Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
Beatty,

“ I do wonder what on earth families did in the olden days ? Leave ’em on the porch ? “

That is a good question .
Perhaps in the olden days they stopped taking them to doctors and hospitals so the slog didn’t last as long ?

We had a particularly bad session with FIL last evening . Demanding his checkbook and credit cards back etc . FIL is fine . My BP is through the roof and I am supposed to have a stress test today which they probably will not let me do . DH wasn’t , isn’t even talking since last night , except to say if he could turn back time he would have left FIL in Florida “ on his porch” .

I sincerely fear one of us having a heart attack or stroke at this point over a lifelong selfish man who practically ignored DH his entire adult life.
(1)

(((hugs))) Way
(1)

"Being stubborn, filthy, ornery, and refusing the assistance of staff and family.."

Burnt, *ornery* 😆 Love this word!

I do wonder what on earth families did in the olden days? Leave 'em on the porch?
(2)

Way.

I agree with you!
(2)

Need,

The guy is “ out there”. The problem is he can still fool people 1/2 the time in conversation .
He belongs in SNF because he’s uncooperative with showers and incontinence care . AL should kick him out .
(3)

Way,

In your professional opinion as a nurse, wouldn’t you say that he needs to be in Skilled Nursing?

Burnt,

What do you think?

Way,

We all know that your FIL can’t live on his own. He is in deep denial. He is manipulative too. He asks for a credit card to take y’all out to dinner for helping him. As you say, the real story is because he wants to go out!

Who is going to take him out in his condition? Y’all aren’t going to agree to this. Geeeeeez! He needs help with everything! Yeah, I get that he wants to be independent but he no longer fits into that category.
(2)

Had the talk , same nonsense . FIL doesn’t think he needs assisted living . His “ underwear is not wet”. Blah, blah, blah, blah……….
(3)

I agree . I told DH exactly that . He has to go tonight and tell him this is how this goes or he goes to SNF .
(2)

FiL has been back in AL for a week . The executive director spoke with him before he got back there. We’ve already tried everything . I’ve Threatened memory care and nursing home , get kicked out before.
DH and I are both going up tonight . I told DH that he has to be angry when he goes tonight .

TBH . I wish they would kick him out to SNF.
(4)

@ventingisback

Well, then it's going to be a baptism of fire as they say for him. More than even he needs to get on board with help or they will kick him out.
If he really needs rehab, then he has to go. Otherwise there will be another fall or another crisis and it will be a nursing home.
If he's doing okay, then now would be the time for his son (you man) to tell him how it's going to be so he can stay in AL.
(3)

Way,

When are you going back to see your FIL? Is your husband in town now or out of town on business? I know that you go without your husband when he is traveling.

This is super stressful for you. I can relate to your BP situation. I dealt with high blood pressure issues too. This situation needs to be resolved soon.
(1)

Burnt, it’s an excellent message! Just one thing: FIL already returned to AL.
(1)

Thursday, 7/27/2023
To: Way2tired's FIL

Show him this message. It comes from a person who worked in senior care for 25 years and now is in the business of homecare.

Being stubborn, filthy, ornery, and refusing the assistance of staff and family there to HELP you will result in being KICKED OUT of assisted living.
Here's what happens when you're kicked out of assisted living. You get put into a nursing home or memory care facility.

Assisted Living is a a thousand times better than life in a nursing home or a memory care facility. People in Assisted Living still have freedom and autonomy. They can still do as they please and go where they please. But like all things in life, they have rules too. The rules for you to return are first going to rehab and then being cooperative with aide care assistance.
No one wants to live in a place that smells like sh*t. You don't have any right to stink the place up because your stubbornness is stopping you from changing your soiled pull-up or allowing anyone to help you stay clean.
The AL facility will not allow your behavior. So if you want to go back there two things need to happen.

1) Rehab so you can get strong enough to return to AL which is not a nursing home or a hospice.

2) A serious attitude adjustment. Either get on board with staying clean and allowing professional staff to assist with this, or it will be a nursing home.

Show this to your FIL.
(5)

Way,

I can’t say that I blame you.

I distinctly remember my husband saying to me, “Your mom is going to be upset no matter what you do. So, you may as well do what you want for a change and let her be upset with that.” He was right!

There were times when I couldn’t please my mom, even if she got her way!

Tell your husband what my husband told me.
(3)

I’m done. He’s getting told he stinks tonight . I’m not playing the games DH family plays of burying their heads in the sand and talking to each other like they are acquaintances .
(5)

Way,

It’s true, Burnt would set him straight! Too bad that you can’t get her to be the mediator in this situation between your husband and his dad.
(2)

"He belongs in SNF where they won’t put up with this $4!t ." Literally.
(3)

Need ,

At this point your guess is as good as mine .

I need burntcaregiver to talk to this senior brat.

DH doesn’t want to go talk to him tonight but I have a stress test tomorrow. I have to get this overwith tonight or my BP will be too high tomorrow for the test. DH is annoyed .
(3)

T-shirt coming your way, Way.

God…Imagine if in heaven, the first thing one gets is a T-shirt. I wonder what kind of T-shirts trouble-makers-elderly-people get in heaven?
(2)

Way,

I am so sorry. What exactly is going on with your husband? Is he feeling apathetic about everything at this point?

Apathy can cause a person to feel depressed and defeated. Then, they get stuck and don’t address the situation as they should.

I know because I was stuck for a long time!
(2)

AL just called , Of course FIL is not allowing showering again . And is sitting in his pull-up all day again since he got back from rehab .

I need my “ Done “ t shirt

Will be having another chat tonight .
He belongs in SNF where they won’t put up with this $4!t .
(4)

Edit to script: More T-shirts for elderly people in the movie:
I will be super nice to you.
I will not be a senior brat.
(1)

Edit to script: All new T-shirt ideas are being added to the movie.

Including also T-shirts for elderly people:
I don’t want you to be my slave.
Just be my daughter/son, not my caregiver.
Seeing you happy, makes me very happy.
(0)

..Everyone will also get “Done” T-shirts. Cats will get “Never Even Started”...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

My wish list T-shirt range (all collected from AC Forum posts) include;
I am not your Maid.
This is not a restuarant.
This is not a cruise ship.
I am not your Cruise Director.
I am not your royal bottom wiper.
(3)

Edit to script: Everyone will also get “Done” T-shirts. Cats will get “Never Even Started”.

Note: A cat just tapped me on the shoulder and explained to me, that when they’re in the wild, they live in cat colonies and help each other, care for each other, feed each other, protect each other, young and old.
(3)

Way,

Have you ever wished that you had a hidden camera or even just a recorder to play back for people to show them how crazy they really look and sound? LOL 😆

I am not talking about people with dementia, only the other crazy people! Hahaha.

You know, just show the footage to them and say, “What do you think of this?”

Some people have always denied everything. They prefer to gaslight others rather than just to own up to something when they are confronted about something.

It would be fun to see the look on their faces as they watch and hear themselves on camera!

One time, we got sick of my husband’s grandmother being so self centered. The world revolved around her! She never listened to anyone else. Ever!

So, we decided to play a little trick on her! LOL

She started telling one of her crazy stories. My BIL who has a fantastic sense of humor calmly said to his grandmother, “The house is on fire.”

She looked at him, and says, “Oh, that’s nice.” Then, continued on with her story.

So, he says a bit louder, “Did you hear what I said a minute ago? The house is on fire.” She says, “Yes, that’s nice!”

By this time, we are all about to burst into laughter!

She is going on and on with her story! So, he said in a much louder voice, “Ma Ma, The house is on fire!!!” We were laughing hysterically by this point!

She finally stopped telling us her story and said, “What is so funny? I wasn’t saying anything funny for you to be laughing so much! What is going on?” She was a bit perturbed by our laughter.

So my brother in law said, “We were doing an experiment to prove to you that you don’t ever listen to anyone else. You only talk about yourself to everyone. I just told you three times that your house was on fire and you weren’t listening to a word that I said.”

Of course, she denied that he said that to her!
(2)

Way,

Short and simple! Sounds good to me!
(1)

I want my T shirt to simply say

“ Done”

It’s 4 letters, hehe🤣
(4)

venting,

That works!
(1)

Another T-shirt we need is “I am not your caregiver”.

Let me take a wild guess? Cats don’t need this T-shirt either?
(1)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter