People are supposed to go to memory care units or specialist dementia care facilities.

There aren't enough of them, I agree; and I agree that a greater awareness of dementia all round, perhaps especially in elder care services, would be a good thing.

Would you like to say a little more about what difficulties your and loved one are facing?

Trained AL assistants are not fully medically oriented. If they carry certifications, it is only to handle safety and personal care appropriate to AL arrangements. Psychiatric problems that disrupt the lives of other residents or who can cause bodily harm are not meant for ALs. I recommend that you set up an appointment with a geriatric professional who is schooled in FTD. You need more help to navigate the system and find appropriate housing

Assisted livings are not equipped for people with problems associated with problems this causes. I think this problem can become violent. ALs have to protect their other residents. Note I say residents. These people pay a lot to live in an AL. It is their homes. There r not as many aides because residents don't need constant care. They should be able to do for themselves to a point.