Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4 5
that is hilarious windy. not the white crap but the e-cigs. mom might be a lot of things but nicotene cold turkey isnt one of them. as a nicotene addict i can say that does not happen. youll end up shoveling off the side of the road to find some discarded butts or something..
(0)

captain, the maddening part is we have set-up a dual charging station for her and two batteries are always ready to go. She has seven e-cigs total, so I could be away for a week or more in a sane world and she wouldn't run out.

She just can't grasp the concept of how batteries work and how long a charge lasts. She thinks they're good for a couple of hours even though the tobacco store owner patiently explained to her how one battery will be good for two days at least. He sells the things and uses one himself. She told me he is WRONG. It's just another one of those control issues, I know.
(0)

Snowing here again in NY-plan to be productive today already doing dishes and freezing food that I will not use for a few days and plan to write out bills and finish laundry and make ahead some waffles for breakfasts -my boyfriend will be snowed in so he will not be over the next few days are suppose to be above freezing then back to winter weather.
(0)

man, a 10 hour hard sleep after several nights of restlessness has already made today a success. im rather iced in up on my hill today but i prefer to think that the world and its annoyances are iced OUT.
(3)

accomplishment - 2nd load of dishes on, spaghetti squash cooking in the oven, lost 2+ lbs,
(0)

I am not doing well losing wt. I was for a few weeks. Capt like the world being iced out.
(0)

@ my beloved emjo'
" lost 2+ lbs " --------- turn around, youll find them.
( turning off the pc, locking the door )
(2)

Austin - one of the tricks is keeping a food journal writing down everything you eat. Scientifically proven as one of the things that helps weight loss. There are online sites to help with calculating calories and nutrients. I use nutritiondata. It can be slow but once you get it set up it really helps. It is a health issue for me more than a looks issue.

lol, cap, actually, not one of my problem areas...
(0)

ah. after enough peace and quiet ive fired up a deep purple concert. ye, they are still around and totally rockin wacken every year.
into the FI-AAAR, lol.
(0)

sleep was a no - go tonight. had to get up and knock a bat in the head. this is the third one in 6 months. im gonna just catch the next one and break his legs, toss him out the door and he can carrier pigeon his broke ass back and tell the rest of em to stay out of my bunker.
(1)

Finally got the menu planned for the next week. Started a grocery list. Did a couple loads of laundry.
(2)

this is kinda cool. cut ednas toenails testerday -- with the same clippers she cut mine with 50 years ago. its a true story, teared me up several times today.
(6)

Accomplishment: I got my mother's fed and state taxes filed today. Yea! I still have to do my own, but there is plenty of time. Mine are a bit more of a pain.
(3)

I'm working on the Honey Do list for my husband who retires the 28th. Daytona Bike Week is March 7-16. Maybe I'll send him there. In a sidecar.
(1)

Mother started talking to the cat when I was trying to explain something to her (to mother, that is, not the cat). I did not get wound up or turn purple. I reminded myself that if she didn't want to know it was pointless to bother her with it. I want a medal.
(7)

Was it weird that she was talking to the cat or that she had tuned you out. I talk to my rabbit all the time. Is it crazy to do this? I just figured that as long as he doesn't talk back, I'm still okay.
(2)

JB it sounds as though she was deliberately ignoring CM or maybe she just had something more important to tell the cat who knows but CM can have her medal
(3)

Thank you Veronica! She wanted to know where the cat had been all morning. On the armchair right next to mother was the truthful answer, but the cat wasn't telling.

Jessie, she talks to the cat when I bore her. Or when she wishes to change the subject. Or when she's sick of the sight of me. Or when she's done something idiotic like balance her teacup on the arm of her chair. On this occasion I was trying to explain how the walking frame would be much more useful if she didn't abandon it ten feet away from her chair and totter the rest of it… I just moved the frame closer. Quicker and less painful for both of us.
(1)

My cat is not talking to me since I clipped her claws a couple of days ago
(3)

i obtained medical advocacy for edna, got her a doc appointment and we'll be in front of doc at 1;00 pm tomorrow. edna not been to doc in two years cause her daughter wont make her an appointment feering she may be moved to AL and assets will be lost. doc knows all the details. medical care has been denied her up till now and shes done a lot of needless suffering. shes 89 and should be seeing doc every 3 - 6 months imo. shes going to get medical care now.
(7)

my cat talks to me all the time and I talk back.

cap - good for you taking care of aunt edna,

what did I accomplish today? cleaned up the cat's bathroom - again. yes, he has his own bathroom - the basement one. He hasn't tried the shower yet. ;)Watered some of the 25 plants.

Made cinnamon apples and ratatouille and cooked up some rutabaga.
Made some appointments. Lazy day.

G has to stay late at work so I will thaw something for him. He doesn't eat as much when he is late.
(2)

Took charge and visited my mother in the morning today. She likes for me to be there at lunchtime to dine with her and then take of things in her little apartment into mid-afternoon. Not today. A big snowstorm was due to hit hard around noon - and it did. Glad I put my foot down and got home before it started snowing really hard.

We'll likely see 10 to 12 inches and the winds are kicking up to 45 miles per hour. I can only imagine the snowdrifts in the morning on top of the already huge snow piles.

Luckily my husband took tomorrow off work and school will likely be called off, so I'll have a lot of help in accomplishing the rearrangement of snow in the morning. I honestly don't know where we're going to put it!

captain, good on you for taking your aunt Edna under your wing. There's a heart of gold underneath your gruffness. I expect to be duly insulted for saying that. :)
(5)

should be: take CARE of things...I'm snowblind. :)
(2)

windy,
GRRRRR
(1)

sorry about that snow windy. it was mildly amusing the first two days -- in early december..
(1)

Went out for my bday with another fellow bday-er I've made friends with… and even though I'm terrified to sing in front of people, I participated in karaoke night at local, low key joint. It was fun. Happy Bday to me. Oh, we sang Bohemian Rhapsody, btw… yeah… really. I even sang the instrumental parts… how can you not? Duh dununuh du du, duh dununuh du, duh, dana duh….
(3)

just waking up -- stegman " in a sidecar " -- blew coffee out my nose.. jesse -- hassenpfeffer, lol..
(0)

With air guitar, I hope, Alison? I think you'll find it is The Law.
(2)

jesse. i been thinkin. maybe the rabbit can be spared if you have frog legs instead.
hop back there and fry me a hamburger..he
(0)

Windy sounds like you live in NY with all the snow around.
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter