Follow

Can’t believe it will be two years in October that my MIL has been in a nursing home and SS is still depositing her check! I’m not involved in the money issue that’s all my BIL’s issue because he’s the one spending the money and he’s the one that signed all the papers. I’m just wondering how long something like this can go on before the poop hits the fan! I know eventually Medicaid will lower the boom but even with all the Covid issues and Medicaid billing issues this still seems crazy! Anyone else going through anything like this?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
You have to set up with the NH for them to be payee of the SS and any pension. Medicaid has nothing to do with the SS and pension checks. They adjust their contribution by how much the SS and pension checks total.

If your BIL is not writing out a check every month than MIL has a balance due at the NH. There was a post where someone mentioned that the Fed government was subsidizing NHs because of COVID and the home was passing it on to residents. How that will effect the 2k asset level you must keep I have no idea. Just don't touch the money if this is what is happening to you. The poop will hit the fan eventually.
(0)

Other than a small (eleven dollars and change) he pays to Integra each month that’s it. Integra is Insurance that he picked up on just before she went into the home maybe about two or three months ahead. He keeps saying the insurance pays for her care i think he’s out of his mind.
(0)

My brother in law is on Medicaid in a nursing home, and his SS check and small pension are still deposited in his checking account. My husband, POA for his brother, pays the NH the share of cost each month by writing a check from brother's account, as POA. The nursing home sends a bill each month. Medicaid does not do billing, the nursing home does. I can't imagine that the nursing home has gone two years without being paid.
(2)

Is BIL her Representative Payee for Social Security? There is no requirement that the SS check go directly to the NH, as long as someone is paying those funds to the nursing home.

If they are being spent for someone else's benefit, that Medicaid Fraud.
(0)

No she is widowed with adult children that are not disabled.
(0)

Is there a spouse or disabled child at home?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter