Follow

My mother passed a month ago. I am relieved. She died after I left her for the day. I have never had anyone in my family in hospice before so I had no idea what to expect. I found it to be very stressful because of my father's interference in her care. The hospice nurses were concerned. It took about six weeks for him to back off and just let them do their jobs. Yes, he was scared to lose her. I went almost everyday for 30 minutes to an hour.

Funeral was very small. Her friends have passed or were too old to attend.

I could not have survived the last few years without this forum.

Alva Deer -  I listened to you and got all my ducks in a row to handle my parents affairs.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you for all your condolences. I am taking a break. I'll be back.
C-ya!

V.
(5)

My mother passed away in April. She was also in hospice. I thought I had a little more time but the end just came.

We also were just immediate family at her memorial but at least we gave her a fitting tribute which was streamed for those not near.

I hope you find peace knowing the suffering is over. I have to keep reminding myself that when I think I perhaps could have done more. In the end I know I tried hard in ways I could. Wishing you strength at possible moments of weakness.
(2)

My condolences for your loss. So sorry.
(2)

I am so sorry for your loss.

May The Lord give you grieving mercies, strength and comfort for this new season in life.

Great big warm hugs!
(3)

Velbowpat

I know you are beyond tired. I so admired how you managed that last ER trip. I hope your dad is managing and you are getting some rest.

My condolences.
(1)

Velbowpat,

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.

Even if we are prepared for the loss, it is still stressful to lose people that we love.

Wishing you peace as you grieve for your mom.
(1)

May you receive comfort from loving memories and peace in your heart at her passing.

I'm so glad to learn you got all the ducks aligned. Your personal experience is very valuable to others who come to this forum in tatters... please consider providing guidance to others here when you can. Blessings!
(2)

VelbowPat;

I am so sorry for your loss and the stress at the end.

Please stick around; you have valuable information to share with the folks who show up here; so many are ill-informed about hospice and end of life issues.

(((((Hugs))))
(3)

My condolences on the loss of your dear mom, VP. Sending you a hug and a prayer for peace.
(4)

Velbowpat, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you will have good memories and quick healing. You were there for your folks and can be proud of that, and of doing all you could.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter