Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
Just saw on TV news she has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma....her worst nightmare.

Apparently she's already had breast cancer. I'm sure they will remove it to clear margins pronto, since it the deadliest of all skin cancers.

My love of Maui and inability to put sunscreen on my back resulted in removal of 4 basal cell skin cancers in 2019. Don't skimp on sunscreen, I learned the hard way.

Prayers and support to the Princess!
(0)

I’m usually only interested in the minutiae of the royal family when something noteworthy is going on, such as the queen’s funeral. I happened to be in London on the day that Prince William was born, and that was fun too. There was a celebration with bands and patriotic things at Battersea Park and that was fun to do; people were dancing in the grass and on the walkways, waving British flags. But I’m mostly interested because it’s history in the making. I love the lessons of history, but we don’t know what they are until years hence.
(4)

It's kind of like my fixation on Moonstruck, cwillie. Or on Chariots of Fire. Zefferelli's
Romeo and Juliet. The Bishop's Wife. The Godfather.
It's a story. A saga. An entertainment.
King Geo learning not to stutter so he could give an uplifting speech in WW II during the war.
The princesses giving hope to the UK populace in WW II. Di's tragic marriage.
I know. Now that we know they are real people, and boy did Di and Chas teach us THAT quick, it's not the same.
But you know, Queen Victoria's wedding and more, what she was BURIED WITH IN HER COFFIN!
I love that stuff.
The gossip. The gossip. Give me all the gossip.
Don't love it enough to buy a tabloid, but you know, if you ever saw the movie--The Madness of King George, where in the end, after all the madness, he's out there in his wig with his family saying
"Smile.
Wave.
It's what we're here for."

THAT's for sure. They aren't there for much else anymore.
About as much use as a Disney princess, their own Princesses.
No, maybe not as much use, as the Disney princesses can keep the kids quiet for quite a while!

So I understand for certain that some aren't into the tabloid gossip. I myself prefer the plastic surgery failed makeovers. But I don't understand the sort of "meanness". Just sayin. I don't. And it makes me wonder what it comes out of. Maybe just our general human meanness, because boy, we got that in heaps to be sure.
(3)

Alva - the American fixation with the British royal family has always bewildered me. I think a lot of the current interest is due to the Netflix show that makes everyone think they have the inside scoop 🙄
(2)

AlvaDeer, about not trusting the source if it's not The Palace, I felt that way too. Then I looked up Concha Calleja, the reporter. She is a Spanish journalist who lives in Madrid or Barcelona, and she's written many books about famous people. One of her books is about Princess Diana. This would explain how she might have a contact within the royal household or on the palace staff who would be informative.

OMG, I don't think people hate princesses! I want to be one! In fact, I wanted to be either Queen Elizabeth II or the Pope, but alas, it didn't happen. They both had beautiful clothes, wore fancy hats, and had nice rides.
(3)

I had a bladder prolapse repair a couple of years ago. They sent me home the same day. I never should have been sent home so early.

I had complications, was back in the ER, twice. 1st one, readmitted for 2 days. 2nd one, for at least a week.

If Kate is going through any of that hell, she won’t be feeling like she’s living in any darn palace, that’s for sure. I feel bad for her. It was AWFUL.
(2)

Yes, she is not going to be in a room with 4 walls. Her children will be able to be with and her husband. We here in the US release patients too soon. My daughter was an admitting nurse for Rehab and she has refused to admit patients because they are not ready for rehab. So, maybe this is the way the Royals get away from it all.
(0)

I think that I would not trust any expose materials about what is happening here. If you didn't get it from the Palace it likely didn't happen.

What kind of surprises me here is how much we hate princesses?
Or is it just her?
I kind of don't get it? Is it the wealth thing?

WAIT! It's that whole American Revolution thing!
We didn't quite get over it yet?

Anyway, I have quite loved watching the Royals all my life. I mean they provide us a world of good gossip, do they not? My favorite bit has always been Charles wishing he were a tampon. THAT one truly got to me! And Camilla makes just the loveliest Cruella since Cruella herself. Talk about a true survivor! She's only missing the dalmatian pups.

Alas, LovingHusband would deny us our levity, but personally I am facing down the Big C. again this week, and I have to say I was just telling my daughter this morning, if I couldn't LAUGH about it all, I cannot see a reason to even TRY to survive it! Right? Irony and laughter are the only things that have got me THIS far! Love helps, but if it's love without laughter, fo-ged-aboud-it.
(4)

My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family. It's unfathomable that this (whatever it is) should be happening to someone who was so fit and healthy beforehand. It reminds me to appreciate every single minute, no matter how difficult things in my life are at present.
(3)

Hope she recovers . Scary for the kids especially . I know in the original announcements the reason they gave for the secrecy was to protect the children .
(3)

From amp.marca.com:

However, despite the planned nature of this surgery three days after the operation, the Telecinco program 'Fiesta' has given the latest update on Kate Middleton's condition. 
Specifically, it has been the journalist Concha Calleja, who has revealed how the Princess of Wales is doing, with increased concerns over her recovery.
"I have spoken to an aide at the Royal Household and they assure me that something has gone wrong in the postoperative period. The situation is so serious that that is why they have decided to send these two statements," Calleja alleged.

"The last time we saw her was at the Christmas lunch and from then on she began to feel unwell, Kate was admitted on 28 December and is in the hands of the doctors for several days.
"I believe that the Palace will issue a new communiqué in the next few days explaining better what is happening, the operation was serious in itself, lasting several hours and with a certain risk, a risk that did not occur on the operating table but in the postoperative period."

Takeaway: Never eat the figgy pudding.
(2)

The underground thing made me laugh . 😂

Maybe Kate does head stands 1/2 the day to keep her face from falling .
(1)

Gershun, I laughed out loud about the fallen face. I agree, she is a beautiful middle aged woman and we all hope to look so fallen. :-)
(5)

Maybe she's having a spa weekend. In the royal family that's probably two weeks.

It must suck always having to keep up appearances 24/7. Maybe she wants to lay around in her sweats with no make up on for a while. I know I would if I was her.
(1)

If her face has fallen then mine is underground, never to be seen again. :P
(8)

I suspect a hysterectomy. She had brutal pregnancies and I wouldn't be surprised if she had other "lady issues," too.

They aien't bust sitting in a hospital bed. The royals have a suite of rooms, so I'm sure she's recuperating in an apartment-like setting for a couple of weeks to ensure she has 24/7 care and quality rest. No doubt she'll emerge from the hospital looking fabulous.

I was in the hospital for eight days a couple of years ago for gallbladder removal surgery and pancreatitis, and I wasn't back to full speed for about four months. Kate will likely need the entire couple of months she's taking to recuperate, and good for her.
(4)

@Burnt, they did say that the king does not have cancer.
(1)

If her appendix burst, she would be hospitalized for a long while.

May The Lord touch her and be with her family during this difficult time.
(8)

No one is in the hospital for two weeks these days unless it is extremely serious. So whatever it is it is not good. I hope she has a speedy recovery.
(3)

@Southernwaver

King Charles is in the hospital for something prostate-related. Did they say not cancer for him?
(1)

By the way, the official statement didn’t say anything about “not cancer”. A source understands it’s not cancer.

Which means it could be cancer. (I hope it’s not)
(0)

The UK media airbrush Kate’s photos. If you find photos from other countries, it’s usually the un retouched ones. She’s looking very tired and haggard (probably because she’s been sick.)
(1)

There was recent comment about a 4th child arriving sometime this year. A girl, to be named Elizabeth. Learned long ago to not stop and gaze at scandal papers in racks at grocery stores - keep moving through the check-out counters. She is a beautiful lady - I wish her the best of health, for whatever may be the issue.
(4)

@ southernwaver, could you be thinking of Queen Camilla? To my knowledge, Kate doesn't smoke, and her face hasn't exactly fallen yet.
(4)

Aw, Lovinghusband, lighten up. Most of us are mired in caregiving and having a difficult time every day. It’s good to have a distraction and to show concern for people that we don’t have to be responsible for.

What did you do today? I coped with myriad dementia problems with my husband. He can’t understand why I put a wool scarf around his neck when he went outside, and now, back in the house, he doesn’t want to take it off though our thermostat is at 76 degrees. Earlier I figured out a way to have a rare private conversation that husband couldn't hear; I talked for half an hour with a care agency CEO explaining my husband’s issues, which include losing ability to speak and understand. CEO explained options in hiring the right caregiver. I washed and dried the towels that were still wet from showering my husband last night, as he no longer knows how to shower himself. I unpacked the walker that arrived today as I worried about introducing it to my husband, who has difficulty standing up by himself now. I cleaned and changed batteries in husband’s hearing aids, adjusted them with his phone app, and explained to him what they are and how to put them on (he's been wearing them for 10 years but no longer can manage them by himself). I dropped off his glasses at the optometrist’s five minutes from home for repair. I didn't take husband as I didn't think it would go well - he gets confused. I went back to get the glasses, hurry-hurry because husband shouldn't be left alone for any length of time, then spent some time explaining to husband that he should take off his old glasses and wear the repaired ones. He didn’t quite get it, but he complied. And so on, all day every day.

I posted advice on here for others (I’m caregiving my 4th family dementia patient and like to help other caregivers if I can). And I posted my concern about the Princess of Wales. It was good being in touch with my fellow posters and I enjoyed the interaction. I rarely get out and seldom have time for phone conversations with friends, who mostly don't call because they know I have too many things to do to really kick back and have a frivolous conversation.

You didn't like my post, so sue me, but I liked posting it.
(12)

I’m sorry this question bothered you .
Sometimes alittle levity is therapeutic .

You could have just skipped over it .
Often someone asks a question that is not directly related to aging care . Often it’s marital issues , or fighting with siblings, or preserving inheritance .

Again , sorry . You are obviously stressed . I hope you are taking care of yourself as well as your LO.
(4)

Technically the Princess is "aging" and this could in fact be an age related issue.
(3)

LoopyLoo,

Thank you for the correction. Not sure why I thought that .🤷‍♀️
(1)

Seriously? That ridiculous question on this forum? I come here daily to learn more about 'Aging' issues.

Not anymore.
(0)

Diana was not kept in the hospital for a week with either baby. Was maybe 2 days for William and less than that for Harry.
(2)

1 2 3 4
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter