answer the question as why I want a diagnosis. I might have to hold off for a while, but down the road I might have to apply for disability. Yes, I know Asperger's Syndrome not longer exists as it is under the autism umbrella, it is just a personal preference to use it vs autism for many reasons. I can be diagnosed by a psychiatrist, I just would not get testing although I may be able to get a referral if I am diagnosed again.

hothouseflower, I am so sorry about your friend. Prayers
(1)

HHF: So very sorry. Prayers sent.💝
(0)

@Hothouseflower I am very sorry to hear about your friends brain tumor.
(2)

HH
My heart is broken for you. I am going through this with a family member. He is 15 months past diagnosis, removal and treatment and the last two months has developed many new issues. Every so many years it seems that someone I know has a glioblastoma. Only thing in common is seems to have happened to them in their 60s. So sorry.
(5)

HH, may The Lord touch both of you during this difficult time.

May you both receive courage, strength and wisdom to face this challenge.
(2)

So sorry, HH. Sending you hugs.
(2)

Hothouseflower - ((((hugs)))) for you and your friend. So sorry about the diagnosis. Prayers for both of you for strength, peace and healing.
(4)

I'm sorry Hothouseflower, I lost my brother to glioblastoma.
(2)

So sorry for you and your friend, flower, we are here to listen ❤️‍🩹
(2)

Hothouse Flower. Your friend is lucky to have you in her corner. She has a lot of decisions to make now about what kind of care she will and will not accept in fighting this. Support her and let her use you as a sounding board. Don't complicate things with your own opinions about her options unless she specifically ASKS for it. As one who has done the Big C. twice I can tell you that the opinions and advice of others is one of the most complicating and confusing parts of it all. She's going to need the advice of a good medical team who gives her ALL the options. Support her choices and love on her. There's a lot to learn that enriches us on ALL of life's journeys, even this one.
(3)

My beautiful friend who is more a sister to me than my own was just diagnosed with a malignant inoperable brain tumor. Any prayers be would welcome. I’m devastated.
(5)

I’m exhausted when my granddaughters leave after a weekend. I cannot imagine having to raise kids into my 50s and 60s.

Nature has its reasons for what it does.
(4)

Okay I just read an article from Yale University and the idea behind delaying menopause was not to prolong fertility indefinitely, it's about having the ability to preserve the hormonal benefits, in addition this could also possibly benefit women who experience early menopause or have to delay having children because of cancer (or other) treatments. Of course we don't have to look hard to find lots of unethical doctors who might take such treatments to the extreme.
(2)

"they want to prolong menopause so women can have babies later in life" It's not only wrong it's stupid. They should work on a menopause pill for men to stop them from remaining fertile until they die.
(5)

Just heard on the news , they want to prolong menopause so women can have babies later in life , this feels so wrong to me.

I'm picturing 30 year olds taking care of there parents there while adult life.
(0)

I am curious doggiemom, why you want to get diagnosed for the autism spectrum disorder. If being diagnosed will get you more help

Because I have an undiagnosed son, he is awesome, and doesn't need help, but my undiagnosed step son. He does well, but works as a janitor, lives with us. I don't mind, I enjoy his company, and he dosent bother us. But I worry about him and his future, would love to see him socialize more, and get a better paying job for his future. His dad gets frustrated with him, and sometimes I'm all he has.

So any information you get may be helpful to me.
(0)

That's what I thought cwillie, but wasn't sure if it was state or all states, I'm wondering the same thing why to get tested,

Also it can be called niro divergent.

Margaret that's really interesting about vestibule deases. I suspect it's not as uncommon as they say. I've wondered if there was at times a relationship between anxiety and vertigo. It seems some people get vertigo at times there stress is really high
(1)

AFAIK Asperger's is no longer a recognized diagnosis, instead it is now considered part of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
(0)

Doggie, why do you need a diagnosis for Aspergers? You aren’t looking for a pension or benefits, and it isn’t life threatening. Why not start by doing your own research on the net (I just started, and there is plenty there), and following the suggestions that you will find. It says that you will need routine and may have difficulty socially. Considering the people you have had in your life, that may be a very sensible plan for getting a better life and something to work on before you spend a lot of money for a diagnosis that may not change anything.

I am doing this myself for what seems to be a vestibular disorder – not vertigo, but stress-induced balance problems, which is much less common. I’ve had every test the doctor can think of (I’m still waiting for full-spectrum blood test results and my new spectacles), but I’ve actually done better with the net. I’s a 6 month wait for a neurologist appointment. I’m about to take what I’ve found back to my very good GP, because he’s stumped.

Twenty years ago, my previous GP was highly offended if we seemed to know anything - “Where did you get YOUR medical degree from?” was his line. I knew an old one who really resented a new requirement for compulsory update sessions, “after 6 years study” and “the human body hasn’t changed”. Now most new research is on the net, and intelligent sufferers can do a lot themselves in a field which is changing so much more. Try it for Aspergers!
(1)

@ DoggieMom86
You may need an advocate to get you through the paperwork of it all. An advocate would be a social worker, a geriatric case worker, or an attorney. etc.

I don't know you, but it was not that hard to get diagnosed for my loved one.
The psychiatrist took one look in a 45 min. session and diagnosed him, even though he appears 'normal', or typical. He could not have done this on his own, even though he is high-functioning.

After that, you are correct, he went to a psychologist for testing to qualify for disability, and it was either free or under $25.00, because SSDI sent him.

BTW, no one should be living in the presence of black mold. You should also not be cleaning it, or in the presence of any toxins at all. It would make anyone sick, but with aspergers, it could increase your symptoms and lead to: (poor coping behaviors)?

Please join a support group if you can.
(0)

Wow, trying to get a diagnosis for my Asperger's (I was diagnosed five years ago but can't remember the name of the psychologist and Texas doesn't give that info for some weird reason). I made an appointment with a neuropsychologist but had to cancel because the testing would be $2,000 (yes, with my insurance!). If a a regular psychiatrist can diagnose I will go that route as I am not trying for disability right now.
(0)

Yeah, last year we were going away on a road trip, before we left I developed "allergies" the allergies went away the second day of the trip and on day 3 hubby got sick with covid. So I suspect I had covid.

Just a friendly reminder to those with unusual cold like symptoms to be careful around the vulnerable people in are life.
(0)

Feel better soon, Evamar!
Might be a cold or covid? Some people start covid like that.
(1)

I think I experienced spring allergy or any allergy first time in my life.
Came home yesterday and all the sudden had runny nose and bit of headache, sneezing even today.
(3)

Allergies are on my mind🤧
If it would just warm up a little I wouldn't mind so much, it's just wrong to be shivering while the trees are pollinating.
(4)

Way,

How fun! Aerosmith is great.
(2)

Way, ST is a good smoocher.
(3)

sp196902,

It is an even better story if you could hear my DH tell it . DH is pretty good at impersonations . So he impersonates Steven Tyler . DH is a very good story teller and funny . He thought about writing for comedians part time for extra $$$, when he was young . But he didn’t have time. Comedians don’t all write all their own stuff that they perform in stand up . They purchase material as well . DH would have stage fright , he could never perform .

DH has many stories from his travels which include , tornadoes , hurricanes , earthquakes , blizzards, and many years ago a (minor ) airplane crash on takeoff when the airplane was about 30 feet off the ground when an engine decided to die so they came back down hard on the runway and then ran out of runway before the brakes could stop the airplane . They crashed through a fence and ended up in a cornfield .

It’s no wonder I have grey roots !
(3)

That's soooo Awesome 😎, love Steven Tyler!!! And Aerosmith
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter