Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
4 5 6 7 8
RR, thinking of you and hoping you are getting some rest in all this. Will keep checking in for updates, but foremost is your taking care of you in this hard time while the healers work hard for your Mom.
(4)

I just saw this post. So sorry to hear about Mom. I have sent a prayer up.
(3)

So sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like all is being done that can be. Hugs and prayer for you.
(3)

ITRR - My prayers are with you and your mom.
(5)

Thinking of you and yours, ITRR. Many (((((hugs)))))
(4)

ITRR so sorry for the loss of your friend.

Best to you and mom. Good to hear she is doing well.
(4)

ITRR: Prayers sent, dear real. I had twisted bowel surgery, which saved my life in 2002. Hugs.💛💚
(2)

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for comfort and peace…
(4)

Wow, awake and not in pain is huge.
I sure have no idea how long it will take the lab, but the norm in this is all the bacteria in our gut is what shows up and that is just about everything, heavy on a whole lot of e-coli. What they often want is the best antibiotics here, the most powerful to get the biggest colonies of bacteria. Our systems are so resistant to antibiotics now, including the heavy duty vancos. My bro, when he had sepsis from a teeny sore on his shin was resistant to everything, and it is what took him out.
They will be doing perhaps some cultures that can take as long as 3 days in the past, but may be quicker now to see what the bacteria she is showing is sensitive to. I have been so long out of nursing that I am worthless. So don't listen to me, and keep asking them.
RR, I think no one here is so small, no matter what their beliefs, to question your heading and you don't owe anyone an explanation at all. I am not a believer, but today on my walk to the library I passed one of our lovely churches that keeps a "prayer board" outside with colored ribbons to hang "prayer flags" to seek help or give thanks. Just want you to know I tied a flag for you and your Mom and said a prayer, for if you are right (you so often are, ha ha), then there is a voice to hear mine.
Please take care. Whether we are praying or holding you in our hearts I believe in good energy.
(10)

My prayers are with you both.
(3)

So glad that your mom isn’t suffering. That’s wonderful!
(3)

Hi Isthisrealyreal - I'm sending Tons of prayers your way - for your mother's healing and recovery and for strength and comfort - and a fully positive outcome.

Sending you big hugs, blessings and prayers - and we are all with you in spirit and sending great positive energy!

XO
(4)

Bless God! So glad your mum is not suffering.
(4)

ITRR,
Praying for your Mom, and for you. I have had a bowel obstruction in the past, so I can pray with great understanding.

It’s soooo difficult to see our loved ones suffering. I’m glad they’re addressing your Mom’s pain!
(4)

ITRR: Chuck's always gotten his hemoglobin transfusions quite fast; never a big delay on that front. He's always been in major hospitals though, downtown Denver or the Mayo Clinic, which could have something to do with it, I'm sure. Glad to hear mom appears to be in no pain, and alert/verbal! GOOD NEWS
(7)

I'm so sorry to hear both these things, ITRR. Prayer for comfort for your loss, healing for your mom and peace in your heart.
(5)

I wanted to apologize if my heading made anyone feel excluded. I just didn't want to offend anyone that gets upset because belief in God is brought into the question or discussion, I wanted to warn them but, I do cherish everyone that is sending support.

I do covet all prayers and appreciate them beyond measure, I believe they are being heard.

The news is that she will be getting a blood transfusion and the hemoglobin will be monitored closely. They have put a wound vac on the incision, we are still awaiting pathology reports.

Does anyone know the standard average it takes to get those? I can't get any answer besides a while, which it has been.

She was awake and verbal this afternoon, obviously not suffering, Thank you Jesus!!!
(10)

I'm sorry to hear the news of your friend and your mom. I am lifting her up in prayer right now and asking for God's will to be done, and for her not to suffer. I'm also lifting you up as I know God will give you the strength for whatever lies ahead.
Please keep us posted on how she's doing.
And if you want to PM me with her first name so I can pray for her by name that would be great. But if not, don't worry, God knows who I'm talking about when I say Isthisrealyreal's mom.
May God bless you and keep you.
(5)

Many hugs being sent your way today.
(3)

Sorry to just be seeing this now; have been embroiled in a crisis of my own the past few days.

Sending prayers for your mom that God keeps her wrapped tightly in His arms now during this scary time. Praying that her hemoglobin rises and she begins improving on a daily basis. From my mouth to God's ears, Amen.

Sending you a big hug b/c I know how hard all this truly IS
(12)

Thanks for your update, RR. Came in to look for one.
(4)

ITRR, Prayers for your mother. I hope she recovers quickly.
(3)

Update: her hemoglobin is dropping, it is down to 6.9. Waiting for the doctor to place orders.

Again, thank you ALL for your support. Great big warm hug to everyone.
(11)

My husband and I are praying now.
(2)

Holding you and your mom in my heart ITRR.
(4)

So very sorry that you and your mom are in such a difficult situation. Please keep us posted.
(1)

Prayers!
(2)

Prayers said. We are with you.
(3)

Oh, RR, I am so very sorry. I am SO sorry.
Know my heart and my thoughts are with you. I hope/I KNOW you have strength now through your faith. My brother lost the love of his life to sepsis after perforation, and his love was only in his early 30s. I have seen you speak of sepsis before, and you know the odds Mom is facing. I hope she has the best of dedicated care and all the miracles of healing that their skill and your faith can bring to her. It is terrible that you must face the death of a dear friend at the same time.
Know that this Forum is pulling for you and your Mom in every way we are able.
(6)

I'm keeping you and your mom in my thoughts. So sorry you are going through this.
(3)

4 5 6 7 8
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter