Follow

I just thought I'd share this article from Australia:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-02-17/forest-view-childers-creative-approach-residents-with-dementia/103474854

Innovative facilities around the world have demonstrated that life with dementia or just as a senior in a facility doesn't have to be the bleak "waiting for god" that it too often is. Of course it always takes time, vision and the will to do things differently, which is the stumbling block.

Find Care & Housing
Amazing! Only in Japan!
(0)

A friend of mine’s daughter just returned from a visit with her dad who has dementia. He lives in Japan and attends an adult day care program every weekday. One of their regular activities is that everyone gets a shower and their hair washed and styled. The family brings a change of clothes on shower days. For this man, he’d become resistant to bathing at all, and now he takes a shower at home before he goes to the program because he “doesn’t want to smell bad for them” Ingenious!
(1)

thanks for posting . A number of ALs in the US offer such activities. My dad's AL has some of these. I just wish he would participate - he just does not want to participate in any....
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter