Follow

Seems like more than a simple appendectomy or D and C.

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4
The good news is that Kate will get the best care available.
(4)

Weather or not we are royal watchers or not. They give England a lot of tourism. I would love to go to England! For the history the royals , all of it. And there is no language barrier.

Totally needs, Charles was a pawn, not being able to marry who he loved. And then Dianna became a pawn. So many people where hurt by that. And queens Elizabeth sister, Margaret, life was a mess because she couldn't be with who she loved.

I think the Queen was doing what she thought was best though. I just hope they , can heal there family issues someday, I want them all to be happy and make peace
(3)

The royal family certainly has had their share of heartaches and scandals.

I think about Princess Diana’s life and tragic death. Her death greatly affected her sons’ lives.

They live in a fish bowl with everyone observing their ups and downs.

I wouldn’t want to live in such a public space.

Being a member of the royal family isn’t all about living a luxurious lifestyle. It’s a life dedicated to service. I imagine that it’s a lot different than any of us common folk could ever imagine.

Change is slow. Certain things have changed. Image is so important to them. They aren’t free to express themselves. So much is expected from them.

Queen Elizabeth married Philip against her parents wishes but when their son wanted to marry Camilla they disapproved of him marrying her. Eventually, he was able to marry the love of his life.

Charles was pressured to marry Dianna. It wasn’t fair to Charles or Diana. They are pressured to have children, the heir and the spare. It’s isn’t a fairytale story. It’s quite dysfunctional when you think about it.

William wasn’t very kind to Kate when they were dating. I love that she dropped him like a hot potato until he treated her like she deserved to be treated. I do hope that she will be okay.

I will never forget seeing those young boys at their mother’s funeral. It was incredibly sad. She would hate that William and Harry aren’t close to each other.

William is suited for royal life. Harry went his own way with Meghan. I hope he finds whatever he is looking for and is at peace.

Sometimes siblings separate and don’t remain close to one another.
(2)

It’s all speculation. Nothing is confirmed. No one knows specific details about Kate’s medical condition.

She deserves her privacy. I wish her well. It’s sad for all of them. Her children are young.

I don’t pay any attention to the trashy paparazzi or the rag newspapers.

My DNA test results show that I am predominantly British. It is interesting to follow the royal family.

I’m also Irish and Scottish. So, just about all of my family came from the United Kingdom.

We may be fascinated by other countries. They are also curious about our lives in America.
(2)

Though at this point, we have been told, it really is none of our business. This is a private matter for her and her family. We really should stick to our own business and stay out if others, especially whom you don’t know.
(1)

Harry also said “ the toxic press in Great Britain is effecting my mental health” .
That is why it was assumed he wanted to live a more private life. I find it strange that he then embraces the press when he came to America, going on TV. Like Hothouse said , I would have respected him more had he walked away with class to start his new life , instead of a book , interviews and TV appearances about his grievances that earned them big bucks . That makes him no better than the toxic press he complained about .
I honestly don’t follow closely , I know nothing about Megan. But Harry as a young man was quite the party boy , not having the decorum desired in public by a Royal .
(1)

It’s so weird that even in a thread about Kate, everyone makes it about Meghan.

The word privacy was NEVER in any statement from Harry and Meghan when they left. People who don’t care to find the truth just believe whatever daily mail shoves down their throats.

Also, the Brits don’t pay for Harry and Meghan in any way. They left and they are self sufficient with real jobs.

Here is their statement where they never said privacy:
“After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.
It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment.
We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages.
This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.
We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support
(0)

I love Harry and Meghan and I support them 100%. Im very glad they got out of that mess. Her new IG is americanrivieraorchard — it’s her new venture but she hasn’t started posting anything yet. The website (for those who don’t have IG) is americanriviera.com (Santa Barbara is known as the American riviera— Harry and Meghan live in Montecito, Ca)
(0)

My husband ‘s guess is total hysterectomy and now ovarian cancer.
(1)

My guess is that it was a female related surgery, a hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal etc. Anything removed is sent to pathology, and that’s probably when they found the cancer. Could have been endometrial (uterine lining) cancer, cervical cancer, ovarian cancer . I tend to think the surgery was on her reproductive organs due to her vague description…”abdominal surgery.” And I also think it’s her right to be vague.
(6)

Very well put, house flower, I agree, with it all.

And I think Harry has so much pain and sadness in him. It's written all over his face
(0)

I read Harry's book Spare. I got it out of the library. I certainly wouldn't have spent my money to read it. I was prepared to ridicule it, but my takeaway however was despite huge privilege he had growing up, the death of Diana really screwed him up. That and the unhealthiness of a being the "spare" should something happen to your brother is not a great way to live. So I have some compassion for him because I don't think he lived a normal life.

It is good he walked away to build a life of his own, but I would have respected him more if he dropped out of the public eye completely instead of being a publicity monger airing out his family's dirty laundry for money. And I also don't think much of his wife.

The sad situation of two senior royals no longer being in the public eye for an indefinite time may mean changes for the monarchy's future. I do think the monarchy has had its day and this might be the catalyst to spell its end.

In spite of that, I do wish the King and Princess speedy recoveries and may they be cancer-free for many years to come.
(2)

to the question in the title- difficult to know, as , as Royals, they do and will get special attention. We cannot think based on usual hospital lengths of stay in the U.K. and USA for ordinary folk. I have lived and still have family in the U.K. (and my mother was ill and died there), So I am very familiar with their general health care system, but that is irrelevant when its a Royal in hospital (or someone else with plenty of funds). At the same time, the Royals can get extra attention and care at home as well. So hard to know what the 2 weeks meant. Now we know there was a surgery and a diagnosis found of cancer. Thats about what we know. THe surgery could have been a very simple one no?, with some suspicious findings on whatever was removed so they kept her in? And maybe even started chemotherapy during that hospitalization?
(0)

Harry and Megan are hypocrites .
They said they left Great Britain and the royal life because they wanted to live a more private life . I don’t think publishing a book or going on TV with Oprah spilling their guts is living a private life . They are opportunists. They made money spilling secrets . They will try to return to the Royal Family if they stand to gain from it.
(2)

I'm not really sure how I feel about Harry and Megan, I just kinda sit back and watch them, like are they a poisonous snake or harmless. Jury is still out for me on that one
(1)

These days, with the coarsening of society in general, it's good to see someone who seems to have her head together, is devoted to family, and is beautiful and well-dressed besides. The Princess of Wales has her devotees, and rightfully so. She's been a breath of fresh air.
(7)

I admit I'm a royal watcher. I don't like Meghan Markle and think she's a money and fame grubbing opportunist. I also think the Brits should cut off Prince Harry's paychecks too. He doesn't do anything for his Great Britain and doesn't even live there.
(3)

cwillie ,

maybe Americans watch the Royal Family because we don’t have the Kennedys anymore so to speak . People all over the world watched Jackie Kennedy the way people watch Kate . They are influential in fashion styles .
(1)

cwillie,
Is it Megan who outed a lot of stuff about "the Firm". Because I had not really heard about all that until she and Harry came across the pond to do a 24/7 hatchet job on the family. It has an entertainment value of sorts, but like I said, not a whole lot more entertaining than Brangelina stories. I don't do the gossip papers unless the line is long at checkout and there REALLY great botched plastic surgeries! Hee hee.
(2)

Alot of talk about Kate saying preventive chemo. I think she just chose those words that soften the blow. She is still trying to process this and accept it. It takes time I'm sure. I don't feel like that word means much of anything

Almost like saying, you lost someone instead of saying someone died.
(1)

cwillie, since they are the royal family I'd hope that they wouldn't have to wait weeks for a pathology report.

My hubs a few weeks ago had some suspicious skin biopsied after a routine check, and he got the report back the next day (melanoma, but hadn't penetrated to a deeper level, thankfully). He got the removal surgery within the week, also thankfully.
(1)

cwillie,

I do not recall the Princess giving any timeline on when she received the pathology report. She has known long before her video yesterday. She said the family took time to process the results of the pathology report ( in their heads ) .
(0)

Just my humble opinion as a layperson but ovarian cancer that has has spread to bowel wouldn't need to wait weeks for the pathology report, it would have been pretty self evident from the get go.

(And all this chatter about how insiders call it "the firm" and the supposed experts dishing dirt on things like royal protocol is hilarious)
(1)

True Alva .
We can’t know for sure if it was exactly like the princess stated in her video or not .
And of course there is good reason for the Princess to present such the optimistic scenario as she did yesterday . To protect the children.
(2)

I think we cannot know the details here. Nor are we likely EVER to know them fully.
The known or unknown part of what kind of cancer, where and whether spread or not isn't known. Before her surgery it was known she would retire from public duties for some months. You don't do that for fibroids. Or for an exploratory laproscopy.

The royal family is often called "The Firm" and that's because their publicity machine is "run" by their minders. They are told what to say and when to say it and we never learned this so completely as through Diana, and now ongoing to Prince Harry and Megan.

What we KNOW about the facts for the Princess of Wales is what they choose to tell us.
They already chose to tell nothing, then to post a manipulative picture that was meant to deceive.

She has a right to privacy.
She is a public figure so the public will continue to guess.
Eventually the paparazzi will get records and the world will know.

What I heard is that it is ovarian and has spread to bowel. And again, that isn't confirmed. Others have heard any number of theories. And I think we just have to settle for we cannot know.
She said she was getting chemo as a preventative.
You don't get chemo as a preventative, but rather get it as a treatment ordinarily.

We will know what we know when she chooses to tell us.
Once she says in public what she has the TVs and papers will explode with conjecture about her survival. Her children would be privy to that. Esp young George. Imagine going to school and hearing conjecture from your classmates who heard it over the breakfast table.

Meanwhile we will guess, or just leave her be and wish her the very best.
(0)

A surprise to find cancer does not imply it was one of those hard to detect cancer, pancreas , ovarian etc
The Princess did not say the doctors found cancer during the operation . It was revealed in the pathology report that she had cancer . It was a surprise , that they were not expecting , meaning during surgery nothing was looking cancerous to the doctors .
For example , uterine fibroids leading to hysterectomies are not uncommon and are usually not cancerous . This would be an example where the original surgery was successful removing all the fibroid(s) and most likely they just took the whole uterus but the routine post surgery pathology report came back surprisingly as cancerous .

As Burnt said , the Princess said the surgery was a success. She went in for a surgery and no cancer was expected . However the pathology report showed cancer . Apparently testing after finding out she had cancer , scans done etc revealed no metastasis . They are doing chemo protocol to be safe in case there are some cells left behind . In other words it’s like pulling a weed out and also spraying weed killer to make sure it doesn’t return .

Essentially , they went in and did her scheduled surgery , removed what they planned on doing in the first place. The surprise part was that whatever they removed turned out to be cancer .
(2)

Cwillie, I'm strangely obsessed, and I know it's a strange thing to be so interested in. Might of started with the crown and downtown Abby. And even outlander. I have no clue🤪

Also maybe because Americas news sucks so bad, id rather put my head in the sand and put on BBC
(2)

I can't wrap my head around why so many Americans are so invested royal watching, it's seriously weird (and a little creepy)
(1)

Pancreatic, liver, kidney, ovarian cancers all very difficult to detect early on because the symptoms are so vague and general (fatigue, weight loss, back pain, etc.) By time anyone gets a clue that something else is going on, it's too late. That's how it was for both my hub's Grandma and his Dad, both had pancreatic cancer. Neither lived more than 2 years. I had a friend who made it to 4-1/2 years until her PC returned.

The fruitfulness of this thread is about learning that no one should continue with a doctor if you have these symptoms that are not resolving with treatment and further testing & imaging are not ordered. Don't let any doctor try to minimize it.
(0)

"King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.
The type of cancer has not been revealed >>> it is not prostate cancer, <<< but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157
(0)

1 2 3 4
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter